Random Photos

Ransom

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mission you are right, she seems to be inwardly laughing at us all..

I may be seeing more than is there, but I don't think it's quite that harsh. More like mocking the formality of the outfit. Compare it to the informality of the chair and the setting. I also sense a also a tad, a very small amount, of insecurity in there - especially in the hands and posture. It's a wonderful photo IMO.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

helenwills.jpg

This is one of those photos I have always liked. It's a photo of Helen Wills Moody, a very successful tennis player who won 31 Grand Slam titles and 2 Olympic gold medals in the 1920s and 30s.

Wills was an introvert who was quite detached - she rarely showed emotion, ignored her opponents, and took little interest in or notice of the crowd. You can sense this in the photo, but there is much more there. Something deeper. I've always thought this photo had that odd "Mona Lisa" bemused look about it.

Magnificent control, deep waters ~

I love it.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Lovely pic Mission. She looks as if she saying "ok ok ok just take the damn picture then lets get back to our conversation. You know you really are silly to think any one will want to see me."

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

Awwww!! :lol:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Stitch? As in Lilo and...? (Stitch in the first movie was really cool. Then they kind of watered him down...)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

Wouldn't you just like to sit here and read? In peace and quiet ..sigh..

P6136175.jpg

Oh Maggi! That is percious! All she needs is a lil tricorn an a pistol layin on the table. Awww I hope I look as cute in the beach today..lol

Thank you Jenny. hehe she was so hilarious. she had a double mouthful of corn dog at the time, and i *think* she had something un-nice to say, and was rather consterned she couldn't get it out! :huh: daddy and i both were giggling our heads off, and well... that too contributed to her glare LOL!

and yes, you're absolutely right! a little tricorn and a pistol would be perfection! :huh: then daddy and i would have to learn to run, run very fast when she looks like that, lol.

i hope your day at the beach was a great one by the way!

here she was the same day as the one above, making "water angels" hehe she had such a blast! :huh:BecWaterAngels222.gif

Hey Maggi! :huh: Awww

aww.gif

That's what my re-enacting character should be! An undead pirate. I know just how to do that. (Let's see what the period folks make of that costume. Hey, I'll be sure not to wear bucket boots! :lol: )

Stitch? As in Lilo and...? (Stitch in the first movie was really cool. Then they kind of watered him down...)

Oops, sorry for the delayed reaction :rolleyes:

Yes, self and same, as our Stitchies bad-ness level is always very high ~ :rolleyes:

I too was disappointed Stitch didn't reach his full outrageous potential in L&S II ~

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Imagine if Stitch had been a Warner Brothers cartoon creation... :rolleyes: