PiP Teaser Trailer 2009

MorganDrake

Cool Vid! Next one..show some of the encampment on the way to Stynkys hangin! eagh eagh

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Just a note for technical purposes... The Bone Islands are in charge of what is known as the Fort Zachary Taylor Pirate Fest, not PiP. Pirates in Paradise exists outside of the fort festival and the name is owned by Julie McEnroe of The Event Network. The Fort Zachary Taylor Pirate Fest is part of PiP, but is not PiP. PiP is the larger celebration that includes the arts, cultureal and historical activities and social events around town.

-- Hurricane

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Then perhaps we should change the name of the thread to "Fort Zachary Taylor Pirate Fest" and let

Julie do her own promotion

There is actually a cooperatve rather than an adversarial relationship going on. They work very well together. The Ft, Zach event is a spin-off from the original PiP, which is still very much alive. Sort of a symbiotic and mutually supportive relationship.

>>>> Cascabel

[hurricane Posted Today, 05:04 AM

Just a note for technicality purposes... The Bone Islands are in charge of what is known as the Fort Zachary Taylor Pirate Fest, not PiP. Pirates in Paradise exists outside of the fort festival and the name is owned by Julie McEnroe of The Event Network. So, this is actually the Fort Zach Pirate Fest, not PiP.

-- Hurricane]

Then perhaps we should change the name of the thread to "Fort Zachary Taylor Pirate Fest" and let

Julie do her own promotion

There is actually a cooperatve rather than an adversarial relationship going on. They work very well together. The Ft, Zach event is a spin-off from the original PiP, which is still very much alive. Sort of a symbiotic and mutually supportive relationship.

>>>> Cascabel

Well, I didn't think it would matter if it was called Pirates in Paradise or the Fort Zachary Taylor Pirate Festival? Since we all call it PiP even if we are at the fort.

PiP covers the whole event. (Nov. 28- Dec. 6) The fort part is from dec. 3-6. Just because I showed footage from the fort doesn't mean it's not for PiP.

The fort part is like a subsidary for pip. do you not want me to use PiP as a title? you think julie will get pissed off? don't want to piss anyone off, or make advertisements for it, if it's not appreciated and will be criticized to technicalities... cuz i'm not making it for anyone. i'm not getting paid for it (nor am i asking to be). i'm doing it bc i like it and whats i do. I do it for my pirates family.

Well, I didn't think it would matter if it was called Pirates in Paradise or the Fort Zachary Taylor Pirate Festival? Since we all call it PiP even if we are at the fort.

PiP covers the whole event. (Nov. 28- Dec. 6) The fort part is from dec. 3-6. Just because I showed footage from the fort doesn't mean it's not for PiP.

The fort part is like a subsidary for pip. do you not want me to use PiP as a title? you think julie will get pissed off? don't want to piss anyone off, or make advertisements for it, if it's not appreciated and will be criticized to technicalities... cuz i'm not making it for anyone. i'm not getting paid for it (nor am i asking to be). i'm doing it bc i like it and whats i do. I do it for my pirates family.

Morgan, I believe I'm safe in saying that your pirate family truly appreciates the work you do in your photography and in the efforts you made in your video for us all to enjoy.

Thank you for all the work you do for us.

I loved the video. Especially Nigel going at warp chipmunk speed. I thought that was great.

Edited by Haunting Lily

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

I think you're misunderstanding what I said. Like the term "aspirin" Pirates in Paradise is a trade name. As such, it needs to be noted as such, otherwise it becomes generic like aspirin and the owner loses ownership because it is considered a name in the public domain. The same happened to xerox as a term for photocopying.

It's not a big deal, it was simply noted for legal purposes to keep it from becoming lost to the public domain. And since I work in the profession and have dealt with this issue all my life, I simply pointed it out. I have to do the same with all the clients I work with so it was something I didn't even think about when I posted it here. I do it all over the net for everyone I work for to protect their creative assets... just habit.

Julie knows nothing about this post and I'm sure she doesn't care - as Cascabel said, they are separate yet symbiotic events that leverage off one another. One wouldn't be the same without the other. I simply didn't want the concept of PiP to become diluted as it becomes increasingly indefensible to keep the trade name and brand from becoming another "aspirin" from a legal standpoint.

Sorry for any ruffled feathers. No harm was intended.

-- Hurricane

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Hey, I'll be there too - what a strange co-inkidink.

It's going to be a goody, that's for sure.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Hey, I'll be there too - what a strange co-inkidink.

It's going to be a goody, that's for sure.

-- Hurricane

Ya knnow, I think I might try to make both the Pirate in Paradise and Fort Taylor Pirate Festivals this year... :blink:

But now that I am home and have watched the video.... Awesome work MorganDrake! Loved the play with the slow and fast motion, almost made me think I was watching a John Woo film (who is one of my favourite action movie directors, so you know that is a compliment).

Michael_banner.jpg

Diosa and I sponsor it, so we're there for the duration. Plus we're staying Monday this year so Michelle can sing with a big band at Norma's 90th. She's one of the guest performers, along with the Ink Spots. We may never get home... :)

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

The video is excellent whatever it's titled ....even if made as a lost leader bid to attempt better forms of advertising than those that have been done in the past ..wouldn't want to see you get sued for trade-name infringement for trying to increase the attendance of the events

Hey Morgan and Blind I Productions,

Great job on that vid. I loved the slow mo and the cannon. I want to thank you both from Captain Spike and all of the Bone Island Buccaneers. This is a great promo and makes a nice compliment to the Amanjira 2007 video. And since we are all so caught up in the spirit of "Cooperation" for PIP I want to thank you again for your FREE cooperation. Of course, I regret that the confusion about the FTPF and PIP. No one really seperates any of the events of PIP, it is ALL Pirate's in Paradise. As I told you after viewing the video originally, you have full permission to use our registered trademark, the Bone Island Buccaneers for all promos, PIP and FTPF. However, it is true that the Events Network (Julie) owns the name "Pirate's in Paradise Festival." The phrase "Pirates in Paradise" is owned by someone else and not Julie, so you may want to change that in the video. Just in case people are not as excited as the Bone Island Buccaners about the BI prmotions. For the record, the only event we "present" in the Fort Taylor Pirate Fest.

Since we just completed our trademark registration, I am quite familiar with "disclaimers" now. Let me know if you need some disclaimer examples to use in your productions.

Your Pyrat Family appreciates your hard work, talents, and promotions on behalf of the PIP event. And I personally appreciate everything that you, Johnny and the Callahans do for our event. I cannot thank you wondeful folks enough who record, shoot, edit and produce these promos ALL for the Love of this Pyrat Family.

Fair Winds to Ye,

Captain Spike, Bone Island Buccaneers

Edited by Spike

Congrats on getting the trademark for Bone Island Buccaneers. Always an educational process when dealing with that paperwork and the federal process for that. Didn't even know there was a Gazette the first time around.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny