pirates versus cowboys

Guest Angus MacVox

yo ho yo ho a pirate's life fer me!

i'd pick pirate meself, but fer history class... we had te make a song, so i based mine off captain slappy's. (with alteration)

(this is me cowboy song fer school)

IM A COWBOY!

A cowboys life is free from strife

his journey to begin

without a troubled nagging wife

keeping him from sin

i've got my saddle

i've got my reigns

a compass and a mule

a partner i call big bad fern

and my horse is like a jewel

im a cowyboy!

now dont give me no lip

or i'll cause some trouble to yer camp

and then u'll have a fit

lol... so i passed that...

thanks Cpt. Slappy!

Cabinlass Maggie :lol:

It'll be the rope's end for that one, me bucko.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yee-HAW, Rosalinda! awesome song, Maggie...! being as I'm both a pirate AND a cowboy, I'm torn... prolly gotta lean towards cowboy, though, as most summers are spent helping at my wife's family's cattle ranch on the Idaho / Wyoming border... still haven't had the chance to board an enemy ship for real, though... :lol:

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Truly it COSTS ALOT more to be a pirate.., and people will look at you like youve lost yer mind., and maybe ye ave aye".

Anyone with a Budwiser an a Cowboy hat drivin an old ford pickup can lay claim to being a cow poke.?

It just doesnt work that way hoofin' down the road in a Chevy Astro and a Tricorn.., yer customers wouldnt wanna be payin ya., they call someone to remove you...., they just wouldnt get it..., Pirate is not acceptable..., THATS THE FUN OF IT...., BREAKING RULES!!!

But for those who can do it well and invest more and more and build there lives as a pirate.., (property *Beach*) and vehicles*boat*ship) a business ..., to afford being around the salty enviroment ...,over time........., same as a cowboy would buy an feed a horse., buy a farm an barn. ..,NO...., the Pirate is the one.

Those that do the pirate......, well........, nothing can really compare., if you need too...., maybe yer not there yet?

:rolleyes: HarborMaster :ph34r:

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Anyone with a Budwiser an a Cowboy hat drivin an old ford pickup can lay claim to being a cow poke.?

:rolleyes:

Clearly, you've never been around a real cowboy. I think they're becoming an endangered species.

Also, we're comparing professional cowboys to pretend pirates, as real pirates are packing machine guns and stealing large yachts and cargo. Or are we comparing drug-store cowboys to dime-store pirates? Or real cowboys to real pirates? Or fake cowboys to real pirates?

So, it was an absurd comparison to begin with, really.

But back to the original question: Pirates versus cowboys, I'd still take the cowboy over a pretend pirate, unless the cowboy in question was also a pretend pirate, then you're talking a two-fer deal and that's a whole separate issue. Plus, cowboys don't stay all rummed up all the time, so there's that. I know, it's fun to talk about chugging mass quantities of rum, but in real life, I prefer sobriety more often than not.

Whatever the preference, I think it has to do more with the spirit of the thing than the actual thing itself. Having said that, the two are very much alike, I think.... just people looking for adventure.

I'd still take the cowboy over a pretend pirate, unless the cowboy in question was also a pretend pirate, then you're talking a two-fer deal and that's a whole separate issue.

:rolleyes: Cheers, darlin'! Here's to jingling spurs, smoky pool rooms, and Chris LeDeux, as well as to clanking cutlasses, smoking cannons, and "Yo ho ho, and a bottle of rum!!"

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Aye Captain Morgan! I toast t'yer summary! :D

Real cowboys be a dyin' breed. After seein' the movie Hidalgo, I been rememberin' all me landlubber days in the saddle. And the description of "cowboy coffee" be absolutely correct! :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Gimme a sexy Pirate Captain a la Johnny Depp any day!

I have no disrespect for the American cowboy, in fact I really do see the sex appeal. I just like a bit more polish on my men, and generally a better accent. That midwestern y'all thing ain't sexy. Of course I'm basing this on stereotypes, not individuals.

I'm way more of a James Bond gal than a John Wayne one, essentially. :)

Vote one for Pirates!

-Jennifer

"Let them eat cake. No wait, kill 'em all instead, and plunder the cake for yourself. Mmmmm, cake. . ."

Leave us look at the facts....

COWBOYS:

A Cool Football team, Have tried to rid a region of spaniards, Wear Boots, Wear hats, Smell like Stables, Drinks Whiskey, are as about as grammatically correct as my spelling, Have no real foundation or Belief structure other than a can a chaw, and some whiskey...

PIRATES:

WORLD CHAMPION FOOTBALL TEAM IN ONE SEASON

Have Rid Regions of not only Spaniards, but Dutch, English, French, and anyone else In the way, Wear Boots, (Usually Stolen) Hats, (Ususally from Dead Dutch, French, Spanish, English Captains) Can Spell their names with one breath. Believe in the all for one, and one for me Principle, Have lotsa fun being what they are, Own many Islands or Boats or a combination of both, Know when to say when, Have Milk, and Live life to the fullest.

No Comparison.

:lol: I like the piratecaptainmorgan's description...

As to the cowboy 'cannon'... well, uncannily, it seems to be something which blows lots of smoke, makes lots of noise, but has no balls! :D

Pirates!Pirates!Pirates!Pirates!Pirates!Pirates!

You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough.

William Blake (Proverbs of Hell , (1790))

Cowboys got balls!

Aye they do....BUT.....Pirates have BIGGER balls!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Igniting the fire but rising above the flames

Cowboys don't have swords!

^_^

BLACK SKOT ---(BLACKIE)

"Quarter" Master

Pyrates of the Coast

"Permit me aboard and I'll be takin' over yer ship...

Don't permit me aboard and I'll still take over yer ship"

piratecaptainmorgan, beggin' yer pardon but yer description shows ye don't know about the cowboy way.

Cowboys be very spiritual - they believe in the land, the wind, and the water; they believe a good horse be the best and only possession worth havin'. They be fair-minded and will do the right thing even if it be detrimental t'them. They carry knives (bowie or buck) instead o'swords. They use rope in a different way than pirates, but with the same amount of skill required.

They be free spirits who go their own way, don't try t'tell noone how t'live their lives, are polite t'women and children, like animals, and actually have good relations with Native Americans. And contrary t'television and movies, many cowboys were black.

As far as readin' and writin' I think both pirates and cowboys were probably illiterate.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

This is an absurd comparison for sure., And THERE ARE PIRATES ABOUT for Real., matter of fact they are global and thats not pretend., and that is TODAY. Plenty in south east asia ! I know !

Is this the Cowboy Pub?

No I do not know a "Real Cowboy"

Yes we have weekend Cowboys and we do have weekend Pirates....,

I still say if you wanna Play BIG TIME COWBOY., ITS ALOT CHEAPER THAN PLAYING BIG TIME PIRATE..., Have you bought a ship lately?

Did you know Moorage is more than most will pay in taxes this year..., they charge you by the foot.....,

What was that?.,

The differance between men an boys is the price of there toys ?

Well then there ya go ! Think about it in dollars an cents..., Playin pirate for cutesy is one thing., but playin it on the level of Royaliste or L.Washington., or Compass Rose or The Hawaiian.., well Playin Cowboy is

alot more feasable for the common workin man no doubt about it.

So Cowboys Fire 55 gallon barrels ?

It doenst really look like a cannon to me....?

I would go to a cowboy forum., but I dont want too.

A Civil War Cannon..., now that too was a cannon but even it was before the cowboy....., I admit YoungGuns was a hip movie., but only because of the character actors we all know and enjoy.., Cowboys are great if your into them ^_^ ......, Pirates are great if your into those ^_^ ....,

Theres room for everyone on the net., theres probably a cowboy forum somewhere that people can go to to remenise about eatin beans round a fire at a www.somewhere I am sure. ^_^

Hi diddley dee its the Pirates life fer me....., :)

Dumb diddley doo its the $*&@#%^ life fer you..., ^_^

Yall goin haf ta guess that part.............LOL :o

HarborMaster

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

I'm with ya., I am just tryin ta stay afloat here an chime in now an again on this debate.

HarborMaster

Cowboys got balls!

Aye they do....BUT.....Pirates have BIGGER balls!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aye, and ours are IRON :rolleyes:

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered