Top 10 Signs You've Been to PiP

Mission

10. You feel compelled to cut out cardboard buckles, paint them gold and put them on your tennis shoes for some reason.

9. You can't understand why people aren't constantly asking you to be in their pictures anymore.

8. You find yourself missing the usually noxious smells of gunpowder, tobacco pipe smoke, campfire and three day old sweat.

7. You buy one of those dopey sound machines to play the sounds of waves crashing on the beach. *sigh*

6. You patiently explain to your spouse (roommate/significant other/parents/cat) that henceforth the dining room and kitchen must really be referred to as "the ordinary."

5. People keep calling you by your given name which really confuses you. ("But my name is Mission...")

4. You find yourself patiently explaining to the local barista that s/he must put your coffee into a pewter tankard or it won't "look right."

3. (Unless Stynky stole your mug, that is. Bastid!)

2. You feel naked without sixteen pounds of what would normally be called "useless crap" hanging from your belt.

1. This forum is once again the first place you look on the board when checking in - mostly to see what new developments have taken place...for an event that actually ended last week! :lol:

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and my personall favorite... really, it happened again last night... "hold fast, mate! the reason why i pulled you over is....."

hahaha, that's too funny! I wonder how long they wonder if they really heard that or start thinking, damn, I really must be drunk.... :)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

i usually slip my first night back on the road. the serge usually puts me in plain clothes the first couple of nights back, "for my own good". The indash camera got a good one of me last year after blackbeard. I pulled a DUI and referred to him as " a bloody hell, sot locked varment" cheesy english accent included. needless to say that tape was not used as states evidence.

10. You should be reading the 100's of e-mails in your in box, instead you find yourself rummaging around on the pub, reading everything your friends have ever posted.

9. Instead of admiring the Christmas trees in shop windows you find yourself pinning over those perfectly spaced palm trees just right for a hammock.

8. You're disappointed when friends don't end the evening in song while passing their cup around. stingy bastards!

7. You're bummed that you missed out again and forgot to cook a biscuit on your sword this year.

6. After a week of fighting sleep every step of the way, its seems foreign to actually lie down and willingly close your eyes without worrying what you might miss.

5. You spend the rest of the year trying to figure out how to clone yourself so next year you can sleep and still not miss anything.

4. You can't help but wonder....in this economy I might actually be able to find a reasonably priced island... maybe even one with a FORT??? after all I do know 100 pirates who would be willing to go in on it.

3. You wish hats would come back in fashion...you just don't get to wear your hat enough.

2. You wear your pirate hat to the grocery store... after all it feels odd not to be stared at...so to hell with it, I think I'll wear it to work tomorrow.... WHAT!?!

1. You think next year there may actually be enough people to petition the government to make it an actual HOLIDAY! - Merry PIPmas everyone!

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

i usually slip my first night back on the road. the serge usually puts me in plain clothes the first couple of nights back, "for my own good". The indash camera got a good one of me last year after blackbeard. I pulled a DUI and referred to him as " a bloody hell, sot locked varment" cheesy english accent included. needless to say that tape was not used as states evidence.

Oh thats funny.,...I could hear that followed by " aye ye scallywag, hands behind yer back while i clap ye in irons"

Dutch...hmmm...Dutchy....hmmm...Dudley ..Dooright..."Fear not for I'll save you" The thought of you in a state troopers smoky hat lunging to save me gives me the giggles. Now it all makes sense.

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

6. After a week of fighting sleep every step of the way, its seems foreign to actually lie down and willingly close your eyes without worrying what you might miss.

So true. That's the bummer about staying off site. You do get a good night's sleep (or good morning's sleep, as the case may be), but you always wonder what's going on that you're missing.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Well met Mission. To add my pointed two cents.

10. You hum pyrat songs instead of Christmas carols.

9. You begin to imagine how your "normal" friends look in period clothing.

8. You find that final piece of clothing in a bag, using the smell system.

7. You take exponentianally longer showers for the first three days at home.

6. You find empty mead bottles in your bag.

5. You keep hearing cannons in your sleep

4. You find yourself unable to drink from anything made of a foamy material.

3. You wonder why, on the next morning, there is three pounds of sand on your pillow where your ear was last night.

2. You still smell camp fire smoke three weeks later.

1. Making all the plans for NEXT year before this year is even cleaned up.

and ye still haven't gotten a decent night's sleep because yer up all night reading the posts about the event at the pub, because ye just don't want it to end...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

and ye still haven't gotten a decent night's sleep because yer up all night reading the posts about the event at the pub, because ye just don't want it to end...

Aye, now go to bed!

I just found a bottle of Pirate's Choice in me sea chest! Who knew?

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Well met Mission. To add my pointed two cents.

10. You hum pyrat songs instead of Christmas carols.

8. You find that final piece of clothing in a bag, using the smell system.

7. You take exponentianally longer showers for the first three days at home.

6. You find empty mead bottles in your bag.

5. You keep hearing cannons in your sleep

4. You find yourself unable to drink from anything made of a foamy material.

3. You wonder why, on the next morning, there is three pounds of sand on your pillow where your ear was last night.

2. You still smell camp fire smoke three weeks later.

Wow... I am dealing with too many of these..... had that 'something smells like smoke' moment last night... and I found 2 bottles of rum(still with booze in them though) in all our stuff... I guess I was drinking too much Green Fairy to drink rum....

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

I see you used quotes on 'normal", I can just imagine YOUR "normal" friends. :D
There was a clean up? :blink:

I see you used quotes on 'normal", I can just imagine YOUR "normal" friends. :(

Think "normal" in the Alice in Wonderland sense and you might get close heheheh.

There was a clean up? <_<

Well clean up may be too generous. Break down? And some of the crewe be right broke down alright.

Wow... I am dealing with too many of these..... had that 'something smells like smoke' moment last night... and I found 2 bottles of rum(still with booze in them though) in all our stuff... I guess I was drinking too much Green Fairy to drink rum....

That one always hits me every year. Takes about a month until I stop smellin camp fires. And I think everyone is finding Pirate's Choice in their bags. Was Don running around in the early morning light filling all our stockings? I found a bottle of Key Lime where my shoes were supposed to be.

[1. Making all the plans for NEXT year before this year is even cleaned up.

on monday night, with only a few remaining campers, i saw a light over at the BIB's camp and went to investigate....

there i found the BIB's sitting around the campfire literally discussing things for next year !!

good commitment on their part !!

Or worse.... Animal and I started talkin' bout th' Buccaneer Camp for next year at the Busty...errrgh buxom Wench contest......

LOL... all that prime grade A being displayed must have sparked it. LOL

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

Or worse.... Animal and I started talkin' bout th' Buccaneer Camp for next year at the Busty...errrgh buxom Wench contest......

First sign you think too much about Pyracy...Starting to plan an all-male buccaneer camp while at a Boxom Wench contest...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

...And I think everyone is finding Pirate's Choice in their bags. Was Don running around in the early morning light filling all our stockings? I found a bottle of Key Lime where my shoes were supposed to be.
I didn't get any ...the ones he brought to the Hide disappeared. ;)

hehe