Top 10 Signs You've Been to PiP

Misson

10. This forum is the first place you look on the pyracy.com board when checking in - mostly to see what new developments have taken place...for an event that actually ended in early December! :lol:

9. Every morning you awake with sea shanties in your head.

8. You wonder if your spouse's buttons are "period correct."

7. You add variety of fine rums to your stock of liquors.

6. You find yourself calling people "mate" at work.

5. You feel naked without a hat...

4. Or at least a bandanna!

3. You occasionally slip into a really bad old english accent.

2. You set your alarm to go off 5 minutes in the morning so you can bandage your feet. ("My feeeeet!")

1. Someone who heard you were playing pirate recently asks you, "Have you seen the new pirate movie?" and you wonder if that's grounds for justifiable homicide.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

10. Your first thought on waking in the morning is "I wonder what's going on today besides the battle. Is that at 2 or 2:30?"

9. You will walk 10 feet out of your way to avoid a rock laying on the ground.

8. Street clothes still don't "feel" quite right.

7. You have already put in for next year's vacation time.

6. You find yourself occasionally doing math problems involving gas prices and plane ticket prices divided by the number of pyrates plus the tonnage of swag you can haul.

5. You have an inexplicable desire to kill a chicken.

4. You miss the smell of gunpowder.

3. You find yourself reasoning that you could, in fact, wear your Sarah Juniper shoes to work. That would make them a reasonable purchase, right?

2. You just tied your necktie with a square knot. Again.

1. Someone who heard you were playing pirate recently asks you, "Have you seen the new pirate movie?" and your first thought is that Jack has finally finished his editing.

But truly the #1 sign is as Mission has stated: “This forum is the first place you look on the pyracy.com board when checking in - mostly to see what new developments have taken place...for an event that actually ended in early December!" which I might amend to say "for an event that actually won't happen until next December!"

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

10. yer feet hurt

9. yer feet hurt

8. yer feet hurt

7. yer feet hurt

6. yer feet hurt

5. yer feet hurt

4.. oi, ye get the picture....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

"It's rated..." *bang*

"Oh, sorry. These blackpowder guns..." *shrug*

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

10. You are thereafter a bonafide cripple.

9. Biscuits not cooked on a sword seem second rate.

8. Your day is not complete unless you've seen a man in a dress.

7. You forget to shower for days on end without a care.

6. You've pondered the idea of using electricity only for internet access, so you can burn a candle or two.

5. You have this persistant, nagging feeling that you're late to a safety meeting all day long.

4. You put rocks in your bed to make it more comfortable.

3. You find your medical practitioner at home less interesting, because he never threatens to give you mercury poisoning.

2. You stand in the shower fully clothed to eat your oatmeal.

1. You were using the phrase "Next year at PIP..." only ten minutes into this year's PIP, and have used it ever after.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

10. You walk up to the checkout line and wonder what the clerk will take in trade for a dozen eggs and a loaf of bread.

9. You use 'Aye' instead of 'Yes', but more importantly, you don't care that people find it odd.

8. You have to walk around your house at least five times on your way to the privy, because it seems too close otherwise.

7. You actually say 'privy'.

6. Rather than preparing for Christmas, you are getting ready for PIP in 2008 and Christmas be damned.

5. Despite your open disregard for Christmas, you've mentioned that you've placed a Queen Anne pistol on your wish list.

4. You are openly disgusted by the fact that your mother has no idea what a Queen Anne pistol is and you give her no less than seven links online where she can buy one.

3. While still openly disregarding Christmas on some levels, you consider hiring Cascabel to play Santa at your company Christmas party along with any number of pirates to be elves.

2. You have to explain to your boss that Cascabel is just a persona name taken from the portion of a muzzle loading cannon consisting of the knob, the neck, the filet (if present), and the base of the breech, not the small, round, hot chilli pepper that is prized for the hot, burning sensation that it produces in the mouth when consumed.

1. Then you have to explain what a persona is, which draws a small crowd and leads to an explanation of re-enacting, which leads to pictures, which leads to getting people registered on the pub, which leads to recruiting ten more people for PIP next year, which leads to world domination and so forth...

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

4. You are openly disgusted by the fact that your mother has no idea what a Queen Anne pistol is and you give her no less than seven links online where she can buy one.

Your mom needs to chat with mine... mine knows....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tomorrow night?

Substitute "medical scarificator" in for "Queen Anne pistol" on WRW List #4 and we're talking about the same thing. :lol:

:lol:

William, while I am Particularly fond of your #5. You have this persistant, nagging feeling that you're late to a safety meeting all day long., I think the most appropiate for myself is 6. Rather than preparing for Christmas, you are getting ready for PIP in 2008 and Christmas be damned. Luckily, I already have my Queen Anne's, presents due to PiP 2006 and Cascabel's fine advice. :lol:

I have done no Christmas shopping, the only decoration is a QVC evergreen wreath I received due to a shipping error (which they let me keep), and I have a dinner party on Saturday ~ yet, here I sit, planning and dreaming.

My top 10

10. Repeat #9. Really rub it in.

9. You keep telling your mates what a fantastic time they missed.

8. Sand and coral is still trickling out of your chemise.

7. You keep thinking you need to get new heels on your shoes (Gosh, that coral was rough!)

6. The sewing list grows to include extra sets of chemise and stockings.

5. Photos from PiP take precedence over holiday photo-cards from friends and family.

4. You scratch randomly at bites that are no longer there.

3. Shorting power stations (due to the ice storm) remind Your Spouse of Cannon Fire!

2. Your internal clock is still insisting you stay up til 3am.

1. You check the PiP Countdown, and fret about how much there is to do!

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Here's mine.

#10. When you only respond to your pirate name.

#9. When you can feel the smallest pebble through your thickest soled shoes. (quote: MY FEEEEETT)

#8. When every orange light you see in the dark you think it's a fire or lantern.

#7. You start learning old sailor songs by heart. (Can be just the music).

And you start singing them all the time.

#6. You know every pirate joke known to man!

#5. When improper english becomes normal.

#4. "Arr" still rings in your head at night.

#3. Seeing a man in a dress isn't that weird.

#2. When you go to cook biscuits you look for yer sword.

#1. You can't go to sleep at night unless you can hear the ocean.

115DSCF05041-Copy.jpg

8. Sand and coral is still trickling out of your chemise.

Don't know bout that one...... Guess we'll have ter ask Mad Dog....... :angry:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Mr. Hand, ye just made my day!!! :huh::huh::huh:

Crewe of the Archangel

Ye mean the toilets flushing.... who said that? Greg Hudson??

Crewe of the Archangel

*Sigh* Truth be told, there's not very many place in Key West where this is still true. We had a great location for the camp.

10....yer still looking for the latrine ghost......(yellowfever...yellow fever)

9......yer still finding coral and sand in yer chamise...( yeah patrick...me too!)

8......you find yerself getting durty looks from the wife when she sees the hammock you just nailed to the wall over the bed.....

7.....you reach for the mask and snorkel everytime you head for the shower

6.....your still trying to convince the wife that a fiddle Can be used as a article of clothing

5.....you find that yer wife has hid yer fiddle

4.....while walking thru the grocery store...yer still trying to hand out beads...and yelling "ya gotta EARN em' baby!!!!!"

3....yer wife has caught ya emptying all her flower pots on the living room floor....mumbling ...if that F----- B------ can play these...so can I!?!?!

2.....you ask the wife to "flush the toliet" over and over....so you can fall asleep

1....yer wife finds a picture of you in a dress on the internet....and you just look at her, shrug yer shoulders and say...."WHAT??!!?"

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Hee hee I would suspect yer wife never has a dull day Mr D :ph34r:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

:ph34r::ph34r: I suspect Mr. D's wife is either very tolerant, or is going to end up in a mental institution.

BTW, #2 be my favorite! :ph34r:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

2.....you ask the wife to "flush the toliet" over and over....so you can fall asleep

I don't have a wife (probably a good thing...)....

an' I gots ter work on my list....

But..... sleepin' in a hammoc, an' hearin' th' sound O' th' waves... is going ter be up at the top of it.........

Well I know one thing for sure... all this talk about feet hurtin from the rocks and coral means nobody who was there is from here! If there was a market fer sharp shards of chert and quartz type rock, I'd be a gazillionaire!

When I finally do get down there at least I will have been "in training" for the terrain! The Ozarks is rocky hilly ground and I'm all over it everyday. We have to "weed out" the rocks every year before we start mowing in the spring because the buggars grow thru the winter months!

Bo

It's not that the coral is sharp (well unless yer barefooted.....) it's just that it's everywhere....... Ya put yer foot down.... and step on a round chunk of coral... and it slips..... so ye gots ter watch yer footing..... kinda catches you in the calfs.... walkin that way..... dang by the end of the weekend... we were all walking like a bunch of old men......