Roll Call 2007

William Brand

I won't be 100% sure until July BUT....

put me on the trying her damnedest list.

Closer to the date I'm going to need a bunch of travel help. Anyone want to volunteer to help me? I've only traveled once via plane & it makes me really nervous. I really love the idea of meeting up with people at the airport and traveling the last bit with others.

I'll also need ideas etc about camping. There's no way I'm going to all the trouble of going to FL to stay in a modern tent or (gods forbid) a hotel, but I'm of course also a girl & there's the entire question of girls at the camp etc. Luckily there is still time to figure all that out.

Anyway, long winded way of saying, I put it on the plan. Yippie! :P

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be 100% sure until July BUT....

put me on the trying her damnedest list.

Closer to the date I'm going to need a bunch of travel help. Anyone want to volunteer to help me? I've only traveled once via plane & it makes me really nervous. I really love the idea of meeting up with people at the airport and traveling the last bit with others.

I'll also need ideas etc about camping. There's no way I'm going to all the trouble of going to FL to stay in a modern tent or (gods forbid) a hotel, but I'm of course also a girl & there's the entire question of girls at the camp etc. Luckily there is still time to figure all that out.

Anyway, long winded way of saying, I put it on the plan. Yippie! :huh:

:blink: Ah, you are quite close to us! We are only 15minutes from O'Hare - should our schedules work out, we'd be happy to be your traveling support group!

I wonder if Archangel is going?

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Closer to the date I'm going to need a bunch of travel help

Kinda good thing that we started the PiP camping threads early.... :lol: So what you'll need to camp at the Fort will be discussed way in advance....

As for being a girl type, Silkie had no problem... We just act mean and nasty...

Packing and flying isn't that much of a hasstle, there are just some obvous rules for flying with weapons (ALL weapons must be in checked baggage...)

And some tips for once you get to Key West, and how to get out to the Fort... (the bus only gets you within about three blocks away... Ask Silkie :huh: )

Well, since my own weapon is my wit, Mr. hand, I think I can safely fly with it on me :lol:

Mary, yes please keep me in mind. We'll see what can be worked out as the time approaches.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Well, since my own weapon is my wit, Mr. hand, I think I can safely fly with it on me :lol:

"I knew Chole was flyin' defenseless, didn't think she were silly enough t' advertise it!"

(Just teasin', luv. Anyone who thinks she is defenseless, is likely t' get themselves beat wit' a foam cudgel.)

As for being a girl type, Silkie had no problem... We just act mean and nasty...

...(the bus only gets you within about three blocks away... Ask Silkie :huh: )

The lads were quite accommodating, helped me put up my leaky canvas and all!

As to the fort being just 3 blocks away from the bus stop ...well, it was. but the driveway is about 3 miles by itself! :lol:

Brace yourselves lads....

With the Re-enactor Fest III now on the same weekend as PiP, you are probably going to see some folks backing out of PiP (mostly since RFIII is targeting east coast re-enactors, and a good portion of the east coast's pirates live in the North East.)

Fortunately, there is still time to plan, and re-plan.

But I am guessing that the Head count is going to change.

greg

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

It would be sad to see some go... but our crewe will pick up the slack for Harry and make his vision come true regardless.

We don't do different periods and are having a blast forming our impression of 1680 Port Royal so Gettysburg holds no excitement to us. Sorry that many of you won't be able to enjoy a rousing discussion of period politics while slugging down some onion soup from the times.

It will be interesting to see who bails though... Who here be jumping ship?

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

reneactor fest might be a lot closer to me but i am a pirate not a cival war buff nor WWI or WWII and i'm planning on coming down as a suttler ....so i'll wave at gettysburg as i drive by on route to KW .....i'm sure there will be other times or events that i can do closer to home but there is only one PIP in KW!!! :D:D:D:D:D

:D

Would nae miss PIP fer the world, Gods be willing. asides florida sounds much nicer then PA in teh end o November ;)

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

I am $100 shy of my PIP ticket. As soon as I can purchase I will post again. Though we are also kicking around renting a van for the E Coasters. Walk, fly, drive, crawl, sail *sigh*...I'll be there

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

reneactor fest might be a lot closer to me but i am a pirate not a cival war buff nor WWI or WWII and i'm planning on coming down as a suttler ....so i'll wave at gettysburg as i drive by on route to KW .....i'm sure there will be other times or events that i can do closer to home but there is only one PIP in KW!!! B)B)B)B)B)

<_<

Well said sir. I'd take KW over anything in the NE anytime.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

After giving this some serious thought, I've come to the following "realizations"....

My attending anything that weekend is and will be in serious doubt until probably October...

But given the choice, I will still prefer to go to PiP. I'd rather be out doing the re-enacting rather than at a conference discussing it. The RF conferences sound great, and I do very much want and plan to attend one some day, but given the choice between getting out and re-enacting, and going to a conference about re-enacting... I am a doer...

It is nice to know that if I am unable to travel far that weekend, there is something close to home that will be very enjoyable that I will be able to go to.

I guess it is win/win for me.. :ph34r:

Michael_banner.jpg

I don't think we will lose to many Pyrates to the Reenacter-Fest, Blackjohn has already posted that it's too far for most of the people in Pyrate Breatheren, so some of them might or might-not have come anyway.....

I think the only person we will lose is Kass.... The Reenacter Fest is a much better market for her stuff.... it's unfortunate tho... I would have liked to meet her, and now have to figure out what I'm going to do for coffee in the morning...... ;)

On one hand, my love of my morning coffee is screaming in hopes that if Kass does not come, that someone does a coffee stand in her place... (I am a real jerk in the morning until I have had coffee)

But on the other hand, it would kind of feel like someone was stealing her thunder and her ideas...

Either way, has she officially made any decision yet? or has she spoken her own mind on this? Or is this mostly based on speculation at the moment?

Michael_banner.jpg

that someone does a coffee stand in her place.

One of the food vendors sell coffee..... but I'd rather walk into town and get some that's better.....

Or is this mostly based on speculation at the moment?

Just speculation right now.... But I think she would have a much better market at the Reenactors Fest, then at PiP... It would be nice if she made it to PiP...

As Patrick says, we had no plans on doing PiP, and fwiw, I feel like a scrub for not coming. I would really like to be able to support you folks with men and firepower.

For the record, PiP is an event I have always wanted to do (especially considering its proximity to my birthday... who could pass up a drunken pirate birthday!). But alas, it just is not written in the cards for this year. Someday, yes. This year, no.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Patrick,

I guess like many things, us die-hards will just tackle things like coffee duty on our own. It seems there are always those who dream and there are those who do and we'll just make do like always. There will be coffee by god!!!!!! Damn those with the tea.

Sorry you can't make it Blackjohn. Perhaps someday we'll get to mee ya!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Although PiP was not in the plans for the Archangel crewe this year any way, sorry we are that RF3 is conflicting with such a grand event as PiP. Unfortunately two crew members are on staff with RF events so we need to be there this year, BUT with that in mind, the sooner we know your dates for next year, the harder they can work at making sure there is no future conflict... not only does the crew wish to attend PiP next year but so do the spouses! And when they want to go, half the battle of getting there is already won! :lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

patrick (et. al.) i have a serious jones for coffe m'self and i will have a coffee pot that i keep going most o' the day for at least 12-15 hours and i will also have french press pots for those who like a bit of the finer brew ...so don't fear about coffee ...i also have a good turkish hand grinder :lol::lol::lol:

That's a good question. Harry, when are the dates for 2008 since the usual metrics would place the Thursday before at Thanksgiving in 2008. Would the event revert to Dec. 5 through 7th instead of continually moving earlier?

Callenish and Patrick - I stumbled on some great resources for coffee during the time period so I think we may convert the Port Royal encampment from a tavern setting to a coffee house to reflect the period since Kass is headed to RF. Seems coffee was more popular than tea back then anyway.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

:lol: What!!! RFIII conflicting with PIP?? Being one of the few who has been to both PIP and RFII, I would much rather go the over 3,100 miles for PIP, then the 30 minutes for the Chicago RF. Even though a few pyrates are trying hard, RF is not really much of a pyrate event. RF is not even a very good 18th century event, both Oshkosh and Kalamazoo are bigger and better for (close to) our time period. I disagree with Patrick, while RFIII may have more people, everyone at PIP will be looking for what Kass has. She might sell much more at PIP. Had she been at PIP the times I was there, I would have bought from her. If she is at a future PIP and I am there, I will buy from her. Every time I have been to PIP I have listened to venders grone about poor sales, but almost all of what little if any pirate merchandise they had was hollywood at best. Most of the stuff was better for a Ren Faire. A little like trying to sell baseballs at a football game. So far on this thread not one person has change their mind about PIP because of the RF debacle. I can only hope this holds true for the sutlers as well.

WOH.....

since Kass is headed to RF.

I was just guessing that Kass would go to the reeanctors Fest instead of PiP.... it seamed to me that that would be a better market for her.....

Untill Kass says anything..... we (I) don't know....

I don't wanna start a rumour here...... I was just quessing......

On Coffee....

I kinda liked walking into town to have my morning (and very nessicary) cup of coffee.... it gave me a break before the Pyrate activitys started.... having a coffee house would be cool, and I'd support it.... but I still like the option of walking into town in the morning, going to the coffee shop that I've gone to for the last three years and having my cuppa coffee........