Pirates Southbound

the Royaliste

Congrats! We'll be up at Bald Head Island in August for a pirate event there. Perhaps you can swing down - looks like it's about 50 or so miles by sea. I know, depends which way the wind is blowing for the "about". Would love to see you. I can put you into contact with the powers that be for it, especially since you're being adopted by NC.

-- Captain

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....Well, me hearties, it looks as tho' we've reached an accord.......

After some interesting scuttle with the powers that be, ROYALISTE, a Privateer/Pyrate ship of some infamy will become ambassadors of pyracy in association with the North Carolina Maritime Museum!.....We've been in Beaufort, NC discussing the possibilities, and we're gonna give this a try. In a few weeks, weather permitting, we'll leave Skull Creek in Hilton Head, SC, and sail northward to the land 'o Blackbeard...More news as we move forward with these fine folks to spread piracy a bit wider 'cross the seas!....

B)

That sounds like great news. I wish ye luck. Are you still independent or are you under writ now? B)

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

Huzzah and fair winds, Captain and Kathy. Let us know yer calendar as soon as ye can. I'm currently in the planning stages of an east coast adventure and would love to add your port if it works out.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

As far as our present 'accord' with the Museum folks, we'll head on up, get settled in, and do a few 'open to the public' thru the museum's auspices days aeach month. We'll still be independent, doing battle sails, and traveling to other ports. Present agreement runs up until May, when there is a Wooden Boat Show in Beaufort. Then we'll be off for our summer schedule, which so far is Newport, then Halifax (with a few points inbetween)....Now, gettin' ready for four hundred miles of transiting on short days in the winter to make port in Beaufort..then, well, I guess we'll be workin' under a new letter of marque and reprisal,eh?

;)

Welcome to the Tar Heel State...which doesn't have anything to do with

UNC. Recong' you'll be firing some guns at Sinbad's Meka II. The Wooden Boat Show in May is a fun time. The museum has contracted me to demo ships in bottles on that Friday in the Boat House of the show. Will need to do one of the Royaliste off Cape Lookout . The Saturday night banquet of the show is terrific...lots of good eats of the local flavor.

Are you attending the Charleston Maritime Festival in May? Tuff call with the Hampton Roads Blackbeard Fest & Virginia Sail being less than a week apart.

Best regards & fair winter winds to ye

Aye!...Thanks for the welcome, mate!..We're personally kinda likin' the whole idea, ourselves....( That's 'us', not the whole of 'Privateer!')...Yup, we'll be talkn' Horatio Sinbad into some battle sails, for sure! (we are berthing right in 'front' of MEKA II)...We also are fond of their development plans for all that nice land next to the docks...a period village, with an old rail, and dockside stuff.....as far as Charleston, well......Ahem, dodging any politics involved, they weren't very receptive to our package, didn't warm to us when we were there for the ASTA conference, and haven't responded to our last correspondence, so...with the general feeling that it is highly unfair to those who support and have supported ROYALISTE and accompanying dockside presence by subsidizing ports who cannot afford what they seek, we are at present planning on not appearing at Charleston. This same reasoning also applies to Norfolk, who hasn't responded. We are 'officially' on for Halifax, which sort of commits us to Newport, and some NY state appearances...Then, back south to Beaufort...

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, mates..We have been sailin' upstream for a few weeks, now....so....All Over the Map in '07 seems to be more of an honest thread title!....It looks like Newport, Halifax, Louisbourg, Sydney, Summerside, then...up the St. Lawrence and an attempt to pass thru the Chambly Canal and Richelieu River to the headwaters of Lake Champlain, and a festival in Burlington, Vermont...After that, well who knows yet, but most likely back south, then....the Carribean.....

:lol:

just glad to hear ye still are afloat ...i know it will be hard to get the ol' girl back to where she was but i hope that with the grace of God and good friends (some you've not even met yet) that soon enough you'll look back at this as a tale to tell over a jar in a snug harbour somewhere pyratical

:lol::lol::lol: hope our courses cross someday very soon lad!!!

Jeesh! It's been a heck of a week so far; we went aground twice yesterday, and once again today!...The tide cycles leave little water in this stretch of the ICW during daylight hours; after getting back underway yesterday, we were in the ditch until almost midnight!!..Not fun out there in the dark..toooo many docks in the way. Wrightsville Beach is our stop for the night, then off again in the morning dealing with three swing bridges in a few miles 'o waterway......Pulleeeze, no more grounding, eh?

:rolleyes: