The Phone-a-Pirate Program

William Brand

Well, I will take it good humor as long as it doesn't happen again. :blink: Actually a number of people at work, after they heard not only what happened but heard the call itself... rolled their eyes laughing at the situation, with the it could only happen to you look.... (You would have to know the entire story of what is happening in my life at the moment...but I don't have the time to explain...sigh)

Anywho... B)

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Standing at the train station today it occurred to me I still hadn't particpated in the most recent incarnation of William's. That which had granted me the honor of being the flagship call.

Sooooooooooo..I reached into one of the many pockets of my big blue work parka and took out the cell phone...

time enough to dial before the train drowned me out and he or Tracy would think it a prank call.

Dang....got the machine..short, polite to the point. Yes that is you Mr. Pace...

No one for the list yet. But I'm off tomorrow...hmmmmm just wait... :ph34r:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Well I just got off the phone with the infamous Blackjohn, latest interest of the Undead Pirates of Dreamland...(But that's another story)

Well he Triple Dog dared me via email. How could one resist that?

He was at work in his gov't cubicle at NOAA. Making the best of bland administrative decor and wilted plants aww.

As we spoke, he snacked on Ghiardelli dark chocolate all alone in his office

...decadent Mr. Maceck..no wonder you're a pirate...

We discussed the Concorde, Phone demons, freezing in the inaugural parade and rafting on a wayward piece of his neighbors dock which ended him up in the drink. :lol:

His desk contains a scanner which he has yet to figure out and a book on Shipwrecks of the Virgin islands he procured at a bargain from some guy named Doug.

He was additionally "agog" at the frivolity of a certain anniversary seal and it's placement on charts.

Blackjohn also has a dog named Duncan who seems to have as much energy as he does.

A most pleasurable conversation..I quite enjoyed the ramble and I'm sure it won't be the last. We gluttonously overshot the 3 minute rule.

Darn, I forgot to wish him happy Valentines Day..

Blackjohn...that's one. :lol:

William you are miles ahead.. Thanks for the call :lol:

An experience I shall not forget.. at 1AM. in the snow..with airplanes... :lol:

So did it add to the stress of your job or relinguish it a bit :D

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Brilliant idea William, as always... nice to be making this great big world a little smaller and much friendlier! :lol::lol::D

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

William you are miles ahead.. Thanks for the call :lol:

An experience I shall not forget.. at 1AM. in the snow..with airplanes... :lol:

So did it add to the stress of your job or relinguish it a bit ;)

Stress? You mean moving a few million pounds of Aircraft, fuel and people during the "push" in thunderstorms in July? or in this case snow?

His call was a delight..imagine..lil ole me ..in the big pez in the middle of the night...being called by a pirate.... :D

Stress? You mean moving a few million pounds of Aircraft, fuel and people during the "push" in thunderstorms in July? or in this case snow?

His call was a delight..imagine..lil ole me ..in the big pez in the middle of the night...being called by a pirate.... :lol:

God woman I admire you! and I'm sure the phone call was worth every minute of it! :) :lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

Mr. Lasseter.

Voicemail...foiled! Bah!

Left him a message

Just you wait Mr. Lassseter... just you wait..

Blackjohn

Dorian Lasseter (pending)

Update...Mr. Jim Hawkins has just :lol: quadruple dog dared me :lol:

hmm

HAH!

I just had a pleasant conversation with Jim Hawkins

Called his work phone instead of his cell..surprised him! whee!

He was also at work at NOAA all the way on another side of the same floor as Blackjohn. So I guess paper airplanes are out eh guys?

How about paper canonballs at 10 paces? Hmmm. Pictures Blackjohn and Jim strategically hunting each other amidst cubicles, maps, chocolate and pencils..

Anyway Jim was busy working on "layers" on digital maps..all very fascinating even though he says it can be mundane.. I wonder.. or is he keeping the fun a secret so he can have all of it?

He likes cheeseburgers and is unlucky at gambling...

no wonder he's persued by the ladies...

When he gets home the poor lad has to shovel like the rest of us..

We talked about submarines

We compared casions

We conversed briefly on SCA

We discussed how "over that way" doesn't translate well on the phone lol

Jim talks a little like he chats "nod" "nod" it's a charming affectation..if you've chatted with him in his little snow world.

Oh and he shares my zeal for unique wind up toys. I am jealous Mr. Hawkins..I don't own a godzilla yet..

Well..it's been a fortuitous afternoon..

Blackjohn

Dorian Lasseter (pending)

Jim Hawkins

I could get addicted to this...

Called Dorian Lasseter from work...

He answered this time whooo!

Seems he returned to work today like many after this weather.

But I was so busy... and it was so noisy..poor man had to listen to me babble to aircraft..

We settled on a do over mebbe tomorrow

But at least he answered... B)

Blackjohn

Dorian Lasseter (do over)

Jim Hawkins

hmmmmmmm

Aye... a goode phone-a-pirate day...

BlackJohn answered his line at work... We talked away his lunchbreak I think... If so, My apologies, but it was a grande conversation...

Oh, three minutes? more like three quarters of an hour...

Rules? What rules?

We talked about too many things... Work, reenactment, moving to MD (me that is), being in movies, or lack there of (I'm envious, and still kick myself for not signing on for Last of the Mohicans...), and so many things inbetween... Like FireFly!

And as we were finishing up our conversation, I got another call...

The do-over is done!

Aye, RedCat Jenny called me. I actually missed her call, so I returned the call.

Another varied, grande conversation, this time, instead of control tower babel in the background, the occasional yell of the train operator shouting out the next stop was heard as she was on her way to work, and to get her car out of the shop...

What did we talk about? Work, reenactment, historical sights, transportation, vehicles in the shop, my 'adventures in Queens, NY' while on a work trip there, unmarked colonial forts and embattlements in NY and PA, Legionville the birthplace of the American Army that no one seems to care about, etc, etc...

My ear's warm... B)

So... lets see...

William RedWake

Maeve

Jim Hawkins

RedCat Jenny

BlackJohn

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I had some time on the train, so I pulled out my non period cell phone and dialed Dorian Lasseter. Got his VM and he returned the call!

The Quartermaster of the Watch Dog was at his desk enjoying an easy Friday ~ Goode for you Mr. L..

His desk contains pictures of ships, an empty Drambuie bottle (You Irish Pirate you..)

and a mini robot aww.

Our conversation rambled through his company's travelling exhibit which is currently in Florida, the magic of parking cars on tiny real estate in Queens, exhibit halls in Texas and Greenwich and the perils of drilling holes in peoples carpet to secure heavy technology.

As we talked he was perusing his files and looking up forts on Google maps. This to support the mini history lesson I quite enjoyed on existing fortifications and locations of others past in NY and CT. I also learned the site of the first military training base in the US (located in his neck of the woods) is in peril of being turned into a car lot. We both expressed our dissapointment at that one. Perhaps there's still hope.

Chatting a bit more, we covered crazy cab drivers, the hall of Science, the less than comfortable temperature in his office and the pitfalls of unpaid software support.

Naturally a few laughs were exchanged. Dorian sounds like he looks, although he says despite growing up there, he lacks a Pittsburgh accent. I couldn't tell, but I'll take his non accented word for it.

As I walked perilously close to the edge of the tracks on the way up the platorm (Eh..New Yorker) I considered all things Lasseter..

Aye, a pleasant conversation indeed. Erm..well over 3 minutes

My thoughts were interrupted by the -3 windchill on the escalator to the station. Thankfully the conversation was warm.

BlackJohn

Jim Hawkins

Dorian Lasseter - no longer pending

Hmmm..

• 3 weeks later...

Time to consider another victim...er call....

Hmm.. well the winds of fortune brought me some information and I

found myself in posession of a small virtual chest.. opening it I retrieved a number.

Time again for the non period phone.. this time a land line.

I dialed...anticipating a most welcome and unexpected surprise..

JAcky Tar answered. OMG..Wow.

He was quite pleasant and fascinated with my "King of Queens" accent. Which he said got thicker the more I spoke.

He was surprised at how quiet it was in the tower (but it was late) not the din poor Mr. Lasseter had to endure..

He lacks the typical California accent, but has an enthusiastic and friendly tone to his voice. Someone who would be pleasant to listen to as he told you stories on a long car trip, or over drinks in a pub.

The Captain of the Relentless was working late rescuing a Catholic school

from certain peril at the hands (or innards) of Macintosh printers.

His car makes a little 'dingy' sound when the door opens.

I couldn't make out what was on the radio before he turned it down, but knowing JAcky, I'm sure it was cool. :huh:

Between the very late hour and his cell phone battery, we only chatted a moment...

Very pleasant Mr. Tar.. we'll speak again and I'll edit this post..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aye another clue came on th wind and I was shortly contacted by none other...

Seems JAcky Tar was strolling around Trader Joes in the manner of a walkin pirate ouija board.. tryin t' determine wot th Red CAt may buy..

"Honored Mr. TAr" :huh: Truly

mmm artichokes, Indian rice, Frozen Key Lime pie ..an a CAt staple...shrimp cocktail!

As he worked on PC's for an insurance company, he discussed Microsoft.. using such widely ranging adjectives as "infinate wisdom" and "gaping holes" :huh:

Before we hung up, (all too soon) we rambled further on

The science of sandals

His kids

Phone incoherence

Keeping the CAt from hiding under the porch

what day it might be..

Ransom, Chole , Silkie and

the phantom post that I still cannot figure out....

Again more than pleasant. He had me giggling just as he does online..

Aye ye makes th CAt smile..

Too short JAcky pirate..we must speak next on my day off..

BlackJohn

Jim Hawkins

Dorian Lasseter

JAcky Tar - most unexpected

hmmm this is getting goode.... :lol:

Spoke wit' Ransom. Hope I didn't bend her ear too long.

No Ransom yer voice is not deep. Very pleasant talk, she seems a bit shy, but it is easy t' make her laugh.

I was drivin' fer much o' the conversation, I worried 'bout losin' her call, an she had t' listen t' the background road noise.

We spoke 'bout other pirates o' course. Talked 'bout weather, garb, an where TPHSB is goin' (Why is it taken us so bloody long t' get t' Cuba?)

Well, we both burned some minutes on this one. Well worth it!

Spoke with...Jacky Tar.

Could tell right away he was in his car. Lots of whoshing sounds. Because of the little hills around where he lives that block reception, we were always asking "Are you still there?"

Talked about the Pub, pirate garb - or lack there of, favorite constellation, my Dairy Wife boots, how people look or sound different than what you might think (he pretty much sounded like I thought he would - nice voice, very friendly). We laughed a lot, and promised to talk again.

Truely, a very well spent half hour! :D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Spoke with Jacky Tar and edited above - Wheee!

Spoke wit' CrazyCholeBlack, she called me first (How'd she get me number? CAt...) I left her a message, an caught her near the phone the second time I tried t' reach her.

She lives in Wisconsin, but has no accent (blames that on bein' raised in Chicago, don't cha know). She has phone presence, almost like a personal assistant. She couldn't pass fer a hippie over the phone, if she tried. The woman uses no conversational slang, that I could detect.

She sounded upbeat an very friendly. She laughs easily, an is happy t' chat 'bout the little swab (her daughter; who sounds like a mini-Chole). Ye get the impression that Chole is the best multi-tasker ye'll ever meet.

I was headin' in t' see a client or I would hav talked wit' her much longer; I hope t' chat again wit' her.

Yep, it's true. Made my debut into the phone a pirate program by chatting with Mr. Tar this afternoon. Sorry to disappoint in the accent department. Next time we'll have to talk about "parkin da car in da garach next ta the bubbler soz we can go see da bears play da pack up in mwakee" :)

Mr. Tar informs me that when you hit 30 you alter the old adage of "don't trust anyone over 30" to be 40, or 50 or 60 etc. Thankfully I still have 9 months before I'll have to do that.

And just to clarify, to whom ever passed along Mr. Tar's number :o , I swear, cross my heart, that I didn't tattle. Of course he's pretty quick with the process of elimination.

I'm looking forward to making more calls now!

:o:o

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

(How'd she get me number? CAt...)

Heehee JAcky will never know...heehee I'll just hide right here *giggle* shhhhhhhhhhh :o

hiding.jpg

ohh & I already get to add to my talked too list.

I got a nice call from Mad Matt yesterday. Sadly we didn't get to chat long as the little swab and I were knee deep in piratey crafts at sock monkey fest. He had the extra time since the class he was teaching wasn't until next Saturday.

Hopefully we'll get more time to chat later!

Humm, Who's next :)

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

I had a very nice conversation with Kass this evening. Of course, we did talk some business, as I was buying patterns. Five patterns to be exact. You can't buy just one.

We both agreed that this was a great hobby, because even if you won the lottery, you would just keep on doing this same old hobby. Just on a bigger scale.

Kass wants an island, but who doesn't?

Kass. Check.

Harry

Silkie

Red Cat Jenny

Dorian Lasseter

Siren, Captain of the Poseidon

Red-Handed Jill

Maeve

Jim Hawkins

Kass

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

chatted with Kass today. We talked about dogs, 15th century cooks, tea kettles, printers, prick stitching, sewing in general, age, kids, events, vacations, beer, Oi the list goes on! Needless to say we went way over the time "limit". I think I even managed to buy a pattern & some fun stuff in all that too :ph34r:

Managed a longer conversation with MadMatt on Friday. We talked about wild west re-enactors, cops, music, the little swab, hair cuts, geeze plenty of other stuff too. If my phone hadn't gone dead it would have been even longer. Don't worry though, won't be the last time we chat sweets!

so...

Mr. Tar

MadMatt

Kass

I've got a few others on my list just waiting for the right opportunity. Keep your ears open for the ringing :)

Ransom, check.

Couldn't help but make a "phone a pirate" call while at the ship themed playground with the little swab today.

Again ran over the time limit. Lets see, chickens, farms, the Port Royal story, age, going to events, people from the pub, ones we'd like to meet in person, film, writing, the pirate plunder program, Mr. Hand's amazing ability to make *stuff*, art, gross cement ponds, etc.

Was great to talk to you Ransom. You sounded exactly like I expected. Now I can hear you when I read your posts even :lol:

The list grows, wonder who's next.....

• 3 weeks later...

Ol Man From the Sea. Check.

We spoke on all subjects concerning Pirates in Paradise and it was a good long conversation. We discussed the good and bad things about an ever evolving festival and what we could do as individuals and as a group to make the event even better. It was an excellent conversation and I'm looking forward to PIP even more.

Harry

Silkie

Red Cat Jenny

Dorian Lasseter

Siren, Captain of the Poseidon

Red-Handed Jill

Maeve

Jim Hawkins

Kass

Ol Man From the Sea

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg