The Great Loose Weight Thread

blackjohn

Thanks for the link Sophia. Glad you are feeling better. I hate it when I cold gets into my lungs!

So who is still here? Myself (I took two days off to rest my arms) and Asukaru and Sophia and Tom. And... everyone else is taking the weekend off to rest, right?!?!

:)

I'm going to guess I've lost some weight. Next week I'm going to be "reenacting" in a history display at work, and I can fit into some of my old revwar clothes. huzzah!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends and I walked ourselves silly through a few of the Disney parks over the weekend (in cooler temps and rain). It wasn't too bad as we were somewhat bundled up for the weather. Did some pilates over the weekend to keep my energy up, and some stretches, strength training on the arms and crunches this morning.

So you're feelin' better up there blackjohn? I'm nearly at 100% (still a bit of the sniffles, but I'll live) and am rearing to exercise today. Alas, I am in my office, but I can do some "office yoga" during breaks if I want to.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Okay, I slacked all last week. Had a cold coming on. Back in the saddle today.

Today I did my mile by doing a "newt rescue." Newts come crawling up a particular stream bed to spawn, only some fool laid a road across it, where the poor creatures get run over by the score. So folks take turns watching for newts at dusk and ferrying them across the street. Over the whole season we usually manage to save on the order of half a thousand of them. (Zero tonight, though. Feb is pretty early.) The length of road that needs patrolling just happens to be a tenth of a mile, so five trips up and back and I get credit for my exercise walk.

All right, back to the weights. I'll call that a makeup session for missing yesterday. Two more sets to go.... (edit). phew. done.

This week I´ve started with weightwatchers...I use the "crocerie book" as a guideline. It´s not too bad at all! It´s bugging me that you have to count points before you can eat... but if u´re making sports you have more points you can eat for <_<

Interesting way of doing it... let us know how well it works!

Damn... chocolate week on The Food Network. I'm going to have to exercise twice as much...

My Home on the Web

Okay, I slacked all last week. Had a cold coming on. Back in the saddle today.

Today I did my mile by doing a "newt rescue." Newts come crawling up a particular stream bed to spawn, only some fool laid a road across it, where the poor creatures get run over by the score. So folks take turns watching for newts at dusk and ferrying them across the street. Over the whole season we usually manage to save on the order of half a thousand of them. (Zero tonight, though. Feb is pretty early.) The length of road that needs patrolling just happens to be a tenth of a mile, so five trips up and back and I get credit for my exercise walk.

All right, back to the weights. I'll call that a makeup session for missing yesterday. Two more sets to go.... (edit). phew. done.

Wow Tom, that is sooo very cool! If I was in your neighborhood I'd be right there with you! Yeah, I'm the kind of guy that will stop at the side of the road to help a turtle get across...

I gave the exercise a rest yesterday... gotta take a break sometimes... though I did make brownies the other night, so I should've done twice the exercising!

<_<

My Home on the Web

@blackjohn: I´ll explain it...

Because of my weight I´ve started with (109 Kg) I have 26 points a day to eat from. Food like fruits and vegs have no points. For things like a glass of coke or a chocolatebar you can almost count half of the points you have for the day. If you´re doing exercises it will be rewarded... when I make a long walk with my dog (1,5 h) I get 2 points plus. The thing is... you can eat everything but the amount varies.

I was on the weighing machine today... I´m by 105,9 kg for now.

Weights today.  I think I've hit a plateau.

Of what sort? What's your plan to get over it?

As for me, I don't even believe I've started up the hill yet, much less reached a plateau.

:lol:

I lost a few pounds and then stopped losing. I've also hit the point where I've stopped adding plates to the bars. That's easy enough to deal with, just keep doing the sets, and when they start to feel easy again, add more weight.

Worst problem is that I'm very short on time right now, dealing with as much technical training as I can cram in within the next few weeks. It is hard to find time for the workout (I know, it's only a half hour...) between work, study, and family.

Okay, I just finished my chapters for Java class. l'll go do one right now. (edit) ...Done. I even managed to clap on another pound of two of the exercises. Obviously I need to quit whining and get moving. That and recommit to no Pyracy until AFTER I've done a workout. (That right there will free up some time for working out.)

Also, I recommit to getting to bed by 10:30 every night. Staying up til midnight-plus (my usual habit, but a bad one) is seriously interfering with my ability to get things done the next day, and now is not a time when I can afford that.

If we only had 26 hours in a day... but then something else "that had to be done" would fill in those extra 2 hours.

I have only weighed myself once since this whole shebang started. I wasn't not particularly happy... but then, it was during The Food Network's chocolate week! So what should I expect?

:lol:

When you began this, did you mind scream at you to get up and do something else, anything else? Mind did. It doesn't now. That's victory number one. Building the mental state.

My Home on the Web

I'm pleased that my mind has resolved to stick to some form of exercise in these recent efforts. There are times that I just can't sit still (not hyper or twitchy, simply the desire to exercise in one spot, or get up and walk).

Man...I stay away from scales. I know it can be of great use, but it can also cause such a downtrodden effect if one plateaus or god forbid, gains weight (in our case it might be muscle). I use the bare threads method. If I look good in my unmentionables or bikini, I am satisfied that my efforts have paid off (at least on the outside). :)

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...