Pirates Southbound

the Royaliste

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yarrgh!..I figure it be time for an update for you southeastern pirates...ROYALISTE is still in Charleston, after ducking the storm that just ran up the coast. I'm in San Francisco, headed back to her manana...The surgery I just had turned out to be pretty massive, with a slice about a foot long from the top 'o the knee down, so....I'm slowed down more than we predicted. We will be underway headed south, stopping in Beaufort,SC before heading off for Florida. The fella that penned the above arrrrrticle has some good connections around St. Augustine, and claims they are 'nuts' over pirates, so we'll see, eh wot?

;)

Sorry to hear about yer leg mate. Glad to hear you still have it and it's on the mend. I live in Summerville, SC just right outside Charleston and just found out your here. (thanks to Master Studley) If yer crew has orders to repell boarders when would be a good time to make a quick visit? I promise not to beg and grovel to loudly, for you to take me with you. And I also promise not to drool all over the deck. (well no more than any other pirate would anyway).

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

Probably best to wait a week or so 'till I'm back.Shouldn't be too long, as we hafta be outta there by the sixth...Not so much for anything 'cept I'm a better source for info on all the antiquities etc. onboard...The two there presently are just learnin' their 'history'...fair sailors they be, 'tho.......

:P

Thanks I'm looking forward to it. I still plan to stop by and have a look at her from the dock. We don't get as many sailing ships, pirate or otherwise, as I'ld like. So, I've got to go look as often as I can, even if it's only from the road.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

If'n you or the crew has a chance to venture inland, Charlestowne Landing ( the recreation of the original settlement) not far from where you're in port, is rebuilding the "Adventure" at their wharf. She is a 1670 Sloop built in the 1970's that recently sank at her dockage. They pulled her out and are reconstucting her. State funds you know, takes awhile to get anything done.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

Thanks for the info, mate...I'm back aboard, but the crew'll be doin' the sightsee'n' this week, as I'm lookin' like a veritable prisoner in me own cabin for a while..The knee job ended up to be huge, so I'm in a 'no load' mode on the knee for many weeks. Lookin' for the next stop 'afore we sail into Beaufort; with the day length, tide, and distance from Charleston, we have to make it a two stop leg. Not likin' the looks 'o Edisto or Bohicket, with our draught..hate to be droppin' the hook with me stoved up, so it's kind of a delemma,eh?.....

B)

Ahoy, M. Studley....Plans have changed, as they always seem to do aboard ship...The Pyrate Ship Royaliste will cast off from Charleston's Cooper River marina around 0800 Thursday, with plans to push all the way to Beaufort by Thurs. eve. Then we will be heading to Hilton Head for a month or two...All of this is provided the crew can prop me up well enough to helm her off the dock and off towards Beaufort. Once off the dock, Capt. Kat will be doing a long stretch at the helm, and I'll be dealing with the knee repair....

;)

We'll be at Hilton Head Harbor, on Skull Creek...If the golf balls get to heavy, we'll give 'em a broadside with some different kind 'o balls, eh?...we kinda of chanced upon this one; I guess they had a boat blow up at the fuel dock, taking out the whole enchilada..Just finishing up the new dock, and here we are to take up the space!!....We will be hunting a yard to haul out in March, and the best rate is in Northern Florida. But as we have checked so far, no dockage enroute available, so we may look around up this way...as far as the leg, well... the cartilage transplant takes around eight weeks to 'take', and I'm on week number two....

:blink:

How long are you in Beaufort for? It seems my schedule just got heavy for the weekend. I really want to show you guys around town. If not, I live and work on Hilton Head and I'll be glad to show you around here as well.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

That's mighty nice 'o ye, mate..We are in Beaufort, after a spooky shallow time of it after dark last nite. Methinks we'll layover here today, and head off to Hilton Head tomorrow(Sat). Probably best to catch us in Hilton Head, as everyone's froze up here right now, and the ship's a mess!....

That's mighty nice 'o ye, mate..We are in Beaufort, after a spooky shallow time of it after dark last nite. Methinks we'll layover here today, and head off to Hilton Head tomorrow(Sat). Probably best to catch us in Hilton Head, as everyone's froze up here right now, and the ship's a mess!....

Ahoy Captain Gary!

Just happened upon this thread. Glad to hear you're back on the ship after your surgury and that all is well!

Be sure to say hello to the rest of the crew from the Pirates of Harbor Bay. Old Redd and I are performing our arses off at the Dicken's Fair and Stitch is doing well with his Sea Wolfe Trading Company.

We sure miss the old girl out on the bay!

Ahoy, thar, Ace!...Glad to 'hear' from you and the rest 'o them scallywags.... :o ...'Tis been 17 months since we left the BAy 'o St. Francis,but....We've spread RRR particular flavor 'o piracy, swordfightin', and historical privateerin' accross a huge part 'o North America!..We're on Skull Creek on Hilton Head Island for a month or so, then...either Florida bound, or...mebbee an accord with the Maritime Museum a wee bit north in Beaufort, NC, that notorious home 'o Blackbeard...it's still lookin' like Halifax next summer, but we may be bookin' RRselves instead of doing the whole 'Challenge,(might be lookin' into a few things, such as the Hampton Blackbeard Festival) as them ports be havin' a hard time findin' doubloons, and, well,....you know 'bout piracy....Savvy??

:o

ROYALISTE Raidin' the Southland, Moored on Skull Creek.....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Kiddo!!.....This past summer seemed to stimulate all of the crew members into wearin' pirate attire on a more regular basis......Also, it's been a kick seein' the reactions in every town we've docked in where we need stuff during the day, and the shopping parties are always dressed as pirates!....email on the way, eh wot....

:lol:

Buggar!..The knee is doing well, but I can't even stand on it for several more weeks. At this point the transplanted cells are cartilageous, but jelly-like. Can't stand on 'jelly', so here I wait. By seven months, it should be 'putty-like', according to the lab. A little after a year, it should be brand new cartilage, allowing me in the rigging. Until then, the women'll do it! :) Speakin' 'o which, they're off for holidays, but should be returnin' soon!..(I hear they mighta got new cutlass' for Christmas!)....Thanks for the concern, mate.

Hey your living what I wish to do. Your also a good mate and great to talk to. So of course I am concerned. I am reading up on anything that can help me be a self reliant sailor so maybe some day I can join you for a time. We will see though. Keep in touch.

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

• 2 weeks later...

.....Well, me hearties, it looks as tho' we've reached an accord.......

After some interesting scuttle with the powers that be, ROYALISTE, a Privateer/Pyrate ship of some infamy will become ambassadors of pyracy in association with the North Carolina Maritime Museum!.....We've been in Beaufort, NC discussing the possibilities, and we're gonna give this a try. In a few weeks, weather permitting, we'll leave Skull Creek in Hilton Head, SC, and sail northward to the land 'o Blackbeard...More news as we move forward with these fine folks to spread piracy a bit wider 'cross the seas!....

:lol: