What does your avatar mean?

Caraccioli

Oh, yes! I had just watched that a year or so ago based on your recommendation.

A really interesting children's movie I saw recently was The Neverending Story. The puppetry was a tad hokey, but the idea behind the story was really cool. (Not unlike the idea behind A Wrinkle in Time, actually.)

The Neverending story was originally written in German as "Die Unendliche Geschicte" translated in 83, I got my hands on a translated first edition. A very interesting literary work and alphabetical chapter arrangement. Do yourself a favor an read the book. The theme is better developed in this format.

Alder

Alder.jpg

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Twain

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a celtic snowflake - my nickname - hence - lady snow's avatar

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

A really interesting children's movie I saw recently was The Neverending Story. The puppetry was a tad hokey, but the idea behind the story was really cool. (Not unlike the idea behind A Wrinkle in Time, actually.)

a wrinkle in time was one of my favorite books in grade school! B)

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Arr, me avatar? T'be Winston, o' course. I couldn't a-show ya what exactly be me motivation fer choosin' that image, but rest assured, hearties, it be thar fer a reason. Maybe I jest be choosin' it 'cause it be kooky. After all, I do be wanderin' 'roun' wif eyepatches o'er me eyes an' peg legs an' 'ook 'ands, all by me own volition, an' then I be complainin' 'bout it. Selectin' a flap-jaw Winston avatar jest follers naturally.

notgonnatakeit.gif

Silkie, m'lass! T'is been unct years! Not soo shure what "unct" be meanin', but th'maffematics be abstract anyhoo. T'is been a long voyage, an' it'll be slow fer me t'come back t'th'pub. On a volé ma voiture quand je suis monté la tour d'Eiffel, donc j'etais en France pour longtemps. Errrrr!

Madame McDonough, though rather jumbled, I believe what Monsieur is trying to say is thus...

He is taking flight to France to view the Eiffel Tower and therfore, will be away for a legnthy amount of time.

**cringe**

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Monsiour Van Der Bulge....

Ayez des vacances fabuleuses

Appréciez la tour Eiffiel..mangez de la crème brulée et the vin blanc!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Quoi? Je suis déjà allé à France, et mangé de la crème brulée et bu le vin blanc. J'ai les fait pour cinq mois. Personne a volé mon voiture (Quand je voyage je conduis. Même à travers l'océan.) à Paris, donc j'ai resté en France jusqu'l'on a retourné mon auto. Maintenant, je parle seulement français. Merde!

Merde ! ? Vous êtes allé à Paris et ne m'avez pas apporté la crème brulée ? Puits qui est ok. J'espère que votre bateau parlent français !

Ah.. er .. eh'm or summat like tha :ph34r:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

LOL!!!! ( I refuse to translate all that above....Merde, zut.) :ph34r::ph34r:

As to the Avatar....

It represents a line from a very old rhyme which began in old Europe and in original form refered to magpies. It is theorized that with the steady migration to the Colonies, that its' form was altered to crows. The rhyme/poem is rather obscure in origins, though most agree that it lies in England and was used as a form of fortune telling; ie. the number of birds counted dictated future events. ( Counting rhymes in general are believed to be thus. ) The number being "two" is noted as representing joy / mirth. There are many variations of the counting rhyme in question; some lines numbering seven others to higher numbers.

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Can't rember what I put for the answer last time but here goes.

Mine is the third national flag of the CSA with the red stripe reduced and a skull and cross bones placed in the center. As to what it means well I am a pyrate from the deep South and really wouldn't have it any other way. It is I admit some what obvious and I have yet to change it as well.... I like it. I still some times wonder if anyone here puts their own meaning and or feelings behind my avatar and come up with a lesser few of me. Odd that, as for the most part I could care less but I would feel bad if it led to some one feeling hurt and or less than welcome. ........... ?????????

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

• 1 month later...

Time for an update! (And a topic boost...)

First, we have Eugene the Jeep, who is a 4th dimensional creature that solves problems and always tells the truth:

And then there was Pan, the mischievous boy who never wanted to grow up:

And just today, I switched to Koehler. (I used this photo because I couldn't find an undead shot of him. Maybe I'll rip one off the DVD and change the shot.)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Caraccioli,

Thought you might like this monkey pic. It is a tat from the Sailor Jerry Navy Rum Website (me fav rum by the way). I just saw it last week and it cracked me up!

F_0036_t28.jpg

p.s. I think I also saw this tat using the belly button as the bung hole...lmao!

p.p.s...when you asked avatar do you mean the pic at the very far left of the screen or ones below in our posts?

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Black Anne Rose...Very cool. :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Black Anne Rose...Very cool. :o

Blushes deeply flattered :P

Nice ensign, Black Anne Rose! Ye may want to consider addin' it to the thread we've been collectin' others on in Plunder, called Post Yer Colors, Mate!

Thanks, I shall

ph34r.gifPirattitude

banner.jpg

The rose came alive,

Coloured deeply red,

The boy just arrived,

And as my heart, the rose wasn't dead.

• 3 weeks later...

Mines been either of myself or myself with Barbossa. :)

Currently it's myself with Barbossa and a ship at sunset under it. Something that ties in Barbossa.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!