"Belly Dancing Pirates" - Ghawazee Coats

Lady Alyx

There was a topic thread started once called Belly Dancing Pirates. I can't remember the gal's name that started it and I could not find any old old posts nor search's. I wanted to post a link here for her or any other's who are interested in that type of clothing to mix and match into their Ren Faire garb or Pirate Garb (sometimes I do). I love the Ghawazee coats and found today a fantastic site that had some. I made myself one for the Labyrinth Ball and was very very pleased with myself on how it came out. It almost looks like the gold on on this website.

Ghawazee Coats

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

More times than I can count, at the Escondido faire at closing time, lots of people gather over by the ale garden (right across from where I sell) and bellydance. I've gotten pictures of noble women doing it and sent them on to St. Elizabeth's Guild so they could get a good laugh. Pirates, wizards, the Wilds, and a hole host of unusual people gather to dance, it's quite a sight. :lol:

Hester,

I would love to see those videos, but alas no Utube will work on work puter (very strict security patches).

Mad Jack,

Wow what fantastic photos. Same here in Cali, they have what they call Ring Out...at the end of faire day. But I don't think it is hot and heavy as it used to be in the day when it was in the Malibu mtns or even Glen Helen. I remember ring outs where the drumming was so utterally tribal that it just envoked everyone to dance in a tribal manner. Like the drums controlled your inside to move about. I miss those days!! sniff sniff! Tis was so much more lustier in the day! Sigh! :lol:

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

I think the original thread was probably something I was involved with...

Thanks for the pictures Mad Jack. They remind just how much I do miss working at MNRF. After ten years, I had got tired of the politics and such, but now four years since I've been there, the missing much stronger. :)

FYI, old threads get "pruned" automatically when no one posts for a month or more.

Thanks for starting up again, Lady Alyx. We have many new members who probably missed to original thread.

And wonderful picture, Mad Jack. I've never seen that many fire-eaters in one place before. :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.