Random Photos

Ransom

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I am thinking about getting my old Canon AE-1 P out and start taking shots again. I have a new freind that was a professional photographer (now turned teacher) that can do the developing for me.

That boy of mine is one great kid too. Hard to believe he came from me sometimes! :lol:

Bo

Here's a couple of pics of me wee lad dressed up for Halloween.

PA310779.jpg

PA310780.jpg

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Taking advantage of the mild Autumn weather we are having, it was only proper to use it to fullest measure. The images following are from a town called Denton, north of DFW. The grounds are listed in the Texas Historical ledgers and contain sites from the Texas Revolution through World War II. I have always had an appreciation for old "Cities of the Dead"; the art and architecture to be appreciated within. Here are a couple examples of what I captured....

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Wow...those pics are amazing. I especially like the first picture.

I enjoy walking thru the city of the dead as well, Bastian Devareaux, there is much you can learn and discover. And I am never disappointed because I always seem to see a spirit or two hanging around.

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

Wow...those pics are amazing. I especially like the first picture.

I enjoy walking thru the city of the dead as well, Bastian Devareaux, there is much you can learn and discover. And I am never disappointed because I always seem to see a spirit or two hanging around.

Thank you, Chere...You are too kind. I dare say I have been in the habit of wandering amongst monuments since I was a child. I have an uncle who's back fence-lines divides his property from a very grand old cemetary back home.

Here are two of my personal favorites from a cemetary in Wisconsin...Enjoy!

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

I also enjoy wandering around the cemetery occasionally. Here are a few shots from Salem this summer. You could feel the spirits there as well.

1865346681_9934afe0ac.jpg

1865352055_cfb33f1b2d.jpg

1865357517_bd85f13d30.jpg

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Thank you both for the awesome pictures. I truly appreciate it.

Iron Jon, those pics made me homesick...I miss Salem a lot. Thanks so much for bringing back happy memories for me.

Bastian, thos are some wondeful pictures. Wish I could visit and take a walk thru.

Bo, you've got a handsome young lad there. What other periods does he (and you, for that matter) reenact?

Thank ye kindly sir. We have been into the F&I period and colonial/ Rev-War scene for as long as he has been alive,(16 years already! :lol: ), but we are going to cross over into the ACW period due to the logistics of travel to events. Not much happens in mid Missouri for those periods, but no shortage of ACW events. He is going to do the Pyrate thing too, but he has to get his drivers license and a job to help ol' dad out! :huh: Don't we all know how expensive this can get! I've been selling/swapping out clothing, firearms and other gear to get us into the portrayal more quickly. Here's one I've posted before from one of the last colonial events we attended before time-jumping:

ClayandBo.jpg

Bo

OMG, how adorable and sweet. What a wonderful picture of Peppa. My wee lad got a kick out of it too. He really liked her picture. Oh, how I wish I could hold her. I love mice and rats. Thanks for sharing the picture. Peppa makes a fabulous Pyrate.

It's the young'uns what makes life worth livin'! :blink:

Give the little one an extra hug. That is precious!

Bo

You got that right. That kid's smile just made my day.

"Why, it makes me young again. I was going to forget my timber leg, I was. It's a pleasant thing to be young and have ten toes, and you may lay to that."

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Montauk Lighthouse Keepers Quarters - LI, NY

One of my favorite places on the S shore. The orig lighthouse was comissioned around the GaOP, the base is still there

This is just such a cool doorway - it needs a pirate or two

montauk.jpg

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Here's a couple of pics of me wee lad dressed up for Halloween.

PA310779.jpg

PA310780.jpg

OMG, I just found these... He is adorable!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 3 weeks later...

I aquired these on Thanksgiving Day while home in Minnesota. It had snowed the day before, but was melting of. You might say, these are my Aunt and Uncle's neighbors....Very polite and quiet ones. ;)

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

ClaudeDuval.jpg

OMG, I just found these... He is adorable!

Thank you so much. When I can I will post a few more pics of me wee lad.

I enjoyed making up his costume. He wanted to be a scarecrow which made me happy since I love scarecrows.

My Feeeeeeeeet. :o:(

PIP07174.jpg

I thought I had cleared all of those from under my bed, but apparently these damn bits of coral can walk. So, yes, my feet hurt from walking on them but I had to explain that bruise on my butt to my wife when I got home. So: My Buuuuuutttttt!

(Really dear, I rolled over on some coral. See? Look at this picture; coral, lots of coral. Honest. Just ask the other Pyrates.)

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

My Feeeeeeeeet. :o:(

I'll second that. The campsite is in a great location...except for the walking back and forth to the fort part. Coral, coral, everywhere... Period-looking shoes are definitely not hiking shoes (even with non-preiod gel insoles)!

My feeeeet!

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

My Feeeeeeeeet. :(   :o

PIP07174.jpg

I thought I had cleared all of those from under my bed, but apparently these damn bits of coral can walk. So, yes, my feet hurt from walking on them but I had to explain that bruise on my butt to my wife when I got home. So: My Buuuuuutttttt!

(Really dear, I rolled over on some coral. See? Look at this picture; coral, lots of coral. Honest. Just ask the other Pyrates.)

Ah.... didn't hear the story behind the "My Buuuuuuuuttttt"... pray do tell....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/