You are going back 2 the GaOP for 1 year

Red Cat Jenny

"The lists were more about us as individuals, and our insecurities. I find that very interesting."

And revealing? :blink:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The lists were more about us as individuals, and our insecurities. I find that very interesting."

More like our individual realities. Now the question is would you go back if you couldn't take any modern items...none at all? No medicines, no modern weapons, no modern anything...

ME?

YEP in a heartbeat. :blink:

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

More like our individual realities. Now the question is would you go back if you couldn't take any modern items...none at all? No medicines, no modern weapons, no modern anything...

ME?

YEP in a heartbeat. :blink:

"Aye, I'd go too! In my individual reality, by best adventures were the ones with the least preparation; a change of cloths, a little money and a way t' get there (usually a tank of gas)."

...but considering the situations you could get into with ruthless people where the tables suddenly turn...well as I said in extreme odds I'd like t' keep me head situated where it is.

I don't think any pirate avoided hedging a bet if they could. Why play fair? ;)

"The next question should be, 'Who from the pub would ye take wit' ye?'"

"Ye can only, take one! This would be a short trip."

"Much as I luv Ransom, not my first pick! Sorry, luv."

"I'd take Red Cat! She can fish, sail, and heck she's packin' heat! She's probably a better shot then I am, and I'd feel safer wit' her, 'cause we'd probably avoid the un-necessary fights."

I can't take anyone. My constitution wold most likely not take it, I may be hearty but I don't think I am hearty enough to take on all of the "mess" back then. I could pose as a man onboard a ship but for how long? I am a woman and have the biology of a woman. I could only hide that fact for a month at the most. A woman on most ships back then wouldn't stand much of a chance. Far too many ways for her to die.

Now, if it were a SHORT trip, less than a month and I could plan the date I leave I would say someone who iIknow would truly relish the experience. William Red Wake and Dorian Lasseter come to mind. Callinish Gunner. Then there are those whom would make the best out of the trip like Gentleman of Fortune, Kass. Perhaps Patrick.

In fact there are a several that I would give up my "trip" to. I am an entertainer not a re-enactor. Someone else could share the experience when they came back while I was nursing them back to health. LOL

well, first remember there be things that can be done such as medical shots that you can take to keep things at bay for a year at a time.

Next there is no way I can hide being female ...no way no how...the girls are just too ...way too out there. ;)

Next I am able to take care of myself, I am excellent shot, and have the fortitude...therefore, I wouldn't give my chance up to anyone, some how ...some way, 18th century..No matter what I would take the chance, do or die is my attitude.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

...but considering the situations you could get into with ruthless people where the tables suddenly turn...well as I said in extreme odds I'd like t' keep me head situated where it is.

I don't think any pirate avoided hedging a bet if they could. Why play fair? ;)

"The next question should be, 'Who from the pub would ye take wit' ye?'"

""I'd take Red Cat! She can fish, sail, and heck she's packin' heat! She's probably a better shot then I am, and I'd feel safer wit' her, 'cause we'd probably avoid the un-necessary fights."

Awwww Jacky~~~~ ;)

We'd be a pair in th 18th century huh? They'd scarce know wha hit 'em!

Yes a wily well armed cat be a good time travelin companion!

and ye be piratey enough t keep me outta trouble...for th most part ;)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

In fact there are a several that I would give up my "trip" to. I am an entertainer not a re-enactor. Someone else could share the experience when they came back while I was nursing them back to health. LOL

"Now whose no fun, Silkie! I said short trip, and not necessarily aboard ship. Ye could make it a shoppin' trip, and any lad or lass could help ye carry back the loot."

Awwww Jacky~~~~ ;)

We'd be a pair in th 18th century huh? They'd scarce know wha hit 'em!

Yes a wily well armed cat be a good time travelin companion!

and ye be piratey enough t keep me outta trouble...for th most part ;)

"Awww Red Cat... We'd be a pair indeed, and an armed cat wit' a sense of humor, would make a great travelin' companion. 'Sides how much trouble could we get in, on a short trip? Don't answer that!"

ok, so I've finally made my "list"

-I'd get lazer eye surgery before and eliminate the trouble of glasses etc

-I'd do something long term/perminant for the girly parts too

-sadly I'll have to take my thryoid meds. I'm sort of dead without em.

-an almanac for the year or at least a list of stuff like who's the governer where I'm going. All those name/place/date details that I have so much trouble remembering

-sketch book & a graphite stick

-gold to trade for coin and buy stuff with

Who I'd take with? well #1 would be my best friend. He's got all the skills needed, shoots, hunts & puts up with me ;)

From the pub though... still contemplating that one.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

In fact there are a several that I would give up my "trip" to.  I am an entertainer not a re-enactor.  Someone else could share the experience when they came back while I was nursing them back to health.  LOL

"Now whose no fun, Silkie! I said short trip, and not necessarily aboard ship. Ye could make it a shoppin' trip, and any lad or lass could help ye carry back the loot."

Well in that case ...whom to take. Still someone who would enjoy it as much as I would and someone I would enjoy being with. Hmmm, the list is vast!

Okay, I will take Callinish Gunner and/or his son. I have known them the longest (well at least Callinish) and they are both near to my heart and I know that we can tolerate each other for a short trip! :) Besides, Callinish will not only be able to protect me from others he knows how to protect me from myself! ;)

Those who've chosen pepper spray.....

Have you ever actually tried using it? Especially with wind filling the sails at sea, you'd likely spray yourself as much as your intended target. Let's think "Taser" shall we? B)

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

By the way, great posts everyone! I's a real education! I'm enjoying this so keep em coming. Very creative I must say.. :)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I forgot! I would take one of those fish finders/depth giver things and trade it for like 100,000 acres of coastal front property, put the land in my families name and then come back and sell it! Oh! And also, I would buy up a ton of those dutch onion bottles and stash em' in a cave and then come back and sell them to you guys at a discounted rate($150) cause I'm such a nice guy! Maybe trade some tennis shoes for diamonds?

I'm not kiddin'.... :P

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

"I think we all would like t' experience the past, and none of us would want the experience t' kill us."

That's why I'd take an AK and ammo....I figure everything else can be gotten localy. A shotgun is cool for close in fighting.... but with an AK, I have range and firepower......not to mention Full-Auto If things get messy.....

A modern stainless knife and sword don't work any better at cutting things (and people) than high carbon blacksmith forged ones, they just take a little more maintnces to keep the rust off, and I'd be picking one up as a souvineer anyway........

Why bother with vitamin C... Just eat some limes, they just didn't know what caused scurvy.... but I do..... :P

Same with sunscreen, I'd get localy made clothing, and dress like everyone else.... all covered and wearing a hat......

A container to hold stuff in ?..... they made boxes, barrels and sacks back then....

The same with paper and pens..... I can use a bottle of ink and quill to write with........just like they did......

Other than the possibility of VD (OK add a few handfulls of condoms to my list).... everything else I can deal with.... because of Modern information..... avoid swampy areas and moskittos, eat as much fresh food as possible, and wash my hands more often than people back then did....

A camera would be nice, but all the stuff I would be bringing back would be cool also......

"Much as I luv Ransom, not my first pick! Sorry, luv."

:P ..... :P

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I forgot! I would take one of those fish finders/depth giver things and trade it for like 100,000 acres of coastal front property, put the land in my families name and then come back and sell it! Oh! And also, I would buy up a ton of those dutch onion bottles and stash em' in a cave and then come back and sell them to you guys at a discounted rate($150) cause I'm such a nice guy! Maybe trade some tennis shoes for diamonds?

I'm not kiddin'.... :P

"Fix the past t' assure yer future! Those schemes never work and often eliminate the prospects of ye even havin' a future. Sort of follows wit' the no wishin' fer more wishes, when yer given three wishes. But can't blame a pirate fer tryin'!"

Have you ever actually tried using it? Especially with wind filling the sails at sea, you'd likely spray yourself as much as your intended target. Let's think "Taser" shall we? :P

"Mad Matt, have ye tried t' use a Taser, on a wet, pitchin' deck?" :P

Why bother with vitamin C... Just eat some limes, they just didn't know what caused scurvy.... but I do..... :P

Same with sunscreen, I'd get localy made clothing, and dress like everyone else.... all covered and wearing a hat......

A container to hold stuff in ?..... they made boxes, barrels and sacks back then....

The same with paper and pens..... I can use a bottle of ink and quill to write with........just like they did......

Other than the possibility of VD (OK add a few handfulls of condoms to my list).... everything else I can deal with.... because of Modern information..... avoid swampy areas and moskittos, eat as much fresh food as possible, and wash my hands more often than people back then did....

"Patrick, ye make many good points. The most important is that we would take wit' us knowledge and information, they didn't have back then. I think most of us would fare well back then, even Silkie!"

Have you ever actually tried using it?  Especially with wind filling the sails at sea, you'd likely spray yourself as much as your intended target.  Let's think "Taser" shall we?  :lol:

"Mad Matt, have ye tried t' use a Taser, on a wet, pitchin' deck?" :lol:

It's called a "Drive Stun". Don't need the prongs to shoot out. Close quarters, mate.....

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

let's see ....first off fire power would be important i'd prefer an uzi (light and fast seldom jams and the ammo it lighter for round/weight ) with 5000 rounds of ammo

secondly a cigarret boat with extra 500 gal. gas and oil (being able to strike a vessel before thay could target their guns on you)

75mm recoiless rifle mounted on the deck with at least 200 rounds

compass, sextant and charts

3 good knives (one work knife and 2 fighting knives)

a cutlass

good camo tent with screening

and 5000 sq feet of camo netting

c'mon we 're talking fantasy