The Great Loose Weight Thread

blackjohn

It has been two months since I last wore my pirates clothes. Considering the amount of feasting and drinking, and drinking... and drinking... that I have done since then, I'm sure I'll be in for a shock when it comes time to get dressed for the next event. (Mmm... rum belly...)

Thus, in the spirit of threads long dead, I am creating the newest edition of an age old favorite, the weight loss thread.

Here's my promise to you. Since coming to the pub is a treat, starting tomorrow, I will deny myself the pleasure of coming to the pub, unless I have done a minimum of 20 minutes excercise beforehand. The first place I post will be here, which should help me turn this into a good habit.

It should be simple, really. Get up, work out for 20 minutes. Log in. And after two weeks, it'll be a cake walk.

Who is with me?!?!?!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be putting myself on a diet per say, but I will be eating a tad healthier and striving for even more exercise. I'm hypoglemic and have a specific food intolerance as well, which has made eating well an adventure.

I'll be happy to post results of my own in here from time to time, and cheer others on. All's we need are a few cheerleaders on our side and I'm sure we'll do well.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Can't join in on any part of cutting back on food right now. I'm in the process of quitting smoking -- food is pretty much required, though I'm trying to stick to raw vegetables when I get the craving.

I'm with you on the working out, though. If I don't do that, I won't be able to wear much of anything that I own soon, either...

sig2.jpg

aye

lose wieght not so much, exercise i will join in.

to get back on shcedule with me pots i say this i will not check in unless i have at least made 10 pieces a day, since pottery can be physical it counts as part of me exercise regiment :o

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Glad you renew'd the thread... as I was going to post on the other one anyway.

In the other thread, I had started an exercise regime and was eating healthier and had lost about 17 lbs when disaster struck and I had an accident which left me with a broken ankle.

That was last May.

I am still on the road to recovery and can't really "exercise" in the traditional sense, but i am trying to do it the old fashion way of changing eating habits and trying to look at food differently.

Surprising, with NO activity at all in the last 8 months, I only gained back 3 lbs of the 17 I lost before my accident.

My goal is 30lbs before July.

I too will keep this thread alive and try to walk the walk.

Greg

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Ah William,

Even well researched in dieting..

I shall throw my self into the mix as far as the exercise goes, ok an maye 5 - 7 lbs. Summer IS coming.. :)

But I should be strength training for sailing so this will be a good kick in th pants ta get going.

Thanks BlackJohn and good luck to all!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

My plan is to lose 20 lbs (nearly a stone and a half), by Labour Day --when I have to go visit the in-laws again.

What works for me is walking about 40 minutes every day, and eating lots of fish and fresh fruit and vegetables.

Trouble is, it's awfully tricky trying to fit my rum ration into a reasonable calorie allowance.

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

I've been trying to keep my weight under 120 and so far, so good. It's been 118 for days now. For my height it's a normal weight. I've been working on toning up tho, I've slacked off a bit. At some point during the day I make myself do at least 10 crunches and/or squats. It may be just a small amount each day, but it still helps. Better than nothing.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Ok, that was tough. Not from a physical standpoint, but from a mental one. My brain kept shouting, "no, no, no, let's do something else." But Star Wars Episode 1 was on HBO, so I watched it while I pushed/pulled/pumped the excerisce machine.

One day down... who is next with a success story. I see Rogue Mermaid signed her life away.

:D

My Home on the Web

I've been trying to keep my weight under 120 and so far, so good.  It's been 118 for days now.  For my height it's a normal weight.  I've been working on toning up tho, I've slacked off a bit.  At some point during the day I make myself do at least 10 crunches and/or squats.  It may be just a small amount each day, but it still helps.  Better than nothing.

It's cool that that works for you. Maybe it has something to do with maintaining a healthy weight as opposed to getting back down to a healthy one. I've noticed, during those times when I was in good condition, my sneaky little mind would take the "better than nothing" and eventually corrupt it to... nothing!

Tricky thing, the mind. :D

:huh:

My Home on the Web

One day down... who is next with a success story. I see Rogue Mermaid signed her life away.

:lol:

I think signing my life away was the way to do it for me. (hopefully)

I hate wasting money. So everytime I don't go to the gym at the very least 3 times a week I'm going to think I'm wasting money.

I also have a buddy who is going to sign up soon too. Peer pressure applied positively!!!

Trust me on this one - you really don't...

That first time you hang your arm out the window and notice your sleeve flapping in the wind and realise - you're not wearing sleeves! Not one of those warm and fuzzy moments, I'll tell ya. And it doesn't matter how good shape you're in; age will get ya every time.

RHJMap.jpg

and there are a few of us (over 50 to boot) that still have no extra weight to lose. can't seem to put it on - never could. ;)

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

My brother's the same way. He eats what he can, and can't seem to gain, and he's tall and pretty thin. But as long as he feels healthy (and his doc confirms), it's probably ok. Some folk's bodies are just programmed to be on the light side, lady snow. ;)

Well, I continued on with my eating well and exercise today. My newish coworker and I took a walk within our site, which can span over a mile walking back and forth just once. I'd done that for quite a while with a coworker who unfortunately left the company, and didn't bother to pick it up for a month or so. It's amazing what a little extra walking can do (or lack of).

Next up, a little pilates, a little yoga, and a few dozen crunches and leg lifts. Fun. ;)

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...