Sexy clothing......fer men

Patrick Hand

OK... in another thread I was about to type a question... then realized it was

the wrong place to type it.......

Anyway.... It is kinda obvious how us sexist male pig dog's like women do be dressed :lol: (you'r dirty little minds can play wit' that one...... )

But Wot do th' women types find sexy fer a man do dress as...?

A long time ago Playgirl discovered that a nude male .... well it just didn't "work"..... it didn't look masculine enough.......

But understanding that there are some "strong Femenin" Types that post here...... ( the dirty mind be purly optional...... )

So Wot....? Other than Rocky in his busiere..... (ok spelled that wrong)

Wot "costume " (other than Pyrate)...... kindles yer loins........ :(

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... pondering this one deliciously for a bit....... Damn! I'm supposed t go to work now with all this distraction?! :o

Ok, without getting too deep.. depends on the guy.

(I can hear ye slapping yer forehead V-8 style on this comment LOL) :o

Boots.......not all men can carry em off but whether they're biker, plain black western tucked inside the jeans or pirate buckets there's just something about..boots, maybe it's the walk, (heads off into a saucy dream...) ::oops! sorry::

I think this started with watching westerns when I was young and all these dusty guys with their long coats and boots would walk in with the spurs chinging on the wooden floor..guns at their sides.. ::doh! lost me again!::

Very desert pirate like. I likke a guy who makes a little noise when he walks (as long as it isn't the swizz swizz of cordouroy ack!)

Anything masculine without being silly (No conan stuff lol)

same thing with an earring or earrings, if you can carry it off yum! A lot of men get weird about jewelry, but trinkets is trinkets and can add power and class - don't overdo tho.

Dreads or braids really long and cool work on some guys regardless of color, on certain guys they just look wild and powerful like you know he might just be a bit dangerous (not in a psycho way tho)

I live/work in NY where y see this a lot and have come to appreciate the look. At times it speaks of a different life that you might be curious about. I've never dated a guy with em tho.

That's part of the mystique of all of the things here.. a guy might be selling you insurance or paint, or on line buying babyfood in the supermarket but if there's a tattoo, earring, or some subtle hint of a whole other thing peeking out, it can be quite exciting.

Nekked? It can be sexy, depends on the situation and the angle heehee

turning around and finding your guy has just dropped trou to th ankles unexpectedly and is standing there grinning at you...nah not usually.

sorry guys but a fire needs stoaking first, that's just th way we're built~most of us anyway,,

Watching you stretched out and relaxed on the beach in the sun? Clothes or no, whee t's like a playground where does one start?! Same thing in the middle of the living room watching TV might not have the same effect.

I like the rugged looks the most, but then again a crisp suit and expensive cufflinks or watch..like Jeff bridges in Fabulous baker boys who mixes black tie and boots, open collars, hard liquor and being able to dance ::drifting...*sigh*::

um,,um or George Clooney, Brad Pit and Andy Garcia in Oceans 11- definately pull off the sleekness of hot in a suit. (and I've never been a Pitt fan). Same guys in a plain shirt and pants they might not be so exciting, but it shows how the clothes can make the man. Plus a little added attitude..confidence.. consider the difference between a woman in a work blouse and skirt with a sensible bag and shoes..

Then in a little black dress with heels and something sparkly around her neck.and a saucy confident smile...big difference

Personally, I never liked the baggy seat jeans or sweats.. like the guniea pig says in whatever commercial that was "shake what yer momma gave ya!" but they don't have to be skin tight designers a la Saturday night fever , just fit well.

Oddly slops can do the same so here I go contradicting myself LOL

I guess the rest of the garb is what makes them work. Again, its the manly thing.

Ye just gotta be manly, interesting and I think a bit unpredictable there's a lot of men in th world but there seems t be a shortage of "manly men in the good old fashioned style whether it be 007, pirate or patriot"

Well now that I have tortured you in the style of most women who frustrate men with their non straightforward answers :rolleyes::o

I bet you'll see many responses t yer post. I can't wait!

RedCat :(

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Oh and by the way Patrick, the fact that ye thought about it and asked is in itself sexy..

Whoops, almost gave the answer to what makes a man sexy, not what clothing makes the man sexy!

Any. Depends on the man and again it isn't just the clothing. Clothing is just the icing. ...just don't imagine myself licking off a flannel shirt. ::phottoo, thoughts of spitting out fuzz balls isn't appealing at all::

A well made suit and tie can make a scrawny guy look sexy.

Polo shirt and Dockers for a brawny man.

A muscular working man, like a contractor or a cowboy look great in work clothes. Flannel shirt and jeans. ...oooor in the summer, no shirt and jeans. Yummy!

Tall men look good in almost anything assuming they aren't too thin. I like tall men. Sinewy muscles. Mmmmm!

Now, assuming you are talking about the above average physique clothing is all it takes and I can enjoy a gander at a good set of ummmm... pick the muscle group. After all I am an artist.

The movie stars out there are attractive but it isn't the "garb" it is the character. I never liked Sean Connery as 007 but I have found many of his more recent characters extremly sexy. I have had a "crush" on Treat Williams since the late 70's when I saw hinm in hair. He had a Cro-Magnon unabrow and hair "down to there" I found something about him very attractive. I still do ...too bad he is on "Everwood" that show started out with such promise. ...I digress.

For the average guy, it takes more than clothing. Sorry guys. But that is only because the average guy is attainable. Eye candy is all fine and good but what a lady really wants is substinance. If you want more about that I think there is another thread somewhere abouts

Mine is pretty straight foreward, and hasn't changed over the years.

Fit body, flat stomach, hair a little long, low slung jeans, no shirt, bare feet. That sexy little V on a man's arm where the shoulder muscle (deltoid?) meets the bicep - yum. Height only an issue if he's shorter than me, 'cause I like to wear HIGH heels. And no perfume or aftershave that is so strong it fogs a mirror and gives me a headach. Tattoo's and piercing? ...if not done to excess. A nice celtic tribal armband around said V is pretty nice - but only if they have the arm for it.

As far as another era of costume...Cavalier if not overly lacy.

Of course, if he can ride a horse as well as Viggo Mortensen, that is a definate plus (I have two horses). Er, well, if he looks like Viggo as Strider, that's pretty nice too! :(

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Good thread, Patt!

The same sort of questions asked of the gents have resulted in pretty much the same type of answer: it depends. What looks good on one woman might not look good on another. Same goes for men. Although I must admit that just about every piratical type of garb looks good on my better half Iron Jack, but that's because he's such a dashing rogue...

DSCN0515.jpg

RHJMap.jpg

Ooh, Ooh.. I gotta admit.. fer costumin the odd gold tooth does give me th shivers..not sure why, it's just hot! B)

Now, now lads...

You canna go wrong with a Feileadh Mhor or the Great Kilt! <_<

(sigh)

Then all we Lass' do is pray for high wind. B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Leather pants are cool but only if'n he can feel them out. Personally for me? I adore a male in faded tight blue jeans with holes in the knees, Five O' clock shadow and long hair and no shirt.

But then on the other hand I like a very well dressed business suit *grins*

Or a Uniform..Did I mention the Marines were in my store for the Toys For Tots. lol A marine passed me and stopped then turned back and grinned at me winking at his fellows and said "I have a sword." Of course he was being naughty and I could not resist. I said "I have two" at this his fellows laughed and then I said "I also have two daggers." Boy what a discussion that turned into..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

LOL.. Siren, you held up our end of the comments fabulously.

two she said.. HA! :blink: Get em running and don't let up...

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

We have Air National Guardsmen who stroll around in fatigues, bulletproof vests and some of em are cute, they carry HUGE guns (AK-47's).

still a dress uniform is nicer. There's the odd cute cop..

You would think with 6 to 13,000 people a day passing through the terminal it would be dripping with attractive men ...nah

You do see some odd fashion satements in an airport tho. I like the guys who work outside. In the winter they come in with these big baggy coveralls, huge boots and wear their ear protection headsets perched on top of their heads making them look like big lumbering teddy bears standing on line at McDonalds..it always makes me smile. I'm probably the only one who sees them as that LOL

I think it comes down to ...Attitude...a guy can dress in most anything and if he has proper attitude

Self confidence

An air of decisiveness take control of situation round about him...

Hint or out and out bad boy (amount according to the lass)

Some visible ability to take care of himself and in further thought in m'mind those he would care about.

Inner strength and some hint of softness...see item above.

a certain style that seems right for him. He has to be comfortable in it...in his own skin...see item 1

A bit of allusiveness or mystery but not too much...

A touch of good-natured mischief.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Although I must admit that just about every piratical type of garb looks good on my better half Iron Jack, but that's because he's such a dashing rogue...

Aye lass, yu'll get no dissent from me on det matter. Judgin by det etchin uv im e's a fine lookin gent!

Again, I'm seriously easy to please.

Taller. Every guy I've ever fallen for has bee 6 foot or taller. I'm taller & it's nice to hit a guy right about his shoulder height.

Close cropped hair. Crew cuts are my weakness. Yes I have been known to stop total strangers just to do the bristle thing on a nice fresh hair cut.

Simple clothes. Things like jeans & a t. Nothing fancy, nothing that looks like he had to *think* about what he's wearing.

Lastly, spark. A sparkle in his eye, that little grin out of the side of his mouth. Does wonders for everyones looks.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Well that's quite true.. The way someone carries themselves and how they make others feel about themselves affects the way they are seen. It's like charmin a woman..a guy who can charm a woman will always seem more attractive than he might be. Look at some celebrities..pat and present, male or female. But still clothes can add to the image making someone more enticing, exciting etc...

Being the occasional magazine junkie (EX: Saturday morning with a cup o coffee a croissant and a buncha woman's magazines for entertaiment) I had read that if you look crappy because you're going thru somethimg at home or you just got over the flu ..smile and no one will notice. Well I tried it on a bad hair day with a cold, and people said I looked nice?! It was the smile.

• 2 months later...

flowing shirt and tights or breeches depending on era so long as he be comfortable in what he wears. clothing aside tis truely what be underneath that counts fer all.

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

It's kinda interesting, that most of the comments are about "Attitude".....

There are some preferences, But from what I've read so far, it's not what the guy is wearing, but the guy inside.......

Tis true, so true - it's what's inside that hooks me. :D The devilish sparkle in his eyes, the hint of a dimple (then I know I am really in trouble)! and if he is dressed in lovely black pants and a burgundy dress shirt ~ well, unhhh...

:D

hmmm? Whassat? Oh, excuse me - train derailed, no survivors, sorry.

Yes, it starts on the inside.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

The man has to...wear..clothing? ;)

*coughs and grins*

I am also of the mind that it's not the clothes that wear the man, but the man who wears the clothes. If he carries himself with an aire of confidence that draws positive attention, it matters not what he wears (or doesn't). ;)

If the clothes accentuate the positives on him though...that might be another subject all on its own. :blink:

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...