Find my way here from a distant port

Lilith

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't have to worry about that until my brother's kids come over on Christmas Day. As for your cats, they are very well behaved.

Lilith - Commander of The Tartarus

"God did not hold back from punishing the angels that sinned, but, by throwing them into Tartarus, delivered them into pits of dense darkness to be reserved for judgement."

As for your cats, they are very well behaved.

Aside from Selena stealing pillows in the middle of the night, Caleb using the stairs as a scratching post when he wants to be chased, and Jack Jr. playing hockey with my wife's spools of thread, yes. They're well behaved for being spoiled brats. B)

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Thank you for all your kind words of welcome everyone...

Gosh, there are a lot of interesting people and outgoing people here about.

Thank you, Mad Jack, Mad Matt, False Ransom, Cheeky Actress, Captain Sterling, CrazyCholeBlack, Kass, Jacky Tar...(gee, I hope I haven't forgotten anyone :lol: ) for making me feel a bit more relaxed and at home here.

Grab the drinks of your choice...Champange, False Ransom? Odd drink for a Pirate, don't you think?

And by the looks of the friendly banter, the lot of you know each other quite well, (or am I assuming too much)?

As for the question which Capt'n Sterling asked of me: "So what undiscovered territory do ye still wish to explore?"

I would have to say EVERYTHING about this hobby.

Got bitten by the Pirate bug back when Cut Throat Island came out. Yes, I know not the best movie to referrence pirates by but it was a start. I've live by water most my life because my Dad was in the Navy...but really never fancied it until I got the bug. Now I snatch up anything I can regarding the topic. It's funny. I found this site by spelling pirates wrong :blink: .

I hope to be able to learn from better sources and perhaps make a few chums along with way!

(Raising Glass)...To you Mates!

"God did not hold back from punishing the angels that sinned, but, by throwing them into Tartarus, delivered them into pits of dense darkness to be reserved for judgement."

Welcome to you, Madame. A fine subject of interest you have chosen and may it give you as much pleasure as it has the rest of our lot. As a suggestion, you may wish to procure a text called Under The Black Flag by David Cordingly. A wonderful primer on the subject and quite enjoyable to read.

Enjoy your stay....Oh....and mine tithe to be collected? A glass of Cuvee Du Cent-Cinquanternaire, s'il vous plait. Merci, Madame. :blink:

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

As for the question which Capt'n Sterling asked of me: "So what undiscovered territory do ye still wish to explore?"

I would have to say EVERYTHING about this hobby.

Then I suggest you may wish to start your reading in Captain Twill... There are numerous delightful threads at the pub, but that is where most of your history can be found...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

And by the looks of the friendly banter, the lot of you know each other quite well, (or am I assuming too much)?

Thars a big combination o how people know each other round ere. Some are in crewes together, some have met at events, some are in some of the RPG threads together, some get to know eachother through PM's or phone calls or the chat (when it's werkin). tha one thing we all 'ave in common is that we're all friendly n always willin ta add another ta tha party.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Enjoy your stay....Oh....and mine tithe to be collected? A glass of Cuvee Du Cent-Cinquanternaire, s'il vous plait. Merci, Madame. :blink:

(Tongue in cheek)...Very well...a bottle of ...of that stuff for you!

I will take your suggestion regarding the book to heart.

s'il vous plait. Merci, Madame.

There are numerous delightful threads at the pub, but that is where most of your history can be found...

Yes, I've been picking over the bits there since yesterday. Oh, there is so much to take in.

It is a good start and a lot of pictures to boot...which is always helpful.

some are in some of the RPG threads together

Sorry CrazyCholeBlack, but what is the RPG threads?

some are in some of the RPG threads together

Sorry CrazyCholeBlack, but what is the RPG threads?

Role playing threads... such as The Watch Dog, Port Royal Jamaica, and I believe False Ransom has started a new one... Relentless and Rakehell (or perhaps the other way round, beggin yer pardon Ransom).

You can find the above in Rabble Rousing...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Role playing threads... such as The Watch Dog, Port Royal Jamaica, and I believe False Ransom has started a new one... Relentless and Rakehell (or perhaps the other way round, beggin yer pardon Ransom).

Roll Playing? I'll have to go and check it out. Are there rules like staying in first person (or third person)? Hmm...sounds like fun!

Roll Playing? I'll have to go and check it out. Are there rules like staying in first person (or third person)? Hmm...sounds like fun!

Depends on the thread... you create your own character and "flesh" them out in the posts you write, trying to keep inline with the game's topic and whatever rules they have laid down... for instance in Port Royal, we try to keep it historically correct...ahem... but we have all taken our own personas and try to build on them there, so when we attend an event, we have a "history"... much easier to stay in character before the public then...

Crewe of the Archangel

...ahem...

...ahem...?

Watchdog is invite only if I recall correctly.

R&R and Pirate Hunters Smarter Brother are jump in the waters fine.

Best advise though is to read back a bit (if not the entire thread) so you know what's going on & who's who. That really helps you not only find your place in the goings on, but to "know" everyone.

Lookin forward ta seein ye around more Lilith!

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

For instance in Port Royal, we try to keep it historically correct...ahem... but we have all taken our own personas and try to build on them there, so when we attend an event, we have a "history"... much easier to stay in character before the public then...

I just popped over there and already feel completely intimidated by what I've read. :lol:

I would really have to give some thought to this process before I jumped in with both feet. It's been year's people!

Take your time, no rush... Dan R. joined Port Royal, posted a few simple items then came in and blew us all away! No one is expected to be a best selling author, just have fun with it... :lol::lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

Take your time, no rush... Dan R. joined Port Royal, posted a few simple items then came in and blew us all away! No one is expected to be a best selling author, just have fun with it... :lol::lol:

Oh Boy...you guys even have bio's to your Characters?!?

I just saw the link for that and read up on a few of them. I see that you are the Captain of the Archangel. How did you choose that name for your Ship?

I find it interesting that you have an assortment of people. You know, they aren't all pirates. I see an Actress, A Doctor/Rake, and oh and that Reggie Killingsworth sounds like a blast!

I guess I will have to give it a bit of thought and come up with my character's background as well as motive.

I just saw the link for that and read up on a few of them. I see that you are the Captain of the Archangel. How did you choose that name for your Ship?

Ack, you have to come up with the one question that would take forever to explain! :lol::lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

You are most welcome to join us. We do not bite....much. :lol::lol:

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

You do not Chere? **sigh** so much for the wedding night bit... :lol::lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

Reggie Killingsworth sounds like a blast!

aye, he really heated up the town didn't he.

Yeah, now I have to go shoot a hole in my good black coat to make it correct for the persona.... :lol::lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

People keep telling me this, but I don't think they understand what they are saying :lol: !

Where would I even beging?!

Right now you are all in the middle of a Hurricane. How the Hell would... :lol: ...never mind...

And Skittles will have your head on a pike! :lol:

I said we didn't bite....much. We collective is not I singular cher Sucre'. :lol::lol::lol: