Tent Poles/Trailer relay

I thought that instead of things getting buried in the other thread where some might not see it, I'd start a new one. Who would need some cedar poles, how many and how tall? Instead of me sending alot of random ones that may or may not work, it would be best to have some descriptions from those in need. Also, befroe it gets too far we need to know two things:

1) Are there any restrictions on Aromatic Cedar being transported into any states along the way? (shouldn't be as this is the same bug-proof stuff they make cedar chests and sell shredded in bags for hampster cages and such)

2) Who is up for the relay part of this proposal? I will start it as far east as is practicable for me when the time comes, from central Missouri. Who is next in line along the way?

Bo

I would be interested ~ though I would first want to see if Harry will store the poles. I haven't purchased my tent yet, so I would need to make a decision and get back to you with pole dimensions. I am located in Chicago, so I cannot help with the driving, but would be happy to contribute monetarily.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

• 3 weeks later...

OK, no responses so far, I guess I'll jus leave 'em alone. Does Harry have a saw and cordless drill available? I'll put a bunch of 3/8' round stock pins in the box for makin fly poles. I have sixteen cut and peeled so far, mostly small diameter, 1 1/2 and 2 inch for up-rights, and we are going to cut about a dozen bigger ones too, fro 3-5" diameter for ridge poles. Does this sound like enough? I'll leave all of them over eigh feet so they can be cut as needed. Looks like an early spring so I wanna get them cut and peeled before the sap comes up. I have twenty tent stakes too. The traier is going to be light weight enough that a small car (like a Malibu or Taurus size)with a 2" hitch can pull it fairly easy. Wiring harness is a flat-four connector, but I will also send a round converter in case someone along the way needs it.

Bo

• 1 month later...
hay, i can cut some bamboo for anyone who wants, let me know length . as long as i can get it in my truck...boosoo 62@aol,com

He didn't mention it, but Boo lives in Florida.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

hay, i can cut some bamboo for anyone who wants, let me know length . as long as i can get it in my truck...boosoo 62@aol,com

He didn't mention it, but Boo lives in Florida.

Boo, where in Florida do you live? I'm in the Orlando area. I looked at yer profile but didn't see much.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

I can safely say that I would love some bamboo for my tent. I'll get you the dimensions.

Also, if you have the room, the Bone Island Buccaneers might want as much as you can carry for various enclosures and structures for this year and in the future.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I was holding back because I can't tow ...I would love to have cedar poles for my travels. I have a Honda Civic and will have to carry things a roof rack for a few years (until I can buy a new car) the cedar would be great. You mean NO one wants cedar? Well I can't make Bo do all of that work just for me! Hmm ...maybe my Civic and I can go to the state of ...where are you again. :rolleyes:

So I guess ya'll don't need ay cedar then? Guess I'll not be puttin alot of work into this trailer then. Judging by the silence here I take it that there is not much interest. I'll put my efforts into something else then. thanx.

bo

Don't get me wrong, Bo, if I lived anywhere in between you and the festival I would love cedar poles. I'm 1,300 miles in the other direction. Somebody speak up about the poles. We can always use more materials and options.

Bo, trust me... As I am driving all the way down. I would LOVE to take the trailer/poles with me... But unfortunately, I do not have a trailer hitch nor the motivation to add one to my vehicle... I've been keeping silent on the matter because of the lack of trailer hitch, not the lack of interest or willingness to help.

Cheers

Michael_banner.jpg

Silas offered to tow where he can. Have we any other takers on towing? If we can't get them to PiP I fear that we woud indeed have no takers Bo. Shame ...such a fantastic offer. I for one would love to take you up on it!

Edited by Silkie McDonough

I am still interested, but financially unable to commit to buying a tent at this time ~ so I don't even have the dimensions I would need to provide you for the poles. Not to mention, while I love bamboo, I Really Love Cedar!

I am sorry, Bo, to have made you wait on this. I was hoping to have my own tent, but numerous projects have put me far away from that reality.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

It's all good. I didn't mean to sound so pissy about it. It was a very ambitious plan and logistics just aren't gonna work. I think I can still manage to get some out there through UPS if the need arises. Bamboo that is closer and ready available would be the better choice. No problemo, I'll just focus on getting other things done. if anyone does need poles, let me know and we'll see what can happen. I'll put the trailer thing on hold. It ain't eatin nuthin and I ain't out nuthin at this point. The neighbor was askin about it for making into a ladder hauler. He's a painter and wants something he can put his long ladders on to haul behind his little truck.

Bo

• 1 month later...

If you can get poles to me I can store them until PiP without a problem and anyone flying/driving down that isn't flying into KW will be driving right past the house. I also have a bandsaw, table saw, drills, lathe, and a bunch of other fun stuff.

As for Bamboo, I would love to get some especially since it would go great with the kit we are trying to put together.

id.jpg

• 3 months later...

hay,been lost for a while but back.can get bamboo, dont kno how much maby lots,will check, some in my yard 60-70 ft. tall,3-4'' dia. have friends w/bamboo also, dif. sizes....my truck only has 8' bed, can cary maby 14 ft.lengths. let me no ...boo ...772-287-1756...boosoo62@aol.com...stuart,fl

hay,been lost for a while but back.can get bamboo, dont kno how much maby lots,will check, some in my yard 60-70 ft. tall,3-4'' dia. have friends w/bamboo also, dif. sizes....my truck only has 8' bed, can cary maby 14 ft.lengths. let me no ...boo ...772-287-1756...boosoo62@aol.com...stuart,fl

I honestly think that you should bring as many as you can. We can build all sorts of temporary structures with them and the Bone Island Buccaneers will certainly find uses for them year to year. We'll cut them to size at PIP.

Archangel crewe would be interested in 10 10 footers...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Boo - I would like some of the bamboo poles too if you still have any left. I'd be willing to stop by sometime before PiP and load up a bunch to carry down to Key West for you also. I can fit up to about 12' long in my van. I drive by your area at least once a month anyway...

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

• 1 month later...

Boo - I would like some of the bamboo poles too if you still have any left. I'd be willing to stop by sometime before PiP and load up a bunch to carry down to Key West for you also. I can fit up to about 12' long in my van. I drive by your area at least once a month anyway...