• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found Nemo.

Really... needs no explination.

No. Really, it doesn't! :P

THEYFOUNDNEMO.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: I LOVE this one!!!

Sushi freak that I am...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Look:

Old Bugs

28379.jpg

:lol: I want one!

My friend had a '57 when he was in college. It really wasn't all that much different than the modern Beetles. (I think the Beetles built in the early 50s and before had that split rear window that is shown on the logo for the Old Bug site.) If I remember correctly, the reason they stopped building them in the US was due to emissions regulations. They couldn't make that air cooled rear engine fit very well in the wee engine compartment with all the emission crap on it or it was too expensive for the acceptable sticker price of the car or some such. So they started making them in Mexico where no one cared about emissions.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Look:

Old Bugs

28379.jpg

:lol: I want one!

My friend had a '57 when he was in college. It really wasn't all that much different than the modern Beetles. (I think the Beetles built in the early 50s and before had that split rear window that is shown on the logo for the Old Bug site.) If I remember correctly, the reason they stopped building them in the US was due to emissions regulations. They couldn't make that air cooled rear engine fit very well in the wee engine compartment with all the emission crap on it or it was too expensive for the acceptable sticker price of the car or some such. So they started making them in Mexico where no one cared about emissions.

Imagine rumblin' around in this!

Now that is unique!

B) I don't think I could either RumbaRue. Geez...

That VW up there rocks! I would take that on a cross country road trip if I could. I recall another "bus" of sorts that caught my eye in a movie, though this one is plenty souped up for its role..

MMvehicle.jpg

A Herkimer Battle Jitney...verrryy interesting.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

B_S_%20in%20Dusenberg%20room_jpg.jpg

The Blast-O-Lene Special. M47 Patton Tank V12 engine (1950-1955) 1800 cu. inches all aluminum - air cooled - overhead cam - Engine alone cost U.S. Govt. $100,000. to produce in 1955. She takes 17 GALLONS OF OIL - 1000 h.p. - 1500 ft. lbs. of torque.Y E S ! ( The engine was designed to run under water ! )

Racing a M1A1 Abrams tank. While the car won, the tank could have taken him out with its cannon. End of race. But then that's Jay Leno at the wheel. Can't do that.

10252004164711.jpg

And the Indy Special. Same engine.

68b.jpg

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Pics from work today ~ not snow but ice - very slippery, everything gets precarious.

To give you an idea of size, the black arrow at the lower left points to a Ford Explorer. This is wot I drives out there. What looks like twin moons are arriving airplanes in the early evening.

1res.jpg

Yer lookin at just over five and a half million pounds of aircraft and acres of what is only half the ramp for terminal 4. The bay surrounds it, but its frozen and hard to tell from the rest of the ice - beyond the land at the top is the Atlantic.

2res.jpg

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...