Mercury Flag

William Brand

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well on the off chance you're searching for feedback...

I like the ones with the jaw better than no jaw. And the red hourglass one is a little too "I'm a black clad, pierced, depressed goth-look at my new tattoo!" for my taste. :)

well on the off chance you're searching for feedback...

I like the ones with the jaw better than no jaw. And the red hourglass one is a little too "I'm a black clad, pierced, depressed goth-look at my new tattoo!" for my taste. :)

Ayyye. That's true.

Sans symbol.

VERSION 3

MercuryHourGlass2.jpg

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Right, then. Let the discussion begin. Wings were used. But usually in conjunction with the hourglass, to symbolize that time was fleeting. The flags that I am familiar with have a message, tell a story. What is it that you are trying to say with the winged skull?

Hmm…that sounds a little harsh. I guess I’m trying to say “tell me a story” or “what’s the message?”

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Mind you I like bold simplicity in a flag. Identifiable from a distance. So, for me, small symbols make little sense. If we use the Murcury symbol, make it a large element, as opposed to an element on another element.

3ff66f1f.jpg

Aye, death coming swiftly, I like that. I would suggest Mercury's winged foot, but then we would have to change the name of the boat to "Goodyear."

3ff66f1f.jpg

Right. "Stop or we'll cure ye!" No.

How about the last one, add a jaw, the year above and an hourglass in the trailing edge lower corner.

Yes I know it's not symetrical. Look at the US flag.

3ff66f1f.jpg

"Stop, or we'll cure ya!"

That could be a threat, being the Mercury....

:o:o:o:o

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

How about:

In reference to the above flags...

Winged skull in the middle, hourglass in one lower corner and the mercury symbol in the upper or lower opposite side corner...

Or

Mercury symbol above the hour glass....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I like it. Most of it. I like wings, can we simplify them a bit more.

I'm thinking that cutting and sewing those things could take some time. Would that much time be devoted to the flag?.

I don't like the date on the flag.

Hour glass ...perhaps ...let em think on this.

What about a red background, a deep crimson? ...yes I know ...humor me.