Swiss Pirates ?

Redbeard

Avast ye Scurvy Swabs,

Now let's see if there be any of ye out there as can settle this'ere argument wot we be 'aving amongst our crew.

Now one of the filthy dogs in P.U.B.C.A.T., one "One Eyed Black Jake" (ee don't really ave one eye, but ee thinks it gives im more sea cred), wants as his persona the character of a swiss pirate. Now Oi reckon's that'ee just be plain mad, but'ee says as there really was such a thing as a swiss pirate, so do any of ye swabs out there have any evidence to prove either one of us roight ?

Cap'n Redbeard

P.U.B.C.A.T.

Piratical Union of Buccaneers Corsairs and Associated Trades

Argghh. In all my reading on the subject, ( and thats a lot ) , I can't say I have ever found any evidence that there were swiss pirates. I'm sure that some yodeler wondered down the mountain and fell on a boat, but, I just can't find anyone who ever put it in writing. So..... what I'm saying is ,that there may of been swiss pirates, but not in any of my books.

How would one be a swiss pirate? Eat a lot of meatballs and swill hot coca. Don't laugh. Coca was a very popular drink when it was new. It also became a source of great revenue for those who invested in bringing it to Europe. Enjoy your Ricola...... argghhhhh... The Capt.

You'll find some modern Swiss pirates at: http://www.frizze.ch/

Blackheartedly yrs,

--Jamaica Rose

"Pillage now! Avoid the rush!"

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

• 3 weeks later...

Of course there were Swiss pirates! They were the ones with the multi-purpose folding weapon. You know the one with the cutlass, dagger, flintlock, boarding axe and corkscrew?(the deluxe model had a nail file and quill in the hilt) ;-)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Aarrgh!

Oi think the way you tell a Swiss pirate is that he has wheels on the bottom of his ship. Or in the case of "One eyed Black Jake" ee has his legs sticking out of the bottom of is ship. (we're quite worried about him actually).

:D

Cap'n Redbeard

P.U.B.C.A.T.

Capt. Luigi... I am surprised at your question. A swiss pirate would plunder only one thing........ coca.... where do you think the "swiss miss" came from..... arrrgghhhh.... Also, I'll offer to give evil tiny speech lessons or simply blow him out of the water. Whatever would be easier. Just a joke tiny.... hahahaha arrrghhhh.. hahaha... arrrgghhhhhhhhh The Capt.

Arrgh!

Swiss pirates would plunder chocolate (milk of course) and cookcoo clocks, of course they would not blow all their loot in the first bar, they would invest it in a Swiss bank account.

:ph34r:

Cap'n Redbeard

P.U.B.C.A.T.

Arrgh!

Swiss pirates would plunder chocolate (milk of course) and cookcoo clocks, of course they would not blow all their loot in the first bar, they would invest it in a Swiss bank account.

ahhh-redbeard-yer a funny,punny man..er...I asume yer a man-wot with th beard an all.

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...