What kind of weather are you having?

Silent

Past couple of days, we've had some really wonky weather. Partly cloudy one minute, the next, dealing with rain and hail. Was cool on those days, too...including me birthday, which was April 21. But today, its going to be sunny all day, and around 60 degrees. For the weekend? Partly cloudy and 79 degrees! And what am I bloody well doing this weekend? No, not fishing, flintknapping, or getting that mighty ship of war, the Henry Crun (my inflatable pontoon boat) out on the water...nay, me 'earties...I'm bloody well stuck *workin'* this bloody weekend!

Still, good enuff weather to be getting me three cornered hat back out of the closet...

Damn, thats sharp!

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup... it's spring!

Weather alerts from the weather radios, the radio, TV... all of the severe storms and some producing tornadoes. Yup, had the first tornado of the season in Eastern Iowa. Confirmed with images just north of Cedar Rapids all the way up to north of Dubuque, off and on, skipping and jumping, restarting, etc.

So... yup! It's Spring! The storms have arrived!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

:blink: Rainy and cold.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Sunny and 90 degrees. In New York. In April. Weird but I'll take it! =)

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

LadyBrower Posted Yesterday, 03:42 PM

Sunny and 90 degrees. In New York. In April. Weird but I'll take it! =)

SEND THAT MY WAY...THANK YOU!!!

Over cast, some sun...55 degress...(heater running next to me at my desk).

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

I flew home to see my Spouse, planning on taking her for a ride in the convertible to see the last of the blue bonnets but it's been raining all week. :lol:

JoePyratA.gif

• The Charles Towne Few - We shall sail... The sea will be our empire.

It's good weather if you're mold.... :D

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Back in Florida, 80-something and humid. Molds and sea vegetation along the waterline are happy, :lol: although I attacked the waterline with a scrubbing pad this morning so the sea scum may not be all that happy. :lol:

I am working on making a forward hatch air conditioner housing for when it really heats up here.

JoePyratA.gif

VERY, VERY windy right now after a wickedly severe thunderstorm rolled through earlier this evening.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

My gosh...she said squinting at the bright thingy in the sky...what IS that? Sun?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

This has been a very strange Spring. The temps have been from one extreme to another and we are not seeing any true pattern for it.

Today, cloudy with rain..temps in the mid 50s. The norm should be about 65 to 70s!

Member of "The Forsaken"

In the Minneapolis/St. Paul area: Saturday, high about 50, with 30 mph winds. Tuesday, high of 93, still windy. Today, high near 100, windier still. Yesterday, it was 100 in southern MN, and 35 in Grand Marais MN, on Lake Superior near the Canadian border. And we have yet to have a weekend in May when the temp was 70 or higher. All this sun and warmth has come mid-week. This is one of the few benefits of being unemployed!

Been raining for most of the week with winds to around 25kn. Suppose to be one more day of this then a bit of sun. Have to bail out the dinghy at least once per day. Amazing how much fresh water it collects.

JoePyratA.gif

• 1 month later...

What a weekend! Unbelievable weather here in IA, IL, and WI on Friday night until Saturday morning.

High winds, incredible amounts of rains and several tornados deterred me from going to a wild west event this weekend. Large amounts of rain flooded highways and swelled rivers. Trees down, along with washed out roads. Oh, the joys of summer.

Member of "The Forsaken"