Random Thoughts

Blackfoot

How about just slap them across the face with a large trout? Imagine just standing there with your cheek stinging and scales all over the place? lol

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How cool is it when you "link up" by saying, thinking or doing the same thing at the same time? neet.

Drunkenness is nothing but voluntary madness.

Seneca the Younger

I watched a show tonight about the virtues of owning (or being owned by) a ferret.

I've been pondering exactly why this notion appeals to me so, as it makes no sense whatsoever to add to the insanity of my day by adding one more mischievous, if cuddly cute being in the house.

You see, I've already got a 6 year old who gets into everything, swipes stuff and hides it back in secret places, leaves great messes everywhere she goes, and likes to eat paper. (okie, i did it when i was 6 as well).

God's Trousers! WHY would i want to have a four-legged, smaller, quicker and messier version of that?! :lol:

come on, someone talk me out of it..

it's the eyes, gotta be the eyes and the cute "love me" expression. ferrets can get away with murder if they'll only cuddle and snuggle. o.o oh yeah.. i got that already.

hey look, I made "Scourge of the 7 seas." Kind of too bad though, I found a lot of irony in being a dread pirate with actual dreads.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Ya know... I never count them thingys...

I wonder if you feel it when ye become an immortal pyrate? :lol:

psst ..don't tell the IRS..they'll make a ne tax form!

Heh....they shouldn't give us internet access at work.... :lol:

Hay!!! I gots a life..... :lol:

Jack and I and some friends went to a local sushi restaurant for dinner tonight.

A couple of years ago, they installed a projection system to go with the background music. They usually show pastoral scenes, historic buildings in Europe, butterflies, pretty birds, etc.

So this evening, they started out with a movie with ocean scenes. Very peaceful: sea turtles, various tropical fish, that sort of thing. It ended and they queued up a new film. The new film was a nature study, but of a very different type. It started out with two male arctic grouses fighting over a female. And they really did the scene cuts to make it look even more dramatic and violent. Then there was a badger walking through the snow. Okay, this was reasonably peaceful - until it came upon a dead deer and proceeded to tear it apart. Next there was a male and female squirrel; it started out innocently enough... until they started having sex. And then a ferret came down and killed one of them.

Lovely dinner theatre.

RHJMap.jpg

So this evening, they started out with a movie with ocean scenes. Very peaceful: sea turtles, various tropical fish, that sort of thing. It ended and they queued up a new film. The new film was a nature study, but of a very different type. It started out with two male arctic grouses fighting over a female. And they really did the scene cuts to make it look even more dramatic and violent. Then there was a badger walking through the snow. Okay, this was reasonably peaceful - until it came upon a dead deer and proceeded to tear it apart. Next there was a male and female squirrel; it started out innocently enough... until they started having sex. And then a ferret came down and killed one of them.

Lovely dinner theatre.

Oh, Jill, I am sorry, but you got me laughing so hard I got tears running down me cheeks. Oh......Thanks for the laugh!!! :o;)

Oh My, I can't stop laughing........ :lol::lol:

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

My sympathies, Jill!

Starting to see more of what were called back in Florida 'Draught Houses' here in the Dallas area. Basically, older movie theaters or playhouses converted into cramped dinner theaters. Great idea when applied properly. 'Applied' being operative here. I loved going to those back home, they were always a blast, but the latest models aren't quite so enjoyable. Welcome to the city 101, and forget about watching a film in any state of comfort.

Submitted for your disapproval:

Yuppies on cells, machos chatting up bleach-streaked bra-stuffed daddy's girl for all to hear, kids who need a nap, fat-cat o'beasties wedging their way through the maze of ill-placed tables toppling pitchers mugs and conversations, lag reel changes and lotsa smoke coming from the projector, I said speak english please, does he realize plucking his eyebrows makes him look like Mr Spock?, who does your hair Briggs & Stratton?, what is wrong with that girl's butt?, the constant roll of garbled static, one table over citiot involved in loud after work 'business call' topic ranging randomly from what the receptionist was wearing today and how I'd like to bend that over to golf tee-off to what the golf cart beer girl was barely wearing last time out and man I'd like to do her to Country Club dues to what the waitress is wearing and wondering what her special skills are to lying to the wife about where he is to what's the story on banging the new girl at work to damn that's the wife calling again to you should see this waitress serving me now it must be cold in here ha ha yeah I could warm her up to when my old man finally retires and I take over the business to damn why can't my wife stop calling me when I'm trying to relax and actually enjoy myself for a change to hey waiter I'd like to buy the next round for that table of college girls over there give them my card, midget warm 3/4 pitchers, I think the projectionist rolls his own, crunchy greasy finger foods, over priced mini menus(how much for a miniscule plop of nachos?), sit down in front you're a lousy window, I'd like to speak to the manager if he speaks english, nobody move I think I've just lost my patience, buy a mirror or teach yo mama how to dress you, if the guy behind me burps out loud again he's going to remember me for a veerrrryyy long time, has the waiter forgot about us or did he get lost?, why are they showing prevues of this season's TV shows?, isn't that our waiter over there loudly chatting up that bird with the black lipstick and flab hanging over her hiphuggers?, why does that guy over there have a zipper on the back of his pants too?, hey who's the cranial giant that dropped their lit cig in the trash can?, you don't actually think anyone believes bright carnation is your natural hair color do you?, if you spoke english you wouldn't have a problem taking my order there Paco, speak up I'm having a problem acknowledging you though I can say with surety that may not improve my impression of you at this moment, did they even bother cleaning this table?, is there a reason besides deafness ignorance or rudeness that you're talking over everyone else in the building?, I hate to break this to you but they sell clothes in something other than black, hey baboon can you please chew and talk with your mouth closed?, bloodshot eyed baggy pant holey boxer geri curl sneakers oversize tanktop grillmouth urban players spitting brainless braggadochia into a pre-pay cell, drunk oil-haired smartasses dressed the same izod way flapping off what the hell is she doing with that guy? I'm such a stud that's why I'm out with my frat bros every night, why are you wearing socks with your sandals?, isn't there a law about showing your stretch marks in public?, oh yes chartreuse and violet are definately your colors, you're on medication aren't you?, what the fekk is that stuck to my flip flops?, is that your real personality or is that something you're just knocking about?, please stuff your suede mauve bra straps back under your yellow chiffon shirt, turn your fekkin cell phone off!, you mean to tell me people actually buy shiny purple lingerie?, is that girl on the floor dead?, where the hell is our waiter?, at what point do you decide on black lipstick?, why is that elephant over there wearing a sheer shirt with no bra?, no I said a pitch of Michelob not Shiner in a bottle, where the hell are you from and why are you here?, is this what I ordered it didn't look like this in the picture, what's that smell?, I bet the carpet doesn't match the drapes on Little Miss Greenhair over there, please change your diet I can smell you all the way over here every time the ceiling fan wobbles the right way, where's the rest of my nachos?, who are all these people and what are they doing on my planet?, does the fire marshall know about this place?, how come my pitcher is only 3/4 full and dripping by the time it gets to me?, hey tatoo pull up your pants does your grandfather know you're wearing his boxers?, is purple really a good hair color?, do I have to actually ask for silverware and napkins?, is the guy over there with the woogity eye staring at me or you or them?, what the hell is this weird gray chunk with fuzz on it next to the ashtray?, did the guy over there with the tie and credit card next to his plate get the rest of my nachos?, are you sure these are nachos?, yes those shoes that are too small for your feet and the clothes that are also too small for you indeed do actually make you look fat very fat, aren't there places you can't quite reach with a washcloth?, remind me again why was it we came to this place?, did I just see that fuzzy gray chunk next to the ashtray move?, why don't you speak english and what is that piece of chrome stuck through your eyebrow?, shouldn't you be on medication?, what is that fekkin smell?, look just give this plop of overpriced alleged nachos to Mr Spock over there, bring me another pitch of MICHELOB and ask the manager if he wants to step outside, hey what the fekk are you looking at? EH?

Etc, etc, etc. (insert exasperated sigh here).

Ah well, you get the picture.

I'm straight out on that. Take me far from the 'fadding' crowd if you will.

I'll stay at home with my wife and watch a great period film, thank you, and leave all that noise to those who think it's worthwhile.

I think I need a drink.

Fate, I've found as o' late, has raised its ugly head ta' redeem ih'self.......

:blink::ph34r::ph34r: Classic!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

GOOD LORD!! :blink:

:blink: You could also add - The woman in the ladies room changing a baby's poopy diaper, while four other kids, none over the age of five, scream and whine at her to hurry up. That'll put you off your food - which in some cases, may be a life saver.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog