Pirates Southbound

the Royaliste

Avast, alla ya scabborous seadogs! After an 'interesting' week offshore from NYC, dodgin' a gale in Cape May, NJ, Privateer ROYALISTE is in Norfolk, Va., departing this a.m. on the Intercoastal Waterway, headed towards Florida. If you live along 'the ditch', and be needin' a gRRReat pirate fix, be keepin' an eye to windward, mates,'cuz....we're sailin' south and takin' no prisoners,eh?

B)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where will you be making port in Florida... May want to swing by and see ya!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

YAAARRRGH!.....We've been deep in the swamps, with 'nary a cell or internet signal, 'good ole boy'n it for a week or so!.....We docked in Beaufort,NC today, and checked out the QAR stuff in the museum....

Blackjohn; We'll be down thattaway in Dec., 'cuz I gotta have a knee surgery in SF in two weeks...Then a slow trip south

K.P.; we're actually thinkin' of hangin' around St. Augustine for a spell. We need to haulout, but may do that closer to Melbourne...

'Pearl; Yup, warmer is the idea, eh?..froze our arses off for a few nights last week, and some frigid days at the helm...Much better now, though...

Southbound again in a few days; headed to Wilmington, NC next for a spell....

:ph34r:

How can one help you all? I am a landbound want-to-be sailor. I saw you all in Green Bay and was very impressed with you and while in my heart of hearts I wish that I could somehow join with you I must be practical. Being a husband and father of two wonderfull girls I need to stay here no matter what my other self says. So instead of comming with you I have been looking forward to any of your posts. Now I would like to know how I can help you all? What are your needs and wants? How can I get those to you? Of course I hope you understand that my own family comes first but I want to help? :ph34r:

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

YAAARRRGH!.....We've been deep in the swamps, with 'nary a cell or internet signal, 'good ole boy'n it for a week or so!.....We docked in Beaufort,NC today, and checked out the QAR stuff in the museum....

Blackjohn; We'll be down thattaway in Dec., 'cuz I gotta have a knee surgery in SF in two weeks...Then a slow trip south

K.P.; we're actually thinkin' of hangin' around St. Augustine for a spell. We need to haulout, but may do that closer to Melbourne...

'Pearl; Yup, warmer is the idea, eh?..froze our arses off for a few nights last week, and some frigid days at the helm...Much better now, though...

;)

Let me know when you get near St. Augustine. There are several marinas. The City facility downtown in the old city, (Matanzas Bay) Commachee Cove on the Timiqua River (intercoastal waterway) and several on the San Sebastian River. One even has a Pirate Restaurant & bar. Also lots of Boat yards and haul out facilities. There are available anchorages on the Matanzas Bay south of the Bridge of Lions and the City Marina.

Best

KP

B)

I can put you in touch with one of our crewe who's over in the St. Augustine area - he's Dockmaster for a marina there. His name is Slipshot - PM me for his email address. He may be able to help you out or get your connected while you're over that way

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Good luck with the surgery... don't let them slip you any mercury, it's being touted as a cure-all these days, but I don't buy it.

;)

Give me a heads up when you swing back north toward the Chesapeake. Hopefully our paths will cross under a black flag.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

YAAARRRGH!.....We've been deep in the swamps, with 'nary a cell or internet signal, 'good ole boy'n it for a week or so!.....

Know what ya mean about the signals. Twas on Ocracoke for Halloween. Get better reception there than the trek from Cedar Island to Beaufort. Had lunch yesterday, Nov.1, in Beaufort with Sinbad. He commented on how sharp the Royaliste looked. Hope your leg goes well & looking forward to Charleston, 2007.

Best regards to ye.

Aye, it was a kick finally meetin' up with Sinbad,, and it couldn't have better than on Halloween!...We really liked Beaufort, and we'll probably sail back up during the winter. Last night saw us finishing up the stretch of the ICW, and making deeper water in Charleston, SC. Tomorrow is the American Sailtraining Association (ASTA) conference, and I'm pretty sure that we're the only one's who sailed to it, much less in a Pirate Ship!....Looks like the weather's gonna turn lousy,so...we'll likely hang here until my knee is done...Pretty little town, Charleston.

:(

Welcome to my waters Cap'n! While ya'll head south are you staying on the ICW or heading further out. I was hoping you might stop in the other Beaufort ( SC), pronounced like beautiful fort, at the waterfront. The NINA, SANTA MARIA, BOUNTY, and other famous replicas have all stopped here a few times and would love to have you! The town is very similar to Charleston with many old homes. It was the home to the first English settlement before they moved to Charleston, first French settlement, first Scottish settlement, and second Spanish settlement in the Americas. Very historic! Lot's of waterfront pubs and taverns. This is all an excuse to take a fellow pirate and crew to dinner in my hometown! What say you?

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

We've been mulling over whether to continue on down the ICW, or run outside again. The ICW has been a wee bit stressful due to water depths(we draw near seven feet), and offshore is deeper,but...We'd be glad to stop in Beaufort,SC. Let me know where my mates on the NINA docked, and we'll be happy to give it a try....It'll most likely be after my visit to the sawbones back in SF. that's just a week away as far as being incognito.

:blink:

ROYALISTE Still Pyratin' RR Way South.....

The guys on the NINA docked on the outer south pier in the bay. The downtown marina's # is 843-524-4422. Let me know when you are coming and I'll be happy to take ya'll on a tour! Also ran into the S/V Denis Sullivan and crew at the Savannah Seafood Fest tonight. She's a 3 masted schooner from Wisconsin. They are headed back to Charleston tomorrow, and then down to Key West in time for PiP. One of the crew is a fellow pirate! There home base # is 414-765-9966. Have fun in Chucktown! Be sure to go to the Queen Anne's Revenge resturaunt. The pirate/ maritime collection is unbelievable and the food is great to boot! Pyle's originals are on the walls there.

P.S. little known pirate fact The Stede Bonnet & Richard Worley memorial headstone is in the northeast corner of the Battery Park downtown.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

We are very familiar with the ship, Denis Sullivan, after doing an event that she was at last summer on the Great Lakes. As far as crew, they come and they go, so we know few if any from her....We'll give the marina a call in a day or two..Looks like rain is moving in, otherwise we'd be headed your way as early as tomorrow. Donn't seem to be very pirate friendly as far as the marinas go around here..NO ROOM AT THE INN.........And we'll for sure look up the restaurant, if'n it ain't toooo far from the ship...Not too sure about the Maritime folks here; they build an oversised replica of a pilot schooner, when they coulda' built the revenue cutter South Carolina, a 1798, 12 gun schooner with a history....Jeesh!

B)

No rain here yet, just a strong nor'easter.. Lot's of open Inns down here, let me know your budget, and I'll check on some bed and breakfast spots. My phone # is 1-843-304-6955 or daytime 1-843-681-6950 and ask for Stephen.

iiiiii.jpg

Ye be a talkin' bout the Spirit of SC ?

Yup...really nice boat; we're very impressed with her, but that said, the addition of 'Spirit' to a ship's name is generally a reference to an earlier ship of same name, so.....

first 'South Carolina'-1777,frigate,40 guns

second'South Carolina'-1798,revenue cutter schooner, 12 guns

third'South Carolina'-1799, galley, one gun ( built as Protector)

.....not a 90' 'pilot schooner' amongst 'em...

As an operator of a Tallship in a rather tough market, most ships have found that their historic counterparts yield huge educational programs of interest to most all people, and that tends to be their 'edge' to stay afloat ( evidenced by my friends aboard Lynx doing Hawaii as a 'pirate ship')..just an overview on a survival program for Tallships....

Studley; I contacted the marinas in your area and all are full up, so we are holing up here in Charleston for a month, methinks..(we try another marina tomorrow if the rain allows travel out of this harbor)

:lol:

the addition of 'Spirit' to a ship's name is generally a reference to an earlier ship of same name

Agreed...like the Spirit of Massachusetts. Who knows why SC picked that design. Her lines and rig have more similarities with Yacht America. They have encountered some financial difficulties in her construction, and may, for the time being, leave off one sail.

She is supposed to be launched in February & completely rigged for the Charleston Maritime Festival in May. True, she be a BIG pilot schooner, yet so is the Virginia which is also based after a pilot schooner. Met the Spirit's new captain, Anthony Arrow, at the Georgetown Wooden Boat show. Nice chap from California.

I see empty slips at the downtown marina, I wonder why they said it was full? Did they mention tieing up to the waterfront seawall? Many ships do the same. There is also the Ladys Island Marina, Skull Creek Marina, Harbortowm Marina, and the seawall on the Savannah River. I could also get you permission to tie up to Old Fort Jackson in Savannah if you like.

iiiiii.jpg

..Yo, mate!...It's a bit more complex, finding dockage..First, around here, due to alla the transiting yachties and powerboats, they only designate a small amount to transients. So, most 'empties' have a reservation on them..The downtown dock had a day transient spot, but we needed a one month spot. Ladys Island doesnt have a vacancy until after the first of the year; same with Port Royal,so...We found a spot here at the last minute(after doing a pile of damage to the stbd side from pilings during the storm), so we are on the Cooper River for a month. After my surgery, the transient rich should be mostly south, and a better chance at a slip in Beaufort, as well as other points south. It's been a real bitch playing 'slip checkers' with the money folks for the available nightly slips, 'cuz they sleep late, and pass you at 25 knots.........

;)

Sorry to hear about the damage. I'll hitch up the horse and make a trip to see ya'll, about an hour and forty-five minutes. Tell me where you are and I'll bring a boarding party of Lowcountry pirates.

iiiiii.jpg

Aye, I'll be makin' a new channel and knees for the mizzen, so wood huntin' it be...You're welcome to stop on by; Royaliste is in Cooper River Marina, Charleston, operated by the county on an old naval base. We'll all be here thru next Monday, but Cap'n Kat's off retrievin' the Rumble Bee from Albany as we speak, so after that I'm headed west to SF, and the crew has 'repel boarders' orders whilst I'm away...Should be back just after Dec. uno, as we'll be sailin' south again by Dec 7.......

:angry: