The Great Loose Weight Thread

blackjohn

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually gained weight (on purpose) for a stupid movie.I'm just now able to fit into my winter jeans.I've been doing my version of the low carb thing. I'm also working on a low carb cook book.

-CS

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

What movie?

I know a guy on a non-pirate forum that I sometimes look in on who lost something like 20+ in two weeks with some diet. Me, I prefer to run my body into the ground so I can still eat some yummy things.

Speaking of running my body into the ground... I may take a day or two off. My left arm is saying, "rest, I need rest."

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Weights today. I'm seeing some definite difference in the shape of the muscle areas that I'm working. That is gratifying (and for now at least, I can blame the weight plateau on muscle growth, since muscle is denser than fat).

Only problem is that while I'm gaining some nice new contours in the arms and shoulders, I'm not losing the old ones around the middle. At this rate, I'm going to end up looking like the Michelin Man. I guess I had better take the aerobic workouts a little more seriously. (Sometimes I despair of ever changing my spare tire. I've been this basic shape since about age three.)

Snow sounds like fun Tom.

My fun exercise yesterday was carrying two kids back and forth between museums in DC yesterday. I only carried one at a time, and only when they needed it, but I probably spent a good two hours total carrying an extra 40+ pounds. But it was fun! Certainly no where near as much fun as the combo exercise bike and weights I did just now.

My Home on the Web

I stair-stepped today. Came downstairs and got right to it, fairly matter-of-fact-ly. I guess there is only so much easy willpower floating around in the world; when one person gets down to business with no fuss, somebody else is left feeling stuck in the mud. Sort of like tides, I guess. :lol:

I've certainly had my share of being stuck. Thanks, blackjohn, for the support.

I feel a little silly checking in every day with nothing more than "Yup, I did today's workout." On the other hand, when I can report progress, it feels pretty good. Anyway, for the sake of momentum, if nothing else...

Yesterday: weight workout. Progress: looks like I can add one more pound on the triceps extensions. I started that exercise this year at 10 pounds per dumbbell and I'm up to 19-1/4. The others are coming along, but nowhere near that fast.

Today: stair-stepper. Progress: I upped the time from 20 to 25 minutes. (And even finished, though I really wanted to quit during the last 5. My brain was saying "c'mon, you did your twenty." )

Now, for some real inspiration: someone who has lost literally half her body weight.

*spit-take*

:lol:

:lol:

:rolleyes:

;)

whhoooooo... ok... ummmmm... what was I going to say...

OH! I remember, even though I feel like total physical crap, I did mine anyway. If you've had kids, you may have had pink eye. If you've had pink eye, you know what I'm talking about. That, coupled with swollen glands in my throat, popping ears, and a slight cough and... I probably would've been better off just staying in bed...

My Home on the Web

...shave the cat? :rolleyes::lol:

Weights AND stairstep this morning! Trying to up the ante on the aerobic side. Otherwise, I get stronger, but I don't get any lighter. I stayed on track all last week, and yesterday my scale said 193, so I was feeling inspired.

Pink eye is the pits. Sorry to hear it, blackjohn. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. :lol:

Ever notice how when you start to push the exercise really hard, your body punishes you by coming down with something? That has killed too many of my past attempts at fitness in the second or third week. You might consider buying a couple of the 2-1/2 lb weight plates, back off by a few pounds, and then increase in smaller increments going forward.

:rolleyes:

That wasn't code for anything gentleman, I really did shave one of my cats (Moni) who has gotten a bit scraggly in the fur as of late. And a friend is bringing over an out of town friend to check both of my critters out because they're an unusual breed.

Hope you feel better blackjohn. I've never gotten pinkeye (that I can remember), but have had enough colds and throat ailments to understand your pain. Take care, and get some rest. :)

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Annoying stuff Pink eye, I hope you feel better BlackJohn

I've dropped about 5 pounds in the past month. My friend is dragging me through the cardio, I'm going to kill myself trying to keep up with her but I did managed to jog for ten minutes straight without stopping.

Thanks all. Fortunately, had some leftover meds from a year ago -- the last time pink eye went around. Feeling better, but I think I have a touch of fever now. *sigh*

5lbs! Hey that's great!

Still haven't summoned the courage to weigh myself... I did my time again this morning.

:blink:

My Home on the Web

Don't be trustin' that scale too much Laddie. Let the tape measure be rulin' yer progress. Seen too many get discouraged an quit after they be findin' theys gainin' weight when workin' out. You can easily be gainin' more in muscle than losin' in fat.

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.