ROYALISTE IS UNDERWATER

Iron Bess

Hows this for an idea? Since prior the Royaliste was used by the Canadian War Museum, the Discovery Channel and the History Channel, has anyone thought of contacting them for a wee bit of assistance?

Personal funds are only going to carry so much and only for so long. The benefit concerts well... may not come fast enough, and it sounds like they need a bit of corporate assistance. Just an idea.

And everything is expensive in SC. I use to live in Carolina Beach NC (not too far from where they are now). Piracy still exists when it comes to anything dealing with boating especially if there is no other option available. And no it does not surprise me that they were boarded overnight at all considering their location. There are some nice people and civil people in the Carolinas, then there are the others for lack of using profanity here. If it's not tied down, its gone.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update from Poison Quill...

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob and Gary are spending the night outside tonight, within sight of Royaliste.

Last night she was boarded and they can't tell what was taken because there is such a mess below with all the water and muck. Tonight they'll stand watch over her through the night. They are out of the wind at least, under the shelter of a cabin cruiser, but the temp is expected to be 14 degrees there tonight and they have a long, cold night ahead.

Bob said that the problem now is not so much how to get her out as how to pay for it. They were quoted $7500 and don't have it. The fees for the boat that is digging them out were $1200 for today alone.

So HUGE thanks to everyone contributing to her recovery!!

rotten pirates.... :lol:

If the Royaliste is not a hazard to navigation and the crew is making a good-faith effort to raise her then the Coasties would serve the public interest better by lending a hand. If they won’t back off then its time to engage a professional pyrate in the form of an attorney. Anyone here knowledgeable in maritime law?

Coastie, any inside advice to send off to our brethren?

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

good news I'll pass along from PoisonQuill at TalesOfTheSevenSeas. It speaks for itself.

"Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:15 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good news they are making progress.

She is ALMOST UPRIGHT AND FLOATING!!!!

Now they are attempting to turn her and hopefully will pull her forward and safely to a boatyard for haul out and repairs. There is some hull damage but I was having trouble hearing Bob due to high winds. More ASAP. Things are starting to look better for our old girl!

LONG LIVE ROYALISTE!!"

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

Good to hear. The Archangel crewe along with Lady B, are going to take up a collection at RF2... wish us success!!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Aye, she's afloat and under tow but now is when the work will start and we need to help fund the monies to get her back to her beautiful self....

More to come about fundraisers... :P

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Just heard from the Ship...

Royaliste is underway!

She's upright, floating, and bilging!

Vive Royaliste!

I was so thrilled by this news, that I almost cried. I've never met these people or seen the Royaliste, but through the Pub, know all the good things this ship and crew have done for others. I am overjoyed that she is afloat, and although still needing much work, she is safe. God is good! :P

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

more than a few prayers are answered in this but any and all who can contribute in what ever amount please do so ....we have to save this beauty so she can continue pyrating the seas for all of us here at the pub and elsewhere that pyrates gather!!!

:o:o:o:lol::o

i know it can hurt but try to send a month's drinking money!!!!

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:02 pm Post subject:

Tonight the old girl is sleeping safely, docked at a small harbor. She's had some damage, one of her taff rails (railings with fancy turned spindles) are gone, the mizzen boom (boom at the foot of the back sail) snapped and she's taking on a bit of water, but that's certainly to be expected with all the shifting she's been through, poor dear girl! Here bilge pumps are working fine so as she takes on water, she's able to pump it out.

The looters were scavenging on her even in broad daylight! Can you believe it? They were chasing groups of them off that were trying to board her! They got all of her fancy fenders, some of the nicer sheets and an unknown amount of stuff from inside. Some of it was washed downstream as well and its uncertain what may be missing. I'm told all of the antique swords were recovered safely and that none of the cannons were taken.

I told Bob to quote me and say that they are all heroes for rescuing her and that we're all cheering for the job that they've done.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

That's tha Sausilito address and is no longer valid. The sad thing is that just before this I got a postcard from Kathy saying she was going to send me their new address in a couple of weeks. :lol:

Rusty Barrels I'd PM the Royaliste (since it seems Gary has occasional internet access) and ask to whom and where to send a check.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

HUZZAH!

Glad to hear she's out of her entrapment.

As to the bastards who stole items... Well, I'm thinking something rather evil... but... Perhaps if possible - is it possible? - that the Local Authorities can be notified of stolen items?

We won't give up on th' ol' girl!

Vive La Royaliste!!!

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Perhaps alerting the local telly stations and mentioning these thieves might work. Really let them have it publicly - call them the lowest form of life (which they are) and really insult them.

If the pirate gods were smiling, they'd show up at the Royaliste to take offense to being called pond scum and would be met with cutlasses and cannons. Revenge would be sweet.

Okay, so I'm a vindictive pirate - I'll admit it.

RHJMap.jpg