The Great Loose Weight Thread

blackjohn

Okay weight loss just the thing i feel like talking about tonight *tries to hide the sarcasm* anyway I had gastric bypass about ten months ago and in the process lot 135 pounds. I'm now at 162 on a larger bone structure at 5'3" I like to think of myself as curvy... anyway I'm going back on a diet as of tomorrow any ideas anyone?

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

greetings!

as a nurse, i know well waht gastric by pass means....

did you have the reversible kind done, or the irreversible kind?

as far as diet... i highly reccomend HIGH protein diet--- atkins style.... because gastric bypass patients often lose the necessary nutrients since they each much smaller frequent meals....and lose the stomachs added acids to break down food for full digestion of foods ---- sothat you get all the vitamins , minerals and essential things from your food...

i reccomend: meat meat meat...veggies{ not high carb ones though}

chicken , steak...and dark green, red, orange and yellow fruit and veggies...

about 8 years ago, i read the atkins diet book, and felt soooooooooo betrayed by the food industry and all the lies.. all the times the food pyramid changed due to the grocers profit margins.....{ about 12 to date and they did it again!!}

i never looked back......i knew truth when i saw it...now i just had to LIVE it.........

i follow pretty strict atkins....and lost all the weight i wanted and keep it off.......

my dear husband married me when i weighed 168 pounds.......the most i have ever weighed... i get frustrated when folks who weigh more poo poo that number.... i felt same as those who weigh/ weighed 200- 300... full of self hatred and embarrasment at my weight ..... i stillknow that feeling.... and i understand that--even though i may not look like i have any understanding of how that feels.......

i weigh 123 now..........and i pray for dr atkins when i remember to....... he has my utmost gratitude.....

i heard once "it aint what you are eating--- it is what is eating you"........ and that is true too....

all those feelings that must be addressed and sorted to see if there are any truths in the feelings........

a steady diet of reason and logic will keep everyones weight in acceptible range.......

i would be willing to be your cheer leader, comfort and solace when yah dont feel, accepted ,loved and understood...

lady constance.... who shall always be very stout of heart and mind and faith...

I've hung out with my father a few times this year, and mid year saw him after he'd spent a few months eating healthier and using Alli. After hearing from him what he went through so far (nothing bad), I decided to try it out, and have been using it since July. He's lost nearly 60 lbs since April, and I've lost 15 so far. The downside is my work clothes are getting baggy, and my car has tapped me dry (repairs) so I can't venture out for a new wardrobe just yet. I may be taking up tailoring my garments soon.

Edited by Cpt Sophia M Eisley

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...