Random Photos

Ransom

There are a thousand stories in the nekked airport...

Or in this case semi nekked..

Baggage-claim-is-that-way.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll just be here with my nose permanently pressed to the glass..... YESH.......

tahiti-flight.jpg

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PirateSSe, I have seen that car before but quite some time ago...does it still run? This is beautiful...even if the frame was still good and the car was not it would be a great garden ornament..would it not? Especiall for a V-dub colector.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

PirateSSe, I have seen that car before but quite some time ago...does it still run?  This is beautiful...even if the frame was still good and the car was not it would be a great garden ornament..would it not?  Especiall for a V-dub colector.

I don't know if it still runs, but if I were loaded, I'd hunt down the owner and buy it from him, have it all running, and bug about town in it.

Oh, the looks I'd get!

The scrolly, spirally exterior is an extension of how my house is decorated.

I do adore my spirals!

My photoshop spiral...

Spiral_.jpg

PirateSSe, I have seen that car before but quite some time ago...does it still run?  This is beautiful...even if the frame was still good and the car was not it would be a great garden ornament..would it not?  Especiall for a V-dub colector.

I don't know if it still runs, but if I were loaded, I'd hunt down the owner and buy it from him, have it all running, and bug about town in it.

Oh, the looks I'd get!

Oh, the insects you'd be picking out of your clothes...and hair...and probably teeth! (I've read about what it was like before they had the modern enclosed cars with the modern sloping windshields...you just have no idea.)

With Herbie and the trolley sitting across the aisle, I'd guess it's in some sort of museum or public showcase somewhere.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Oh, the looks I'd get!

Oh, the insects you'd be picking out of your clothes...and hair...and probably teeth! (I've read about what it was like before they had the modern enclosed cars with the modern sloping windshields...you just have no idea.)

With Herbie and the trolley sitting across the aisle, I'd guess it's in some sort of museum or public showcase somewhere.

I don't care. This car would be fun, as well as pretty. Don't ruin me fun!!

Hmm...in a bug, pickin' out bugs.

Bzzzzzzzzz....

Who says commercial fishermen don't have a sense of humor? Taken in the Port of Coos Bay, Charleston, OR.

100_0497.jpg

Or this?

100_0492.jpg

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

LOL....I wonder if pirates bothered with picking out bugs and such outta there teeth when hitting top speeds and standing at the bow.... :rolleyes: or was it a bit o protein... :lol:

Mary that Goddess statue is sooo sooo beautiful! Thanks for sharing! :)

Mary quick question I notice yer pic of the black bird...and Ooohhh Shiny...does yea fancy crows...? I just love them and how smart they are!

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

LOL....I wonder if pirates bothered with picking out bugs and such outta there teeth when hitting top speeds and standing at the bow.... :rolleyes:   or was it a bit o protein... :lol:

Oh, God..I was thinkin' the same thing.

I wonder, did some bad salesman say, "Now, ye be sorry wit' that one.

Ye be pickin' seagulls out o' yer teeth wit this ship!"

hi jenny!! <_<B)B)B) :) B)

Laurel026.jpg

That's either the "I'm really happy 'cause Red Cat is cool & said hi to me" face, or she's about to start running around like a maniac singing "the itsy bitsy spider" at the top of her lungs for the next 20 minutes. (I'm really hoping it's the former)

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Awww she's cute. Looks like you!

and either way it would be cute.

Thanks for the Hi!! *wave*

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Mary that Goddess statue is sooo sooo beautiful! Thanks for sharing! :)

Mary quick question I notice yer pic of the black bird...and Ooohhh Shiny...does yea fancy crows...? I just love them and how smart they are!

Thank you, I am glad you liked it! It was taken at Po Lin Temple on Lantau Island (just outside of Hong Kong). It was fantastically windy that evening, but made for really amazing photos.

Yes, I like crows ~ find them to be quite fascinating, brash - was sad to see them dying off around here (along with the sweet little chicadees) due to West Nile, but they are making a comeback. Saw a lovely murder of them last season. :D

Another photo for you ~ from Thailand. Theare so many wats (temples) there, and every one of them are encrusted with decoration, tiles, and gilding - so very much different from Japan (very reserved) and Hong Kong (in between - Chinese style).

IMAG0015.jpg

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Can you do that same facial expression? :D

:D yeah, it's my "Get me more rum or I'll snap" expression.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog