ROYALISTE IS UNDERWATER

Iron Bess

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't describe this feeling that I have been having since I heard about this. I know that I know nothing about underwater salvage, I don't even know how to SUBA, but I still want to grab some line, spades, and what not and go down their and lend a hand. I know that I would not be any help and that troubles me. So here I sit and just read about others in trouble that I can't help again. I am glad that everyone is well. I know that we at the pub will be ready to lend a hand how ever we can. Sailors are family no matter where we are. :P

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

.....A 'Roger that' to what everyone's said.. Thanks to all, keep prayin' or whatever you might do, and needless to say, I've got my hands full, and I'm tearin' the new knee to bloody bits. The pressure on the starboard fuel tank caused the deck fill connection to rupture,so..the entire inside of the ship is also covered in diesel. We keep working and pumping every low tide, and a few of the good old boys here have used their personal boats to blow away the silt, making a 'hole' under her keel on the port side. We hope to rock her up to get the bulwarks and scuppers out of the water. Then we'll pump her out if successful, and hope for the best. As Bullwinkle once said, 'Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat'........

:ph34r:

ROYALISTE We Ain't Givin' up an Inch....

Good to hear! We have every confidence that the battle will be won. Then onto the war.

Thank you for keeping us informed. In some small way we all seem to have a connection to you and yours. "Living the dream" so to speak.

Let us know as soon as the paypl account is ready.

Additionally, if there is an address where goods might be sent provide that. even a list of needed goods and clothing sizes might be helpful.

Thank-you so much mates, the Paypal link is up and functioning.

CLICK HERE TO HELP ROYALISTE

Royaliste has long served the pirate community. Gary and Kathy have been extraordinarily generous with Royaliste for many years. They have made her easily accessible to anyone that expressed a desire to learn the art of sailing a tall ship. Now this beautiful ship needs our help. Please spread the word and share this information with anyone and everyone who can help her.

Thanks a million mates, you guys are rockin' pirates :ph34r:

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

"No doubt about it, 'Rock, I gotta get another hat!".....Back for a change of clothes; we've plowed a hellava trough under the keel,and then......Five more hours until low tide, and we'll try to roll the old girl upright.....Once righted, we'll pump her before the next high tide, and then try to get her off the bar..all the rigging is done; Sam filled in for me(she's becoming a fine rigger, much like her father, my oldest mate.) I have photos, we'll try to get 'em on our website so they can be posted....

:ph34r:

Some help is on the way... via your paypal link.

The Folks at gentlemenoffortune.com send your their prayers and best wishes!

Greg aka GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Here ye!!

For those of you in the SoCal area.... the Pirate folk band, Port of New Providence, is going to put together a FUND RAISING CONCERT to be held in the near future.

We are looking at Venues and dates and when we get more information I will post it here as well as send out emails. We're looking for a space convienent for as many Royalist lovers as we can possibly make it....

In the mean time, send donations to PayPal and then come out and have some fun with us for the best cause I can think of!!

More to come :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Gary,

Do let us know what all you guys need at the current time. I'll try to spread the word around various historical places, too. I know some Rev War folks in SC perhaps they will help.

Clothes, personal items, any assistance of any sort.

I'm rather strapped for cash but hell, I'm not above myself to help someone else out!

If we send you a care package where can we send it to?

~Lady B

:blink:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Understand the salvage laws before engaging any tow company. Hope the savvy in NC have told the owners to avoid SEATOW at all costs. Lyman Louis here in Portlandia submitted a bill for $230,000 to merely tow a safely secured vessel to HIS moorage a year ago after the Port of Portland Fire & Rescue assurred it's safety. Needless to say it is still awaiting trial. Sea Tow Salvage Demand 1/25/06

Obviously the ROYALISTE is not "soft grounded" and the damages will require good insurance. GAWD I hate to think about this happening to such a historical treasure. Though we have not met, we have met in another life. A bit o' swag be on her way via PayPal. :) God speed M8!

Huzzah!! from Portlandia ORygun sez the Pyrate with a tankard in hand.

-- ArrRoger -Captain of the Privateer Jollycraft OnLine@ www.PyratesR.us

cruiser.gif

"No doubt about it, 'Rock, I gotta get another hat!"

Damn. I wish Sherman and Mr Peabody could set the Wayback Machine for a few days ago...

I know you can right her. And everyone here is pulling with you in spirit. I've sent the paypal link to my group and will try rounding up some support! Good luck!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Update from Poison Quill...

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:55 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob and Gary are spending the night outside tonight, within sight of Royaliste.

Last night she was boarded and they can't tell what was taken because there is such a mess below with all the water and muck. Tonight they'll stand watch over her through the night. They are out of the wind at least, under the shelter of a cabin cruiser, but the temp is expected to be 14 degrees there tonight and they have a long, cold night ahead.

Bob said that the problem now is not so much how to get her out as how to pay for it. They were quoted $7500 and don't have it. The fees for the boat that is digging them out were $1200 for today alone.

So HUGE thanks to everyone contributing to her recovery!!

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

sent what i could.... the power company will have to wait until next month for their money ....gary what about kit what can you and the crew use i've got a few seamstresses willing to do a bit of sewing for me ....shirts. slops, etc. or modern mundane stuff as well ..........our prayers are with you ........glad everyones' safe and doing well or as well as can be expected...

now the rest of you scurvvy lot dig deep and help our brothers out!!!!!

Skip Henderson and the Starboard Watch, along with the Bloody Scupper Plunder Club and and any other pirate bands we can press into service will be doing a benefit concert for Royaliste. Also, we just heard that Richard Becker, pirate artist extraordinare has just offered to design the poster, sign an original and auction it off. (Take a look at the POTC extra's DVD - when they are talking about the inspiration for the look of the film, be sure to notice the pictures and sketches on the bulletin board behind them - the artwork is Richard Becker's.)

RHJMap.jpg

Update from Poison Quill...

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:55 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob and Gary are spending the night outside tonight, within sight of Royaliste.

Last night she was boarded and they can't tell what was taken because there is such a mess below with all the water and muck. Tonight they'll stand watch over her through the night. They are out of the wind at least, under the shelter of a cabin cruiser, but the temp is expected to be 14 degrees there tonight and they have a long, cold night ahead.

Bob said that the problem now is not so much how to get her out as how to pay for it. They were quoted $7500 and don't have it. The fees for the boat that is digging them out were $1200 for today alone.

So HUGE thanks to everyone contributing to her recovery!!

That someone would board her and steal from someone already obviously in trouble, is just ...SICK! They aught to be shot! Then drawn and quartered!

I still pray that time and tide will allow the boat to be saved.

Will donate what I can through the PayPal site.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Claire (Poison Quill) received a lovely thank you note from Kathy. Thanks to everyone who has donated to the cause!

Wow, I am in shock. I just checked the Paypal account and was astounded to learn that people have donated more than $2000!!! I can't begin to tell you how much this means to us. Today John told me that he needed $1200 to obtain a second boat with two pumps in order to stay on top of the incoming water. I withdrew money from our personal account for this and began to worry how we were going to pull this off, as funds are getting low. I want to let people know how very, very much it means to us to know that we have help from the great piratical online community to get the old girl afloat and sailing again. It's hard for me to ask for help, so I am especially grateful to you for setting this up without being asked. We are very touched.

Hopefully by morning we'll have some forward progress to report regarding the recovery process.

Love,

Kathy

RHJMap.jpg