The Phone-a-Pirate Program

William Brand

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;)

I was just telling Jim Hawk(in)s this has to be one of the most bizarre threads I have seen on a forum... you zany pyrates you!!!

:lol:

Yes, I believe that the good Captain Brand may have stepped off the deep end of the quay. I guess you just have to watch those creative types.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Spoke to Siren. She is still not well but closer to getting the surgery. It was super to get to talk to her finally!

William, this is a wonderful idea! All these people I keep putting off contacting.

Siren

Big Norm

William Red Wake

Callanish Gunner

Mad Matt

Blackfoot

Hmm I have talked to MerryDeath, and Lady Barbossa. *And Silkie and William called me!* How fun it was to finally hear the people you chatto all the time..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

I just got off the phone with Siren, Captain of the Poseidon.

We talked about the cold weather, a common theme in many of these three minute conversations. Siren said she wants to go to the Caribbean, but knowing her luck it would rain. She told me about her daughter coating the dog, A Mexican hairless breed, with Desitin Diaper creme. We went over the three minutes by a whole 50 seconds, but to be fair, we were discussing the Watch Dog as well, and we had a lot to say very fast.

Meanwhile, Liam spread wet wipes all over my office.

Captain Siren of the Poseidon. Check.

Harry.

Silkie

Red Cat Jenny

Dorian Lasseter

Captain Siren of the Poseidon

With messages left for Captain Jim, Blackjohn and Red-Handed Jill.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Just got off the phone with Patrick Hand.

Talked about sewing, garb, PiP, messy offices, productivity, RPG's, the Pub and how great it was that William started this because we hadn't chatted since PiP.

Patrick Hand

Siren

Big Norm

William Red Wake

Callanish Gunner

Mad Matt

Blackfoot

I have Dorians number but I will wait until tomorrow to call ...he is at work. Wouldn't want him to get fired. :)

dorian just called me back.

We talked about the Sarcos Robotics Company, Jeeps, Kids, co-workers and cell phones.

Then Red-Handed jill called me back. I was on the phone only 30 seconds with her and Silkie called. Then my wife called. We had a conference call with four pirates in three different time zones. East Coast, Rockies, West Coast.

We talked about everything.

Red-Handed Jill. check.

Maeve. check.

Harry

Silkie

Red Cat Jenny

Dorian Lasseter

Siren, Captain of the Poseidon

Red-Handed Jill

Maeve

Have you picked up those Altoids yet? :lol:

Let's see... sailing, parades, Joe-Joe's cookies, Altoids, Altoids sours, old jobs, burning out on old jobs, wacky working hours, bank hours, weapons classes, pirate groups, names, getting sick over the holidays, the very energetic Liam - did I miss anything?

RHJMap.jpg

We had a conference call with four pirates in three different time zones.  East Coast, Rockies, West Coast.

We talked about everything.

Red-Handed Jill

Maeve

Patrick Hand

Siren

Big Norm

William Red Wake

Callanish Gunner

Mad Matt

Blackfoot

Blackjohn didn't answer either.  Blast.

You didn't sound as red as I expected...

:o

ps - anyone calls me during dinner, or when I'm trying to get the kids to sleep, or myself to sleep, well... I gotta blunderbuss...

now during office hours... contact me at... what the hell is that number again...??? I'll have to check!

:lol:

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Jim Hawkins. Check.

We went from chat to phone and back again. Ain't technology grand?

We talked about the recent dinner he attended near the University of Maryland at the 1700s tavern there. Jim is dogsitting a "squeaky" dog. We also spoke about Baconfest and this crazy Phone-a-Pirate thing.

The list grows.

Ok, I have lived in LA for about 6 1/2 years now. I have enjoyed my peace and quiet and only talk to those whom I want to talk to...including through those same years...3 or 4 from the pub HOWEVER....

NOW, TODAY for the first time...at approx 11:am someone dud ...male...leaves a heavy breathing...evil wicked laughing message on m'answering machine....

tapping foot...sharpening blades...ummm

Tell me tis JUST a coincidence and not related to this thread...

:ph34r:

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Lady Seahawke,

I honestly wish that I could say that it was just a coincidence that someone left you that message, but it might not be. In fact, it might very well be the reason he called you. I don't know. There are jerks in this world sophomoric enough to take something as simple and harmless as an idea and turn it into something ugly. There is no excuse for the person who called and left you that message. I would like to hope it wasn't because of this thread, but to be perfectly honest, I could never be sure.

My apologies if I inadvertently gave someone the idea that they should be so rude to you.

The thread was meant to convey an attitude of harmless fun. I had very simple and delightful conversations myself with everyone I spoke to. The conference call with Maeve, Silkie and Red-Handed Jill was a great deal of fun. I am enjoying the spontaneous introduction to so many of my pirate associates.

Also, the thread is not meant to be mutually exclusive. I understand that their may be hearing impaired pirates on the Pub. There may be people who don't want to be called.

If any of you wish to continue meeting your fellow pirates by phoning them to say hello, then please use utmost care and courtesy when calling. Thank you.

Blast....

BlackJohn didn't answer his phone when I called... Well, he did say he doesn't answer it often...

And Jim Hawkins.... strike two for me on this day...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

AH ha...

Mister Hawkins was easier to reach at home....

Found out his work number, I had the wrong extension!

A nice chat about his coworker (BlackJohn is a morning person!), reenacting different time periods, Dog sitting, and more....

Well worth the (Ooops!) 8 minutes on the phone.

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org