Pyrate Camp 2007

Patrick Hand

Dang... what I wanted to post befor I got side tracked..... other post and such...

I've thought about it.... Sea Chest were that size because that was wher you kept everything you owned.... to make a sea chesat smaller for ease of UPS shipping.... dang ...WRONG.....

OK... so If I make it.. I can figure out how to ship the thing.....

So it's back to the idea....

I wanna Sea Chest... (and they were kinda big)....

If I can make it... I can ship it..... (or something like that......)(well... if you make it they will come... but not the same thing.....)

If I'm going to do something.... dang..... do it right.... (figure out the shipping latter)

Just so you know as you plan your sea chest. I just shiped my fairly modern sea chest (Army medical foot locker type thing) from NY to California for the ship I am on and it cost me a good $88! Of course I am here for six months so it is more worth it. If you are making a traditional one for yourself, would you consider making one for someone else?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rusty plans to bring a pulling boat and tarp over that next year.

On that note, I will need to put together a crew for my boat. I don't have a car/truck so the boat will need to be sailed or rowed down (no moter power). I do not have a boat yet, but most likely will be moving one from the Northeast if I obtain my own by then. If not I may try to boworrow one from Outward Bound in Key Largo, so would need help bringing it down. No experience necessary, I am an Outward Bound instructor, so with a completely green crew, I could teach you what you need to know along the way. If interested drop me a line and lets start networking and see what training we can get in before then. If anyone knows of a pulling/ long boat for sale let me know. If anyone would like to be an invester and part owner of a long boat contact me as well. I have access to a long boat here in the LA area and can get people out. We are just looking for an excuse to get it underway.