• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday, April 3rd, was a very bad day. I woke up in the morning and as I was

getting my wee lad’s breakfast he came in to the kitchen and said, "Mama,

Kokopelli, is stiff."

I went in to the living room to find my gentle giant kitty had passed

away during the night on the couch. I am so devastated by this loss.

It was so unexpected. He has been fine and he was on my lap that night

before I went to bed. So now he is at peace buried in the back yard

with some toy mice and a few pieces of lettuce that he loved so much.

It has almost been a week now and my heart still aches for my gentle giant. His presence is sorely missed with in the house. He was a true blessing to have not only as a friend, but as a companion, teddy bear, and protector. There are not enough words to express my deep sorrow.

Today was the first nice day to go out doors so I placed an emblem marker of a sunshine upon his grave.

I know his Spirit still lives on, and he is happy in the Summerland where he waits with contentment knowing how much he is truly loved in this lifetime. And I have already felt his presence which I am deeply grateful for. He was such a joy in my life. I will dearly miss his quirky and funny antics.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

They stay in your heart forever, BriarRose. Over my lifetime, all of my little furbies that have passed still bring fond memories, and I miss them just as much now, as I did when they passed. It becomes a sweet tug at the heart when you think of them.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

(Hug)

So many of my fur babes are waiting for me at the Bridge... a few more Blessed to me then the others (and they know why) but each and every one just as loved.

And be on the look out... most often they send you someone else. Not to replace them, but to look after you and for you to love until the time is right.

Healing thoughts m'dear....

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Thank you all for your kind and encouraging words they are greatly appreciated.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

There has lately been more cats around our neighborhood. In particular, a new neighbor has a cat that spends half of her life outside and she is quite friendly. And there are a couple of other kitties who hang around.

Apparently, Captain Morgan has sensed this and has lately been positioning himself in front of the door like a wee "watchcat" - making sure no other kitties invade HIS domain. I took a couple of photos last night; if they aren't too blurry I'll post one.

RHJMap.jpg

:lol: So sorry about your kitty, BriarRose. Tears well in my eyes reading that. It is tough when a much beloved pet passes on. They have become the much beloved family member.

Everyone (pets that is) is just darling. :)

Magellan, BTW, turned 3 yrs old April 6th. Alas, he didn't have a big "bday" or surprizes or anything. But that was ok with him and me. He has his fun jingle balls, the dressage whip (which had become his new kitty toy), and of lovin' from everyone including "mom" (aka me). Oh, and his Fancy Feast. He's more content with his Fancy Feast. Goes nuts when he doesn't have it. Funny kitty. :)

I try not to think about the day when he will no longer be with me. He's been my baby since he was born, hence why I know when his Birthday is cause I witnessed his birth. He's been with me since.

I'll have to post a new picture of him.

BTW, he's quite the pirate... he's been occasionally trying to get into the liquor cabinet, where the Pirate's Choice Rum is. LOL... it's hilarious. :) He knows how to "flip" the latch.

Looking forward to seeing the pic of the new wee furry sweeties, Will.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

My neighbor across the street from me catches the neighborhood cats in a cage Animal Control gives him. He baits it with Tuna and once the cat is caught he calls Animal Control and they pick up the cat. My neighbor tried to release her cat and she recvd. a $400.00 fine. Even indoor cats that never go outside are subject to him calling Animal Control on them. My daughter's best friend had to recently give her indoor cat away because this jerk found out about her. We also live in the historic section of Round Rock and near the cemetary and we get lots of rats in the summer. Wild Nasty Rats! With no cats we shall be over run.

BTW this guy has a Rottweiler that is dangerous and he does not have his fence fixed...if his dog gets out and attacks a child..Let's just say the only survivor would be the dog. Animal Control knows about his dog but has not fined him for his dog and not fixing his fence or keeping a lock on his gate.

Im thinking when we have to set out rat traps anything and everything we catch should be dumped in his yard. But that's just my thoughts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

How could he call Animal Control on cats that remain inside? Shouldn't the inside of one's home be immune to that sort of thing?

And you might want to contact Child Protective Services if his fence and dog are as you say. If his dog and fence are that much of a danger, they'll do what they can to protect the neighborhood's children.

RHJMap.jpg

Oh trust me..If he finds out you have an indoor cat he will claim the cat was out and in his yard and either you pay the fine if you can afford it or you get rid of your pet. As for his dog..oh yes he's definitely bad. Police almost shot him one time as he had Me while on crutches and Nora who was about three at the time at bay. Ever since then we have not talked at all. No one on our street likes him because of how he does with the cats for nearly everyone on our street has had a cat taken by him.

As for the Dog..never thought of CPS..that's a great idea. Thanks!

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Oh trust me..If he finds out you have an indoor cat he will claim the cat was out and in his yard and either you pay the fine if you can afford it or you get rid of your pet. As for his dog..oh yes he's definitely bad. Police almost shot him one time as he had Me while on crutches and Nora who was about three at the time at bay. Ever since then we have not talked at all. No one on our street likes him because of how he does with the cats for nearly everyone on our street has had a cat taken by him.

As for the Dog..never thought of CPS..that's a great idea. Thanks!

Sounds like a real sicko. Couldn't all of you collectively talk to Animal Control and explain the situation - that this man is unbalanced and nothing he tells them is the truth?

RHJMap.jpg

Actually there is a pending court date, two of the neighbors are going the same day to fight the charges though they have done given their pets away to avoid fines. Three other neighbors are going as witnesses for them.

Okay, I'm a little confused here. How can this guy claim the other neighbor's house cat was in his yard? Does he have pictures? I mean, it's just his word against the cat owner. Without proof, how does Animal Control know who is telling the truth? How do they fine someone with no proof the cat was ever in the guys yard? I can understand the trapped ones, but house cats that never go out! That makes no sense at all. :rolleyes:

Maybe someone needs to set a trap for the dog. Does it go around the neighborhood like the cats? Bait a dog trap with some hamburger and then call Animal Control. See how he likes being on the other end of the stick. Shesh.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Lemme at him, Syren... I'll beat the living s*** out of this guy! Seriously. I can't stand people who can't leave people and their pets alone!

Actually, if he's messing with other people and THEIR pets... isn't that against the Law? Or is the Law that twisted down there that no one gives a f*** about it's citizens and their rights?

That's more than a sicko, that's someone who is intolerable to have around and should be kicked out of the vicinity or bashed in the head until something is knocked back into place.

Yeah, as you can tell, I have no tolerance for people who are mean to animals.

Had to deal with this BS all my life and I am SOOOO sick and tired of it.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

This morning when I went to check on the Canadian goose who is nesting on our pond, I discovered four new little goslings. So cute. The whole family was strolling down the driveway between my garden and the pump house — mom and dad keeping a close guard over the little guys. This is about the seventh year the pair have come back to nest on the floating nest-box Chain Shot built for them.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

This was me little shipsrat Pepper....unfortunately not with us anymore.

Posted this a long while back on the first thread.....but decided t' re-post as it's a new one.. :)

Pirateratstealingold.jpg

Now we have these little tearaways!....Freyja an' Elli....an' boy is they a handfull!...into, under an' behind everything in the cabin.. :)

FrejaElli.jpg

Cap'n o' the JADES RISC'S @ anchorage at the port o' Cardiff, Wales, Uk.

Piratesig1.jpg

Okay, I'm a little confused here. How can this guy claim the other neighbor's house cat was in his yard? Does he have pictures? I mean, it's just his word against the cat owner. Without proof, how does Animal Control know who is telling the truth? How do they fine someone with no proof the cat was ever in the guys yard? I can understand the trapped ones, but house cats that never go out! That makes no sense at all. :lol:

Maybe someone needs to set a trap for the dog. Does it go around the neighborhood like the cats? Bait a dog trap with some hamburger and then call Animal Control. See how he likes being on the other end of the stick. Shesh.

Actually we are unsure how he knows unless he overheard the wee ones talking. and no his dog stays in his backyard but his fence is not sturdy and he is supposed to have a lock on his gate which he still does not. It's a big mess, and apparently this guy works for the Fire dept or some such and we think that is why Animal Control is not saying anything about his dog or the fact that it is still not locked.

As for baby geese..I think that is awesome, we had one who was a lap baby...

And I have learned I like rats as well. I would love to have one but they have such a short life and I would become to attached and be devastated to lose one. Nora's teacher bought a new one and we had them over easter weekend and she actually sounded like she was humming. And she was a minx..into everything! LOL but she was a sweetheart as well.

Nancy the Fierce just brought in a 3 month old cockatiel .... it's darn cute :( ..... some of it's still all cute an' downy an some of it's feathers. It's a gray (I s'pose that's what ye call it)

Yup, cute ........

until I get done ......

"Teachin' 'im how to cuss,

Teachin' 'im how to fuss,

And pull the cork out of,

a bottle o' Rum!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahahaha >cough cough< >wheeze< >hack< haha

don't like when it poops down me back though, it makes me feel like I'm gonna slip outta me chair.

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

Oh trust me..If he finds out you have an indoor cat he will claim the cat was out and in his yard and either you pay the fine if you can afford it or you get rid of your pet.
I still don't know how someone can get a fine for a cat that is indoor. If the cat is not on his property how can they fine the owner?

Now in defense of the psycho ...my father use to have all sorts of trouble with cats using the front flower bed and under the front porch as a litter box. The neighbor across the street claimed that it was never her cats but there were always cat prints in the snow directly from her front door to under his porch. :( Finally he planted field stone in the back of the bed where the rain never reached. After that they could use the porch again. lol

Later the neighborhood was having an issue with raccoons so my father bought a trap for the critters and set it near the garbage cans near the back door. When he would catch one of the pesky beasts he would drive it up to the federal game lands, about an hour away from where they lived, and release it into the wild. This went on for over a month. One night a neighbors cat got caught in it and before my father checked the trap that day the hotheaded late 20 year old husband in the neighbors household let out the cat and spend a great deal of effort to damage the trap and beyond functioning. The fool couldn't just let the cat out and tell my father later ...he didn't even offer to pay for the damaged trap. I can understand thee cat owner being upset. I can understand him thinking that my father, who had complaints against the neighborhood cats, may have gotten some smug satisfaction in the capture. But to be so angry as to damage the trap? Dad had no proof that the neighbor had done the damage so he couldn't complain about damaged property.

• 2 months later...

We adopted another four legged- a small donkey abandoned when some folks lost their home to forclosure. "Shaggy" was left behind with some goats and a horse. Homes were found for the horse and goats, but nobody wanted this little guy, so call me a softy, I had said "no more animals", but one look at this little guy, and my hard-heart failed me. I'll try to get pictures up today. My Choclat horse is doing great, except I still can't ride very far, although my knee is finally starting to mend. The old mare, Penny, is still a PITA, the gelding Ranger is still the big loveable brute. Criquet, the Irish Setter went away to be with our old buddy Gus. The heat got her I think. She was old and had plenty of shade and water, but during the intense heat wave we had, just collapsed. Nana bear is doing fine, she's almost human, and spoiled rotten. Anywhooo...pictures :

donkey005.jpg

donkey002.jpg

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

My babies...

Lucy, also known as "nammy-naise" or "shnugga"

lucytongue2-1.jpg

Tippy, or "tippers" (as called by Kian/Sean) the uber cuddly one

fatcat-1.jpg

Pheonixx- the bitchy one who doesn't like to admit to wanting to be pet

benix.jpg

and Kilter the bun who likes to poop... everywhere

l_f5597e74cb42405e8c0e0c65dc492b9a.jpg

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

• 5 months later...