Random Photos

Ransom

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, let me say that I found WV quite impressive, even majestic in regard to the scenary....But! I will also say that no time was wasted geting back into the truck after shooting this image and that sign put things into mine mind like:

"Ya gotta might pretty mouth there, boy..."

Accompanied by the strains of "Dueling Banjos"

:lol:

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That boy will have serious psychological repercussions from this..."And then...my mom posted photos of me naked in a pirate hat on the internet!" :lol:

I just came across this one. It's one of my favorites:

Baby_Mark_small.jpg

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

That boy will have serious psychological repercussions from this..."And then...my mom posted photos of me naked in a pirate hat on the internet!" B)

That's nuthin' ... we have an 8x10 of it hanging in our "hall of infamy" ... wait until he starts bringing girlfriends home :o

A group of burrowing owls has taken up residence in the field near where I work. This field is full of ground squirrels and typically burrowing owls take over old ground squirrel and gopher nests.

These owls are only about eight or nine inches tall, don't have the tufted "ears" that you see on most birds and make their nests underground rather than up in a tree. Also, unlike other owls, they aren't nocturnal. The movie "Hoot" featured burrowing owls.

At any rate, they are awfully cute - I could watch them for hours, but they get a bit miffed at me invading their space. When they are miffed, they bob up and down with some serious deep knee bends. Short video of a miffed owl

I did manage to take some photos of them.

owls3.jpg

owl10.jpg

Owl6.jpg

RHJMap.jpg

It's not often enough ye see herself in garb wit' her hair down.

That was taken before I started having hot flashes..

THAT was why the hair is DOWN!! :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

helenwills.jpg

This is one of those photos I have always liked. It's a photo of Helen Wills Moody, a very successful tennis player who won 31 Grand Slam titles and 2 Olympic gold medals in the 1920s and 30s.

Wills was an introvert who was quite detached - she rarely showed emotion, ignored her opponents, and took little interest in or notice of the crowd. You can sense this in the photo, but there is much more there. Something deeper. I've always thought this photo had that odd "Mona Lisa" bemused look about it.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Mission you are right, she seems to be inwardly laughing at us all..

My first pic of California, I loved the colors..

e49ec037.jpg

This was the first time my daughter had been around a horse and Hollywood had just sneezed on her..note the expression..*grins*

29dc2065.jpg

But this one is my all time fave and Im so lucky to have seen this and was able to zoom in enough to catch it.

b33d6aa0.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png