Masonic Pirates

capnwilliam

How many MASONS be in this here Pub?

No, and don't ye be slingin' jokes about cement workers! I'm talking about the world's oldest and largest fraternal association, the Ancient, Free, and Accepted Masons.

Some believe there are connections betwixt the Freemasons and the Pirates, but I believe this to be far-fetched.

What think ye?

Capt. William

(In another context in life: Past Master, Past High Priest, Past Commander, 32nd degree KCCH)

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Greetings,

I am not a freemason, but I note that the oldest datable representation of the hallmark of freemasonry is handinscribed on a pewter plate from the Whydah.

Another bit of artifact graffiti--this time found carved on the bowl of a large spoon, has been identified as a cable-tow by some Masons who have seen it.

Regards,

Corsair

Not one...wouldn't mind bein' one...but even if I were, would it really be wise ter admit it so openly?

Not one meself but I am in the O.E.S.

Redd Oktober, a true Mason can not openly ask someone to be a one or to join. I can tell you that 'cause I'm a lady.

Some people might have seen a bumper sticker--To B 1-ask 1 with the masonic emblem. That's what it means, someone

has to ask to join.

Of all the Masons that I've known in me life-they would admit to it freely. Any questions, ask me. If'n I don't know the answer, me's find it for ye.

Yer right, Red Heather. There's a non-solicitation rule; however, the rule itself is honored only in a technical sense: as a Mason, I can't say to my friend, "John, I would really be honored if you would petition to join our fraternity." But I can say, "you know, John, Masonry's a great organization, and I bet you would really enjoy being a member!", and let him make the decision to ask me how to go about joining, if he's interested.

There's really nothing secret about being a Mason - look at the guys - like me! - who wear Masonic rings, neckties, cufflinks, etc. On the other hand, I've never told my mother that I am a Mason, since she's very Catholic and comes from the old school that says that Catholics shouldn't become Masons.

:lol:

Capt. William

Past Master, Past High Priest, Past Commander, 32nd degree Knight Commander of the Court of Honor

Jannet nyk Donnachie

The Pyrate Queen

Aye, Mates, I didn't realize that me Mate, The Pyrate Queen, was signed in when I posted the last message (on her account): tis Capt. William who's the Mason, not his lovely lady, the Pyrate Queen!

:lol:

Mate Corsair, could you post those Whydah pics that you alluded to?

:o

Capt. William

Aye, Mates, I didn't realize that me Mate, The Pyrate Queen, was signed in when I posted the last message (on her account): tis Capt. William who's the Mason, not his lovely lady, the Pyrate Queen!

:huh:

Mate Corsair, could you post those Whydah pics that you alluded to?

Capt. William

Greetings, Cap'n William!

Dunno how yet--I am just now learning uploads and what-not.

Regards,

Corsair

Aye, shipmate, I understand: First Mate Jan has to help me with everything computerish; I know how to send e-mail, search the Internet, and do word processing, but am a complete loss at all the graphic stuff!

Capt. William

Speaking of Masonry: I spent the weekend in Shreveport, LA for a ceremony (I was part of the degree team) conferring the Knight Commander of the Court of Honor on 28 Scottish Rite brothers.

:o

Capt. William

i be not a member of the Scottish Rite in Shreveport but belong to everything else. Wish i had known you would be there, we could have met Sunday for lunch. Let us know if youre ever down here in the future.

Aye. Mate Thomas, more's the pity that we couldn't throw the grapplin' hook over! First Mate Jan and I headed back to New Orleans around 1000 AM, but we'd have stopped and met ye fer lunch had we known.

Well, now that we know there be a Masonic pirate in Shreveport, we'll have to work on gettin' up that way again!

:)

Capt. William

Aye. Mate Thomas, more's the pity that we couldn't throw the grapplin' hook over! First Mate Jan and I headed back to New Orleans around 1000 AM, but we'd have stopped and met ye fer lunch had we known.

Well, now that we know there be a Masonic pirate in Shreveport, we'll have to work on gettin' up that way again!

:)

Capt. William

would be a pleasure to entertain such as you. Let us know next time you will be in and we'll have a get together.