The Phone-a-Pirate Program

William Brand

We should start something really fun and bizarre called the Phone-a-Pirate Program, where we randomly pass out our phone numbers to pirates that we have always wanted to talk to and call them.

Here are the rules.

Give out your phone number.

Get or make a call to a pirate you have never spoken with.

Carry on a conversation no less than one minute and no more than three.

Tell us all about it.

Yes, as I told Dorian earlier this evening in chat, I have eaten the lion's share of cheap, oreo cookie knockoffs and I haven't had enough sleep. I shouldn't even be allowed on here in this condition.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

::feels William's forhead:: Calls Maeve....

Puts the phone down and starts chuckling heh heh....

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

:lol: this is a very strange idea but I kind of like it.

The part about finding someone phone number in the real world though, sounds more like Pirate Prank Calls to me. What would a pirate prank call be?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Mr. Red Wake, pirate phone stalker :blink:

I can find my own number in 3 words on Google. Geeze, so much for internet privacy :blink:

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

I just got off the phone with Red Cat Jenny who was taking her break at JFK Airport in the Traffic Control Tower. She likes to take her breaks 318 feet above the "rabble" as she put it. I forgot what she said about the weather there, but she did mention a lovely view of the old TWA terminal. She is working Terminal 4 Ramp Traffic this evening. She says the word "Coffee" like you would expect Mike Myers to say it on Coffee Talk and she has the kind of infectious laugh you could listen to all day long.

We broke the rules and spoke for almost 3 and a half minutes.

Red Cat Jenny. check.

That's one down.

William you are miles ahead.. Thanks for the call :blink:

An experience I shall not forget.. at 1AM. in the snow..with airplanes... :blink:

Sounds like the William to Red Cat call was fruitful. Twas an unusual idea sir, but it sounds like it paid off in spades.

I've only conversed with one fellow pirate so far (via phone). Who knows what the future will hold... :blink::blink:

ADDED - I forgot...I've talked to two folks:

Misson

Hurricane

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

I just surprised Mister Lasseter at the Carnegie Science Center. It went something like this...

"Tate!"

"Mister Lasseter!"

"Wait a minute, you're not Tate..."

And so forth.

Mister Lasseter was expecting a call from Tate regarding a robot in Florida called the Cobra 550. Evidently it is an unsupported device that is giving them some problems. He's expecting a call from this guy Tate to discuss the problem, and he had some unfavorable things to say about the staff in Florida.

We also discussed the average temperature in his office, which is located too close the the server room, and because the server room must be kept at a balmy 60 degrees, his office is never very warm.

Part of our conversation was interrupted while I chased Liam around the house. He was literally "Running with scissors".

We stuck to the strick 3 minute rule and I cleared the line so Tate can call.

Mister Lasseter. Check.

Harry

Silkie

Red Cat Jenny

Dorian Lasseter

Mr. Brand,

Your gleeful abandon is to be praised!

Huzzah!

Welcome to insomniacs anonymous..where you're too tired to pronounce that and it comes out brglmphsjdodwjs!

There is..no hope for us.

I've only conversed with one fellow pirate so far (via phone).  Who knows what the future will hold...  :lol:     ;)

ADDED - I forgot...I've talked to two folks:

Misson

Hurricane

Uh huh. Unless someone who personally has it gives out my phone number, no one will find my direct #, however. (That's on purpose. :) I hate giving my phone number out as a general rule.)

(You and Duchess are the only two pyrates that I can think of who have it for certain (please don't give it out) - maybe Hurricane does - I don't recall. Possibly Ed Foxe and Blackjohn, but I don't think so.)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Mine is easy enough to find, not that I ever answer the phone. C'mon, we all know phones lines are meant for one thing, to allow us access to the net where we type messages to each other behind that veil of semi-anonymity.

:lol:

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I just spoke with "Big Norm" He has never posted but he is a member. The conversation went something like this.

"I won't be able to come visit you and Katie tomorrow"

"Why"

"I have another doctors appointment. they want to do another scn on that growth to see if it has grown any"

From there it deteriorated into health talk and some I miss you's etc.

Big Norm

William Red Wake

Callanish Gunner

Mad Matt

Blackfoot

CURSES! I just got Jim and Patti's answering machine.

Blackjohn didn't answer either. Blast.

Ha ha, missed me! I'm at work. Wait a minute...dammit, I'm at work!!

@#$%&*!!!

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Uh huh. Unless someone who personally has it gives out my phone number, no one will find my direct #, however. (That's on purpose. :) I hate giving my phone number out as a general rule.)

(You and Duchess are the only two pyrates that I can think of who have it for certain (please don't give it out) - maybe Hurricane does - I don't recall. Possibly Ed Foxe and Blackjohn, but I don't think so.)

I'm in the same boat sir. I don't think my number's been listed for a few years. I'd be surprised if someone were to track me down. :lol:

And your number's still kept secret by yours truly. If anyone wanted yer number, they'd have to ask you for it. Thas' my rule. :)

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...