What kind of weather are you having?

Silent

30-35 at night. Got 'bout 3" of much needed gentle rain over several nights an 2 nights 'o hurricane force winds in the valley of Avra. The AZRF site should be well greened up by next week. The Estrella war site will be a bog.

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm originally from Virginia...Charlottesville. I suppose it depends where in the old homeland ye decide to settle...Tidewater area likely better for winter avoidance, but do keep in mind the Williamsburg area can get some nasty ice storms from time to time. Also, they hang innocent pirates like us there.

NJ is one big freezer. I am aiming for VA in 2011 but now I am thinking that will not be far enough south.

Damn, thats sharp!

Wasn't too bad today or for the past few days. Generally around the 20's, no more than 32 degrees. Lows in the evening around the teens and single digits. Calm now. That snow storm missed us in the upper midwest though.

Cold... is when it's well below zero... with wind chills below 20 or more! Now THAT is cold!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Yeah Al Gore owes us some mittens..an rum..It's 't't't'...too damn cold :(

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

O agree...its all Al Gore's fault! All that chat about global warming only tempts the gods, and being immortal, they get easily bored and start looking for things to do. "That Al Gore", they say, "He thinks he's such a Clever Hans with all that talk...so we'll zap all the land with cold and snow and ice! Bwah hah hah!"

Umm...actually...I have nothing but the highest respect for the gods...may the gods bless them...

Side Note: I was watching on Weather Channel what North Carolina got. I may complain about the cold here in Akron Ohio, but we haven't had that much snow, really...not compared to last year, which was bloody awful.

Damn, thats sharp!

We got around 8" of snow here at my place,north of Winston/Salem NC.

As of yesterday morning 11am still roads not plowed.I went to work on snow hoping the poor car wouldn't slide off into a ditch,into a guardrail,down a ravine,etc!

Going home at 7:30 pm will Not be a good ride! Our parking lot was icing over when I got off & made the walk to the car unenjoyable to say the least :(

I only hoped to make it home on the roads safely.

Good news is they plowed the main roads while i was at work!! so that was good.

I grew up in PA. & have Never liked winter,it's Cold & yucky & besides- you can't look for snakes & critters at that time of year...

It's been a rainy and bone chilling 70 ish here in central Fla. today. It got down to below 55 last night, wind chill of 50, brrrrrrrr, I was gettin' quite hypothermic! Had to get some anti freeze ...... RUM PUNCH ...... light ice, please.

When's summer?

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

31 & snow again. I didn't pay attention, did that stupid rodent known as Punxsutawney Phil see his shadow or not?

Silkie -

Not good... unsure.gif

"Punxsutawney Phil's Groundhog Day appeared at Gobbler's Knob as Phil sported a wet runny nose. However, Punxsutawney Phil appeared to be quite comfortable as anticipation grew amongst the crowd.

Today's Groundhog Day can be compared to Bill Murray's famous words in the movie Groundhog Day. "Winter slumbering in the open air wears on it's smiling face a dream of spring. Ciao."

Punxsutawney Phil was gently lifted in front of the massive crowd with breaking news. "Six more weeks of winter!"

Raleigh Headlines Examiner

However a number of other critters have predicted an early Spring. rolleyes.gif

Jas. Hook

Edited by Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Here was our Lovely morning weather! Makes you want to go swimming,huh? :o

Now it's raining/sleeting on top - Yay!! :o

outfrontdoor1.jpg

Hope everyone else has better weather! :o

I want Spring :o

Ha! In Wisconsin we don't get spring until June.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

I'm gonna attach this to the "What kind of weather are you having" post. Hope no one minds.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Well, its surely weathering here, and no mistake. We're getting our very own piece of the Bigge Eastern Blowe to cherish as our very own. At this moment (8.35 pm, Feb 5 2010...for posterity), the wind's hard out of the east, 10 mph, with gusts of 23 mph...we're getting heavy snow...by tomorrow morning, we may have 6 inches on the ground. It gets worse farther south ye go...I understand Columbus OH is due for a foot of the ee-vyl white stuff...thats Michael Bagley's territory, isn't it? Hope ye have a snow blower!

Ain't goin' out for food tomorrow, ye may lay to that. Got the fixin's to make up some gyros for me mum and me, and plenty of grub for the two ship's cats.

Does rum go well with hot chocolate?

Damn, thats sharp!

Just plain shitty here. Sorry, no other word could better describe it. Snow, ice, rain, snow, rain, snow..... MUUUDDD! Our road looks like NASA photos of the moon with water on it, the tractor won't steer with the front wheels so I gotta use the brakes to turn, the horses don't have anyplace to stand that ain't pastern deep or worse, and I know we're gonna have hoof problems before it's all over. This weather sucks.

Bo