Roll Call 2007

William Brand

The Port Royal Encampent would be great. Thanx!

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Otherwise, I'd have to hunt you down, Master Studley... :)

Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Glad to see you will be attending, Caraccioli!

I'm looking forward to it myself. I recently borrowed Master and Commander to remind myself what a proper doctor around the era (ok, a little later) would do and then to thought project him as being a shanghai'd doctor - and what he might do. :huh:

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I have added bloodydavycash and capt_sparrow to the tentative list for PIP.  I should be adding a few more very soon.

Thanks much, I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to actually see if I can pull off a week or so of vacation, I got to looking at the dates again. Most everyone will be trying hard to get vacation AFTER this, so it may very well work out in my favor. I usually work the Holidays, anyway, as I'm a heathen and have no immediate family , so I usually work and rake in the Holiday pay ! Lol... So it shouldn't be too hard to get this time slot approved. B)

BDC

• 4 weeks later...
Alright

After long debate......(id say about 2 mins) We are in  Rach  and My Self

one wedge some crates one seamans box...ect ect ect ect

I guess this means Scarlette and Fergus sail again! See you all down there!

:lol: Oh, and if there are any of you scallywags who are in the Tampa Bay Area let us know...I have a six seater pick up truck that I am willing to load up with people and suppiles.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that our numbers are looking ever so good this year, but I would like to take the time to push recruitment. We could never have enough good pirates at this event. The promise of 'atmosphere' at the encampments is making for a very exciting event this year. I can hardly wait to see Hurricane's Buccaneer camp, let alone the others. I'm still hoping to bring my brother and several others along.

Please invite people. And don't be afraid to approach people that you've never spoken to about pyracy. There are a great many people out there who would love this event and just don't know it yet.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I figure it's getting close to the time when I should be searching for the best price for airline tickets.....

I did a quick search, and can get from S.F. to Miami for about $317..... then take the greayhound down to Key West ($35 one way)

Or for about $70 more,(subtracting the cost of the Greyhound) I can just fly all the way to Key West....

My Boss is thinking of coming this year.... I told her that I will be camping at the Fort, and she said "that's OK... I'll be staying in a Hotel...." So we might have another "Guest" (She dosen't do Period stuff very well..... )

For those not following our 1680 thread we will be inside the fort again this year. Harry just relayed the update to us over the weekend.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Or for about $70 more,(subtracting the cost of the Greyhound) I can just fly all the way to Key West...

I suggest spending the $70 if you can swing it. It's much simpler and the view out the plane window is kinda' neat. Although you might meet some really interesting people on a Greyhound. To paraphrase Gregory McDonald (as I don't have his book handy to give you the proper quote) "Key West looks and behaves like the udder of America. There all the cream and crap collect."

:rolleyes:

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Thanks... but my Boss might also be going to PiP, so the travel arangements have changed.... I don't think she cares about saving a little money by taking Greyhound or carching a ride.... so we will probably just fly into Key West, then take a taxi to her Hotel....(then I'll go out to the Fort....)

I told Carol (my Boss) that I will be camping in the 1720 Careening camp, and she just said "that's OK... I'm staying in a hotel...." :(

August 1st. is just around th' corner..... I don't get my tickets untill about October......

Maybe "Reconfermation" would be better...... everyone that is going .... could post and say they are going..... and those that arn't sure, could let us know.....

Then you could up-date the list....... (hey... that's why we voted you quartermaster.......) :lol:

Starting August 1st, I should like to see confirmations for the Roll Call. Start buying tickets and sounding off.

I'm still intending to come, and reasonably confident I am coming, but I won't know for sure until some time in October as well... It really depends on the satte of things with the job/project....

As I will driving down (assuming all goes well), I don't have to worry about tickets.

Michael_banner.jpg

I got my ticket already. (They've only changed the routing twice so far.) Thanks to Michael, I also have the majority of my kit as well. :(

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG