Pirates of the Frozen North

Pew

potfnlogo.jpg

Title: Pirates of the Frozen North

Stock Number:WZK6131

Display MSRP: $3.99

Expected Release: February 2007

Product Information:

Shiver your timbers! Pirates of the Frozen North invites you to navigate past perilous icebergs, captain fantastical longboats, and dominate wintry seas with frost-bearded Vikings. Bundle up and set sail with the Pirates of the Frozen North constructible strategy game!

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Way to go Wizkids!

I bought a... ur, "ship"load of Spanish Main. About as much Crimson Coast and Revolution.

Barbary Coast less than 10 packs. Jade less than that. Davy Jones... only about 5.

It's just failing to keep my attention. I love the game. But their ever lovin' desire to keep pumping shite out is astounding!

They need to make a companion game about the pirates themselves ala Hero or Horror clix.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

The thing I don't like about the new sets is the high point cost of crew and ships. Two Sea Monsters and a 40 point build total is done. Also many of the new rules/ abilities are very confusing. The super board ability with both ship and crew, etc "board w'n S".

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

The thing I don't like about the new sets is the high point cost of crew and ships. Two Sea Monsters and a 40 point build total is done. Also many of the new rules/ abilities are very confusing. The super board ability with both ship and crew, etc "board w'n S".

Ah, well, I don't pay too much attention to the Wizkid rules! They be more like "guidelines" if you know what I mean.

I just like playing with the little boats. 6 packs Spanish Main, 3 packs Davy Jones, scissors and glue and lots imagination -- and I've got a fleet large enough for a tableful of people to play happily!

I've added all sorts of my own crew (including mermaids, vampires, and rock stars), terrain (sunken treasure ships, siren's rocks, tidal islands) and associated rules.

Of course, rum or Corona seems to be a must for playing the game my way.

Hmmm... "Frozen North" ... geez, I'm Canadian. Not much scope for fantasy there!

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Of course, rum or Corona seems to be a must for playing the game my way.

Aye!

We play we a mast is lost, that's one sip of your favoite adult beverage; when your ship sinks, you must finish it. And a roll of "6", is a social. :lol: God forbid you pick up "Rum" as the unique treasure. That means you are "bartender" for the game. It's quite a fun drinking game.

Errr...we haven't really finished a game yet though. :lol: