AFTER ACTION REPORT PIP 2006

Now I understand why this "lady" was so insistent on seeing Silkie! :lol: And, when I told her Silkie would be back later, I could see much disappointment in her expression because she wouldn't be around when Ms. Silkie got back...

Harry

Fort Taylor.org

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest MySpace Page

Master Hairbone's MySpace Page

-------

There is no more equitable judge than a cannon

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have picked up on something that I didn't, as I saw no reason not to recruit, just didn't think of it at the time. Mind you I may have had "ale goggles" on at the time...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

...when I told her Silkie would be back later, I could see much disappointment in her expression because she wouldn't be around when Ms. Silkie got back...

Harry, I think the disappointment was due to the fact that she walked from the other end of Duval street to the fort and then down that blasted driveway! ...and no RUSTY ...I was just an excuse to see him ...I think.

She has my email address. She lives in NY. If she was truly interested in friendship she'll be in contact.

I don't know if she would make a good privateer. She was swatting at bugs above the ramparts ...there were no inscets ...too much wind! If she turnes out to be recrute worthy she'll have her pick of pirates and not the dud she walked off with. :lol:

It was fricken sticky.

OH... he said sticky.... not stinky :ph34r:

Note to self.... make another linen shirt so I can wash one and change shirts... after 4 days...I got smelling way too authentic.... :ph34r:

I don't know what the temperature was.... but it was way to hot to be wearing a wool jacket......even at night.

Temperature was 87+, humidity at 95% and above. I've never had tobacco get so wet I couldn't get it to burn. Or have canvas turn green in the sun.

On Monday the weather moderated.

I think this is happening because we piss off the weather gods by burning the hurricane flags.

3ff66f1f.jpg

Our crewe brings the curse, I think.

Our recent travels

Bald Head Island in NC - it was 106

Fort Meyers Beach festival - 100

Puerto Rico - just damned hot

Clearwater - 90

Each time the weather forecast was for cool - in the 70s (outside of PR)... and it turned out damned hot each time.

Thank god for the drink of period pirates everywhere - beer.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

So maybe instead of burning the Hurricane Flag, they should just burn Hurricane to get better weather?

Greg

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

They tried to throw me off the Schooner WOLF instead of the iconic hurricane - I would have made a really nice ker-plub, loaded with weapons and such.

My own crewe blames me as well for the heat... but I'm the one that has the problem taking it - a Northwest boy who hasn't gotten used to the tepid tropics. So the joke (and heat rash) is on me.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

I'm a little behind in posting here, but I feel compelled to respond to Silkie's comment about charging tourists for photos.

I like to think we're out representing the fort when we're in town... and especially for those who are taking advantage of the kindness of Harry to allow us to camp there and save $$$ We should offer ourselves for photos. I know our crewe posed for literally hundreds of pictures as we strolled around town. We never asked for money, but we used each opportunity to invite people to the fort to enjoy the rest of the festival....

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

That was a jest, love. We all talked about how much we could make if we charged a buck, a comment on how many tourists posed with us over the weekend. No real intention of doing so ever arose nor will it ever as far as I am concerned unless there was a special station/backdrop and the proceeds went to the Fort. Then maybe.

3ff66f1f.jpg

I don't thing the Callahan's are back home quite yet. I've emailed them and have been checking their web site for pics. So far nothing. I'll give them another week and give a ring and see what's up.

Harry

Fort Taylor.org

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest MySpace Page

Master Hairbone's MySpace Page

-------

There is no more equitable judge than a cannon

As much as it pains me to say this and disagree with the captain of the Watch Dog, I think the later year would be better.

I am, as many of you know, still learning, but is there really THAT MUCH difference in the 16 years between 1704 and 1720? (PM me on this one if you will.)

Those of us on the 'Dog could still reminisce about the "good o'l days" in 1704 while living in 1720. Additionally I want to learn it all eventually and this would force me to study ...or find someone who knows better.

:lol::lol::lol:

Heck, it actually works well for me since my character is 20 in July of 1704 and in Dec of 1720 I would be ...36 ...that's just a BIT closer to how old I will be anyway :lol:

Just a note - Harry reiterated the open period in the other line of posts. Any number of interpretations will be accommodated in the 1675 to 1725 period... Again, it's in the other thread.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny