L.O.R.E. CLASSES ARE STILL BEING ARRANGED, BUT HERE'S THE PLANS SO

Jamaica Rose

Classes are still being arranged. So far, for this time we have pinned down instructors for:

***Swivel Gun Operations: Safe operation of small cannon. Use of implements, manufacturing blank ammunition, loading, firing, misfires and cleaning. A hands on class. Each participant will be given the opportunity to fire 2 (two) blank rounds. A donation of $4 is requested to cover materials, and gun powder. Ages 18+

***Performance swordwork: The difference between real swordplay and performance swordplay for the public.

***History of Navigation: Find out how navigators of old found their way around the world without radios, satellites or GPS. Astrolabe, quadrant, cross-staff, backstaff, and sextant. Real examples of period instruments demonstrated.

***Knotwork: Gotta know the ropes and how to put them to work.

WE ARE STILL RECRUITING TEACHERS -- CONTACT ME IF INTERESTED

--Jamaica Rose

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

• 3 weeks later...

Two new classes have been added:

***Piracy 101: The basics of piracy

***How to Get Down and Dirty as a Pirate: Make-up and special effects.

--Jamaica Rose

Find No Quarter Given

Two new classes have been added:

***How to Get Down and Dirty as a Pirate: Make-up and special effects.

Now that I LIKE!! Need t' know how t' get dirty....will there be wenches we can practice with now?? :ph34r:

seriously thou, I need help learn'n how t' get that good dirty look for I be running outta wheel well dirt!

"th' fox chases th' rabbit round th' tree, down th' hatch, o'er th' gums, look out gullet here it comes...... :ph34r: Begad! That STILL don't look like no bowline knot!!!"

:ph34r:

Hey, how's bout a class in some Pirate Curing, now that be one we can use t' end a day! :rolleyes:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

One more class has been added:

***Taverns in the 17th & 18th Centuries: Where was the first place a pirate headed when he came into port .... ? The nearest tavern! Learn what taverns were like, what/who you would have found in one, and what activities went on at one.

Schedule as follows:

SATURDAY

9:30 Piracy 101

10:45 How to Get Down and Dirty as a Pirate

1:15 Swivel Gun Operations

2:45 "Cutting Wit" Too: Staged Swordplay vs Real Fighting

SUNDAY

10:45 Basics of Ropes and Useful Knots

1:15 Survey of Navigation (with emphasis on Age of Discovery)

2:45 Taverns in the 17ty & 18th Centuries

--Jamaica Rose

Find No Quarter Given

Where will the classes be held?

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

Where will the classes be held?

At Cross Roads River Park, Corona, Calif. (It's about 60 miles east of Los Angeles)

Map with directions

From the 91 Freeway exit Main Street or Lincoln in Corona. Go north to River Road. Turn left on River Road cross the Santa Ana River. River Road turns left after the River. Turn left – we are the first drive way on the left.

From the 15 Freeway exit 2nd Street in Norco, go west approximately 1.5 miles to River Road. Turn Right on River Road. Go 1.5 miles after you cross the Santa Ana River. River Road turns left after the River. Turn left – we are the first drive way on the left.

From the 60 Freeway exit Archibald. Go South 7.5 miles to River Road. Turn Right on River. We are the first drive way on the left.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

I guess I should have also asked what dates they will be held. Are the during Cutthroats of Corona Pirate Festival?

Thanks

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

I guess I should have also asked what dates they will be held. Are the during Cutthroats of Corona Pirate Festival?

Thanks

Sat Feb 28 and Sun Mar 1

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Thanks again Greydog!

No problem.

I'd add if you are coming very few people attend in costume, though you are very welcome to do so. So, that's your call, just wouldn't want anybody to be surprised.

One more class has been added:

***Taverns in the 17th & 18th Centuries: Where was the first place a pirate headed when he came into port .... ? The nearest tavern! Learn what taverns were like, what/who you would have found in one, and what activities went on at one.

Might this be a rated 'G' tavern or a rated 'Ahrrrr' tavern? :unsure:

Hey, is this the same place as it was last Spring? I am looking at the satellite view and it looks like they have cut down all them trees along th' main road - the ones that caught fire last year?

And Jamaica Rose, next time they take a satellite shot; look Up and Smile will ye! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Got some photos posted up on me MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/jeff_mad_l

I will get them over on PhotoBucket in a couple days, seems I be fight'n a cold now, and got more classes t' contend with in th' morn.

Twas A Grand Time and much good information! :P

MadL, Grey Dog, Jamaica Rose, Captain Syn, et al

It was a tremendous pleasure meeting all of you. I had a great time all weekend. Thanks for sharing you knowledge!

:huh:

I shared some o' me knowledge??

I thought I came home a might bit dumber... :lol:

*pssst* can I have it back now? Please?? :lol:

:huh:

I shared some o' me knowledge??

I thought I came home a might bit dumber... :lol:

*pssst* can I have it back now? Please?? :lol:

Sorry, I like the mantra "Take what you can... Give nothing back"

Well... maybe later.