pirates versus cowboys

Guest Angus MacVox

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like this question really needs to be answered.

Pirate boots for certain are much more attractive onna man than cowboy boot wif the spurs. Poor horses!

And *scoffs* jus' what do ye mean, Pitt or Depp? Tha' a question?? And Orlando Bloom counts... I say so. So does Jack, eh.

Would ye rather be hitchin' a ride wif a cowboy or preparin' to be boarded by a pirate?

Not a hard choice, thinks I.

Captain Wolfy Wench

Redd- pirates'll always win out, whether ye can 'salute your fellow gentlemen' or not (Double points and a gold star for the cute eumphemism! B) )

Cowboys have never been my thing. I live in Idaho. They're about as exotic and exciting as sagebrush and dirt.

The question of wise guys versus pirates is more interestin', but my vote still comes down squarely on the side of the pirates. I always wanted to play a mafia wife/girlfriend/member, but it's . . . lacking. Adventure is best served up on the high seas, or an island thereupon.

Cow pokes make too much noise when they walk with the jingle jangle jingle of the spurs n' all. And worst of all they're bow legged n' have boils on thar asses from too much saddle time.

We pyrates are stealthy, sneaky bastards who'll have a knife at Ringo's throat b'for he even touches his six shooter.....partner.

I'll take a HAR HAR HAR over a Y"ALL anytime thank you,

B) Black Jack

victors%20spoils.jpg

YER ANKLES WILL LOOK LOVELY BEHIND YER EARS LASSIE! HAR! HAR! HAR!

When I was a wee lad growing up in Nevada, Texas and Arizona, I always wanted to be a cowboy. Me parents tho said that me feet were to wide to be fitting in the boots being made for children so I never had a pair. Can't be a cowboy without a good pair of boots so I gave up on the idea. Now I be full grown with a good pair of pirate boots that fit like a glove, several sturdy swords, and a taste of the salt air. I tell ye now thar be no looking back for this rogue. Give me the sea and ye can keep the deserts and prairies. B)

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

Yes, but, Bruce Willis' immortal "Yippie-Ki-Yay-MF'er" has a certain appeal to it. B)

As does the clang of my cutlass....

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Speaking as a cowgirl, neither Bruce Willis nor Brad Pitt are real cowboys. An old Texas cowboy was my surrogate father and there was no better person on the face of this earth. As someone said earlier, it's the person who's wearing the clothes - not the clothes themselves.

I actually think they have more in common:

- they were always armed against danger

- they made their money after much hardship and danger

- they spent their money on women and drink

- they had their own code and way of life that only other cowboys/pirates understood

Oh, and there were plenty of cowboys that were rogues and criminals - who's to say that Billy The Kid and Captain Kidd weren't related? :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

to say that Billy The Kid and Captain Kidd weren't related?

Umm, interesting conclusion...and there might be some merit in it, but you've got the wrong pirate. Billy the Kid's real name was William H. Bonney. Maybe related to Anne instead?

Coastie :huh:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

who's to say that Billy The Kid and Captain Kidd weren't related?

Ye means they be not related??? All this time the pyrate school I be goin to told me Capn Kidd was Billy the Kid's pyrate Papi...

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

And then there's this odd observation:

I'm down with pirates. I think pirates have it figured out. There's nothing more exciting in life than gangplanks and treasure. But the thing about pirates that most people forget about is that pirates are more consistently like cyborgs than any other romanticized historical people. Being like a cyborg is cool. You got the hooks for hands. You've got the peg legs. There's only one little step left, and that's to replace the hooks and pegs into things like artificially intelligent weed whackers. Ok, so technology was more primitive back in the heyday of pirates, but I have a suggestion for all you pirates out there stuck in the 17th century: replace that eyepatch with a usable part. Obviously your peg-leg is useful. How about a peg-eye? Just wedge a pole in there, and you can smack people around just by nodding. Hollow it out and make a telescope. Headbang and play the drums, while leaving your arms free for other things, like beating up the second mate. Headbutting other people is that much more lethal. Or, hey, replace your eye with a hook instead. Then you can hang from the rigging and leave both hands free to tie knots and knife off invaders. Best eye replacement yet: install a small keg in that eye socket with a bamboo shoot in the bottom you can suck on. Then you've got a mobile dispensation unit for rum for when you're too busy keelhauling prisoners to hang out in the kitchens.

Rumors of my death were right on the money.

Cowboy:

Pistol

Pirate:

Pistol

Rapier/Sabre

Workin Knife

Do the Math.

Oh yes:

Cowboy:

A horse

Pirate:

A fleet of boats, and a hearty crew

'My own master, on like occasions, would buy a whole pipe of wine and placing it in the street would force everyone that passed him to drink with him, threatening also to pistol them in case they would not do it... and very oftern, with both his hands, he would throw these liquors about the street and wet the clothes of such as walked by, without regarding whether he spoiled their apparel or not, were they men or women.'

Both cowboys and sailors wear boots and hats, and work very hard. They both have their rogue elements. Perhaps we should be comparing rustlers and pirates. These are both the criminal elements of their professions. I prefer pirates to rustlers, because they are less dusty. A hot, wet pirate is much sexier than a smelly, dirty rustler any day. :ph34r:

Jannet nyk Donnachie

The Pyrate Queen

• 4 months later...