Oregon Pirates!!!!

There are a number of performing groups and re-enactor groups in that area.

The King's Navy

The King's Navy is a local group of dedicated Re-enactors striving to portray, as accurately as possible, the Sailors and Marines of the Royal Navy. Members of ÒThe Kings NavyÓ have been participating in re-enacting for over twenty years and have appeared at events throughout the Pacific NW, Canada, California, and at historic events for the National Park Service and at Colonial Willamsburg. Through hands-on demonstration the daily life of 18th century sailors and Marines is brought to life.

Portland Pirate Morris

Portland Pirate Morris is a group of Piratical Morris Dancers whose art pulls from the traditions of noble brother seafarers and some better regarded land-lubbers as well. Their dances, some many hundreds of years old, are set to music and song from England and The Colonies. Enjoy at your peril as they defy sensibility with fearsome stick dances. Or take a moment to relax and enjoy one of their lyrical yet energetic hankerchief dances. The group is an assemblage of two local morris dance groups who perform in Pirate persona as frequently as they can: Renegade Rose and Bridgetown Morris Men. www.renegaderose.net | www.bridgetownmorrismen.com

Brotherhood Of Oceanic Mercenaries

Come sail the seven seas with the notorious crew of the "Emerald Rose." Cannons will roar, cutlasses will clash and shanties will be sung as they re-enact "The Golden Age of Piracy." This swaggering crew of freedom loving scallywags will entertain one and all in an attempt to re-establish their good name with the local constabulary. www.boompirates.com

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
Rifle, Loot and Salvage Companie

http://www.underablackflag.org

not-fer-profit, all fer fun

Working on building a true GAoP impression

for Pirate events in the Northwest go the the PDX Pirate Calendar:

http://www.pdxpirate.org

"Stormfeather, yer website is grand! If yer group ever makes a patch, for the 'Rifle, Loot and Salvage Companie', put me down fer one. Been aboard the Lady, down here in SoCal, would luv t' sail wit' her up there, in Oregon or Washington."

"Best of luck, and thanks fer postin' the pictures!"

• 3 weeks later...

For upcoming events take a gander at http://www.pdxpirate.org and check out the Pirate Event Calendar. We of the Northwest fleet are a busy lot.

Ye can sign on to get an e-mail reminder sent to ye.

Although 2007 events may not be scheduled yet, take a gander at 2006 and ye'll get the notion of what's coming up.

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg

I'll second Mr. Tar's idea about the patch. I'd plunk my silver down for one, any day!

Thanks Lorien for posting the websites. I think I'm registered into the PDX one, but I'll have to dbl ck, as it's been a while since I did so.

I will definately have to get up your way in 2007. I know you PMed me a year ago and invited me to hang out with you and the Portland bretheren, but I was a bit new to pyracy back then. Now I know how much fun it is, and how nice the people are, so in 2007 I plan to get my pyrate gear together and hit some gatherings, and your gang be on my list, being as how you be the closest! :ph34r:

I am sooo jealouse of your sail on the Lady. I've sailed on her three times, but only for their in-harobr cruises, not on the open sea. Our first time on her, we had so much fun, we bought the crew a big cake, with a thank-you messag written on top. My husband and I are trying to figure out how to do a Port to Port on her, from say Coos Bay to Newport, or Coos Bay south to Eureka or Crescent City. Some day. **sigh**.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Wonderful to hear from ye False Ransom. Consider yarself a citizen of Portlandia mate!

Be sure to look us up if ye make it north down the Willy ( aye, the Willamette drains NORTH into the Columbia) to our little portion of Portlandia. It would be great to meet ye! I had hoped to make it to the Shakespear Fest down your way, but alas, not this year.

The Lady does take paying guests in transit, or ye could sign up fer "two weeks before the mast". But I bet ye know that already. I strongly suggest a south bound transit. Under prevailing winds, the Lady can do about 8 knots under sail I'm told (though John Boy may be able to coax a bit more I'm sure).

The crew always seems to love the baked goodies, they surely burn enough calories to deserve it. I bet they loved yar cake. A sailor's life is a hard, but merry one! We are truly blessed to have the Lady Washington and know the Chieftain as well to play with!

A patch, I never really thought of that, but since two of ye have mentioned it...that is a good idea.

We'll see if R,L&S Co. can come of of wintering with guns blazin'!

Hopefully there will be even more events to come in 2007 to post on http://www.pdxpirate.org !

It can only get shinier!

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg