Greet'ns me hartys

Culliford

Greet'ns!

'Tis me, ol' Culliford, the pirate that snuck away as Capt'n Kidd took the fall for all me crimes and plunderin'! No-one knew for sure where I went after his trial, but now I am back!

Rob't is me name, but ye can call me Culli or Culliford. Just don't call me late to the pub!

------------------

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking here for a while as I read up on lots of posts and learned a bit about the GAOP reenactors and the community. I was a history major in college (University of Houston for those interested) and have always been fascinated with sea stories and maritime history, including the history of piracy. I was a U.S. Marine for 12 years, eventually leaving the Marines to take my kids "back home" to Houston to be close to their grandparents. I miss the Corps, but it was the best thing I ever did for my family. I'm a technical writer and voice actor, and am currently in the process of looking for a sailboat to sail around the Galveston area in (I have a few leads on some fine sailing vessels!). I'm married with two great kids, and my wife loves making period costumes. She's made some very intricate and detailed clothing for the entire family for the Rennaisance period as well as Roman period. Currently, she is finishing up our 18th century pirate togs, and as soon as they are complete, I'll be posting a picture in the appropriate forum. I'm an avid photographer (semi-pro), and I collect ancient coins and fly R/C aircraft.

I look forward to "meeting" you all here on the forums, and hope to bring some useful knowledge or information to the forums whenever I can.

I'm amazed at lots of the garb people here have assembled: it's great to see people striving to be historically accurate! As a historian, that makes me tingle all over!

So... in a nutshell (a rather large one, methinks), that's me!

I've brought with me the finest rum punch a pirate has ever tasted... so drink up, me hartys... drink up!!!

Who knows what tomorrow holds, so I may as well spend this pocket full of dubloons on the pirates here in the pub!

DRINKS ARE ON ME!

Greetin's Culli. I'll 'ave a drink with ye. Nuthin warms this lasses heart more than a spot o rum on some one elses coin.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Havin' such a lovely lass as yerself joinin' me fer a drink warms me heart as well!

When yer mug is empty, raise it for more!

As a wee lad, I spent many a summer in the "Upper Peninsula" of the state in which you find yourself ported. Beautiful country and great sailing up in those parts!

Aye Red Maria, the real Culliford was quite a bit more flambouyant than I be!

I took the name because aside from displaying a proclivity towards certain deck boys (which I assure ye I do not), he was quick witted, ruthless, and had lots of charisma. Maybe it was the jazz hands... :huh:

Pull up close to ol' Culliford and fill yer tankard or mug with some of the tasty rum punch I had made just fer this occasion! I made sure we got the freshest eggs to put in it, too!

crowsnest.jpg

Welcome aboard there Mr. Culliford. Tis a fyne enterance ye has made into this eerr pub mate. A toast to ye :huh:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

welcome to the pub lad a toast to you and all newbies as i am one as well. :huh:

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Thank ye for the welcome, Saltypots!

Lookin' forward to sharin' sea stories with ya in the future!

After all this drinkin' tonight, me thinks me may be sleepin' with the pigs in the gutter later! Here's hopin' we find our way back to the docks so that we can sleep in our own cots!

A hearty welcome T' th pub Culliford! A toast to ye :lol: Slainte!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Welcome to the Pub, Sir. A Marine what? My little brother claims that fine title as well. 12 years... well done and thank ye. Here's to you and hope to see you onboard often.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Aye Red Maria, the real Culliford was quite a bit more flambouyant than I be!

I took the name because aside from displaying a proclivity towards certain deck boys (which I assure ye I do not), he was quick witted, ruthless, and had lots of charisma. Maybe it was the jazz hands... :o

Pull up close to ol' Culliford and fill yer tankard or mug with some of the tasty rum punch I had made just fer this occasion! I made sure we got the freshest eggs to put in it, too!

I'll take you up on your offer of rum Culli but I'll have to say nay to the eggs. They don't ahem agree with me. :o

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

To Mad Dog: Rum fer me new friend Mad Dog!!!

Cap'n Sterling, I was a Marine Military Policeman and Accident Investigator. I was even an on-air radio DJ in the Philippines for two years on the Far East Network of what was then called the Armed Forces Radio and Television Service (AFRTS) which is now just AFN (Armed Forces Network). It was a great gig: I'll have to tell the story some time of how I snuck my way into that job! I loved the Marines, but I felt that my children were sacrificing a childhood near family for my career, and I felt it should be the father sacrificing for his kids instead. I don't regret leaving the Corps, but I miss it every day. It's even harder knowing so many of my troops are in harm's way right now and I'm not there to lead 'em.

I'd like to ask the barkeep to pull out the finest rum he has and pour everyone in the pub a full tankard in salute to those in harm's way; may they get back to their loved ones and then back out to sea so that we can plunder their booty!

B)

Oh, and Red Maria: rum punch without the egg? Very well, very well; I aim to please!

I loved the Marines, but I felt that my children were sacrificing a childhood near family for my career, and I felt it should be the father sacrificing for his kids instead.

I can completely agree with you here... and I believe you''ll never regret it in the long run. And always remember... once a Marine, always a Marine... no matter where you are....

I'd like to ask the barkeep to pull out the finest rum he has and pour everyone in the pub a full tankard in salute to those in harm's way; may they get back to their loved ones and then back out to sea so that we can plunder their booty!

Here! Here!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

I sailed back into port late yesterday after a fine time in Las Vegas.

Do tell! And pictures if you have them!

Crewe of the Archangel

I sailed back into port late yesterday after a fine time in Las Vegas.

Welcome to the Pub and enjoy yourself! :P

Thank ye kindly, RumbaRue!

I'll even pour ye a drink personally... but I hope not to miss the tankard and get any on yer blouse.

Oops... too late... :P

"Culli, hav' ye gotten any calls from Disney about the mouse ears?

:huh::huh: Jacky, Jacky, Jacky. Be nice, he's new.

Welcome to the Pub, mate. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog