A somewhat compiled list of sites.

Hawk the QM

Ahoy Mates,

I had a rather rough time hunting down websites to pick up some garb. I would like to write this thread in hopes to help out any other swabbies, like me, gear up for pyratiness. During my search I have come across some really great online vendors (I don't get out much). I shall list the online vendors I have used and will update this thread whenever I come across more.

I tried my very best to order from PEOPLE! not automated super sites. Supporting the craft is as important to me as living it.

Leather Mystics (this link should be working now) was my very first order and they were extremely nice. I even gave crazy measurements (I was drunk at the time) and they chimed me back saying "Either you're drunk or one odd looking pyrate", those are my own words though, but very happy they were committed to excellence. Great people, great leather merch. I picked up a baldric, gloves, belt (the custom pyrate belt YAAAAR!) a shirt and breeches (not their normal gear, but left over cloth merch from their linen days I was told). Based out of Oregon so no sales tax (Yaaaaar! a penny saved is a penny plundered!)

Cpt. Jack's Pirate Hats. (ooooh it rhymes) was my first hat experience. Nothing says pyrate goodness like a quality hat and I spent much time in my hunt for a good'n. A great assortment of spiffy hats with a wide variety of colors and schemes. If you have any custom ideas to a hat he makes, he'd be happy to change it around for you (turns out the way I wanted a Mackay, he already made as a Filibuster). Really nice guy who let me change up my order and he shot an email back in response to questions. Great hats but LOOOOOOONG waiting list. Standard turn around time is about 6-8 weeks, but with great quality comes great patience. I actually JUST spoke with the man himself and he finished the hat early. Yaaaaaaar! absolutely terrific support and a nice guy to boot!

Center Stage Costumes BEYOND sweet/nice. Margaret (the owner) was sooo nice, I bought MORE then what I was originally going to. I was unsure on some patterns and colors but she was more then happy to suggest ideas. By far the sweetest most honest vendor I've come across. Normally, any site with "costume" in the URL makes me stray, but I'm glad I took a look. This garb is beyond costume quality and rather fair prices for any gear that is made for YOU and not just your size. I picked up a pair of breeches, an eye patch (oh yaaa.. I went there) and some knee high stripe socks.

Jas. Townsend and Son, Inc. I love these accessories! Their clothing is geared towards colonial times but a smart pyrate can easily pick and choose. I picked up some old fishing hooks (whats a pyrate without hooks in their hat?) a tin flute (it's lonely somtimes) and a fire starting kit that uses the old flint and steel style (of which came with the instruction DVD about using said items and even how to make charcoal). An automated site (but still a dedicated person) that made my order ship the very next day. Quick, easy and rather affordable.

Kult of Athena. Now this is another (what I call cold) super site that uses drop ship. I didn't actually order from them (my sword was a b-day gift) but from what my mate said, was easy to deal with. I found the site looking for a "Stage Ready" sword and this was the one of the few I could come up with. My apologies to First Mate Matt (a mod for this Pub), I didn't know he existed otherwise I would have ordered one from Baltimore Knife and Sword. Sorry Mate, I'll get one from you next time (great looking quality arms by the way).

Middlesex Village Trading Co. This site offers some great live fire small arms and accessories. I have a Blunderbuss on hold and I spoke with some really great people. Everyone there was a pleasure and very informative. If you have any questions, and I mean any, there's someone there with the answer. Really, really nice and I am still happy to help support them.

Yaaar, well that be it so far. Hope you found it informative and feel free to chime in, make fun of me.. whatever your Pyrate heart desires. Also, I would like to ask any other poster to add sites YOU have actually dealt with. Good or bad. Thanks mates.

Edited by Thequartermaster