newbie crusin to pip...

Paisley

tyring to convince a friend to take a cruise with me in dec...just so happens the cruise stops in key west for 1/2 a day...

would like to meet as many mates as possible!

also requesting things we must do or see. (remember we are very limited on time, i think we are in port from 7am-2pm)

:( any bets that we'll be the only mates on our ship in our pirate garb?...lol :(

thanks...

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

A couple of things not to be missed are the Don Maitz pirate art exhibet scheduled for the Old Customs House Museum, And the Mel Fisher Treasure Museum. Both are within very easy walking distance of where the cruise ships come in. Hopefully you arrive during the festival and can meet some of the crew. There will be a lot going on....

>>>> Cascabel

tyring to convince a friend to take a cruise with me in dec...just so happens the cruise stops in key west for 1/2 a day...

But didn't you say sailing or were you speaking figuratively?

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

we might be on royal caribbean's majesty of the seas...or one of carnival's ships...not sure yet

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Tryin to take the "love boat" to the Keys? Remember there are really only 3 types of people who travel on cruise liners, the Newlywed, the overfed and the nearly dead. Just make a note of it.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Outside of the Pirates in Paradise activities, I would also recommend the Conch Train and the Wrecker's Historeum. The train is very touristy but it will let you see parts of the town that you wouldn't ordinarily see - and you can get off one and get on another is someplace interests you - there's many parts to Key West beside Duval. And the Wrecker's Histroeum, just across from the aquarium, is a little bit theater and a good collection of the wreckers booty. Plus you can go all the way to the top of the tower and get a good look around at the town.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

There's at least two tall schooners there. I've heard there is a third, but never saw it. The confirmed schooners are the Western Union and the Liberty. I heard that there was also one called Wolf. That might be a fun pre-cruise sail.

Coastie ;)

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

there's many parts to Key West beside Duval.

Like what??? I mean Duval, bars, bars, and more bars, what else could a sailor want?

depending on what day we arrive...i would hope to think (even if i was a die-hard pirate) that the bars would not be open at 7:30am ...lol...

so it leaves me to the other stuff *snicker*

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

The bars close in Key West? I thought they stayed open 24/7. Maybe tthe trip better be kept for somewhere that the bars do stay open... Naw, I have to go there because they have my favorite lace-up shirts and I have been waiting for years to remember to buy a Rum Runner's t-shirt. Maybe this will be the trip I remember the Rum Runner's t-shirt, maybe not.

The WOLF is the flagship of the Conch Republic - she will be taking part in all the activities at the festival this year, including the sea battles. Been aboard 'er many times with Capt. Finbar. And when you book passage on a civilian run, it's all you can drink - beer, wine and champagne...

And yes, there's many more things to do in Key West than drink. I just prefer to drink. I like Captain Tony's, the Green Parrot, Ricks... that's enough to get you started - don't miss the Key Lime Shooters at the Hog's Breath. Sloppy Joes, OK, probably the most tourist oriented... but many like it.

Don't forget to get a Slurpy from Hell at Fat Tuesday - helps beat the heat - go for the special with the high octane test tube floater.

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Killin' with kindness, lass. Yeah, that works. More than happy to help out a fellow mate in pursuing fun in the sun.

Look forward to seeing you while yer in port. We'll hoist one at Captain Tony's and toast to adventures had and those to come in our respective courses. Me and the rest of The Pyrates of the Coast will be happy to meet up with the likes of ya. We'll get Sloe Gin or Lolly to pop for a round - that's what crewe are for... that and sharin' the booty.

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Such a shame, too! I bought everyone a round....

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

What day of the Pirates in Paradise Festival will you arrive? Different things are happening on different days. Plus how will we know when/where to meet you?

Blackheartedly yrs,

--Jamaica Rose

"It's better to be bloodthirsty than anemic."

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

miss rose....

i will be there dec 2nd from 10am-6pm. will be sailin in on royal caribbean's majesty of the seas. she might not be a tallship, but she floats!

i'll msg you my cell if you wish ma'am. so we be sure to meet. :lol:

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg