Skip Henderson

I did a search but there were no recent threads, so's I figured I'd put in my two doubloons on the matter B)

This CD and the man behind it are quite literally amazing, I cannot get enough of nearly every single track

Though my favorites by Far are "The Mermaid", "General Taylor", and "Billy Bones"

;)

Skip Henderson's MySpace Page

That should give you a fairly good taste of his work

Information on the man and his crew can be found here

Skip's Homepage

Purchase, one of the best places anyway can be found here at:

DeadMenTellNoTales.com

Still as I said, its one of the best albums of pirate music that I've ever had the fortune t'lay me grubby little fingers on

:)

I recommend it to all!

B)

We've sailed and raced with Skip for many a year as Master Mariners in SF, but regarding his music, we play his CD, 'Billy Bones and other ditties' as background at most all Tallship events we appear at... He's a fine old salt, and it was good to hear his 'Two Hornpipes' in POTC II...That's all I'm sayin' for now, eh?

:o

ROYALISTE Raidin' the Southland, Moored on Skull Creek.....

Iron Jack and I accompany Skip and his band every once in awhile at Speisekammer and it is a heck of a lot of fun. He is a treasure trove of chantey songs from all over the world. During the Tall Ship Festival in San Francisco, he and I were touring the Pallada, a Russian vessel when, as soon as he could find a place to sit down, he unpacked his melodica and started playing Russian chanteys and folk songs for the sailors on the ship.

If you don't have Billy Bones and Other Ditties - GET IT NOW. He's working on another CD, but I don't know when that one will be done.

RHJMap.jpg

• 1 month later...

Recently ordered, received and listened to "Billy Bones and Other Ditties." Fun, jolly disk, this! I have heard snippets of the title song before and knew I wanted to own the whole piece, and discovered that "Dead Men Tell No Tales" sells his music along with the pirate cutlass I needed for an upcoming show. This is a great collection for those of you who like burly, authentic sea-tunes sung by a veteran. I recommend this recording highly.!

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com