Correct shoe buckles... available soon

***SHOE BUCKLES AVAILABLE NOW!***

Take a look (also at my Footware Site)

GOF-1680-1720-1.jpg

gofsb-3.jpg

gofsb-2.jpg

These were made up from an original in my collection.

This style would be good throughout the GAoP, and will take 3/4th inch (or 19mm) latch.

They are currently "IN STOCK"

I got hit up for some heavy shipping/import/customs charges (I am in Germany) that were unforeseen, so I have had to raise my price a bit.

Brass Buckles $30

Silver Buckles $35

Set of each $60

If interested, please send me a PM or E-mail.

Greg aka GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

I have some authentic shoe buckles at the foundry now, and should be available for mid October.

Take a look (also, this is one of Kevin Garlick's shoes.)

GOF-1680-1720-1.jpg

and

GOF-1680-1720-2.jpg

GOF-1680-1720-4.jpg

These were made up from an original in my collection.

This style would be good throughout the GAoP, and will take about a 3/4th inch latch.

When they are available, I will be selling them for $25 a set (2) shipped. That is at least $5 cheaper than the later buckles everyone else is selling.

Let me know if any of you are interested.

Greg aka GoF

GoF,

Count me in for a pair. Thanks.

The Dread Pyrate MacAnselan

aka Mick

Count me in, too, Greg. I will need a proper pair when I make my shoes over the winter. :lol:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

If ever we all get together we'll have to tell people we plundered a buckle factory!

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

• 1 month later...
You can count me in for a pair too GOF, I shall ask around amongst the UK Pirates to see if anyone else is interested.

Tall Paul.

You can count me in Paul. I'm looking at getting a pair of shoes and they don't come supplied with buckles so those would be perfect.

• 4 weeks later...

Any news on these Greg? I'm going to be needing some buckles soon & would love to get in on these if possible.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Greg,

Any news on these buckles yet?

There are several people who have earmarked a pair for themselves here in the UK.

I can testify to that. I've got a pair of latchet shoes on the way and should be delivered any day now that are sorely in need of a pair of buckles! :ph34r:

Every truck that goes by my house sends me running to the door to check and see if its a delivery....

Or in other words, I expect them any day this week. I will send out a post as soon as I get the pack open and check them out!

Thanks for waiting!

Greg

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

They came in Today/Tonight!

Take a look at the first post on this thread for updated info and pictures.

Thanks

greg aka GoF

How many pairs of shoe buckles did you order....

or...

If everyone that said they want a pair sends the money, will you have any left.....?

I want to get a pair.... but don't have the money right now...

Should I panic and go rob a little Old lady, or will you still have some next month?

<Yah... $35 isn't that much, but no one pays us untill after the New Year>

How many pairs of shoe buckles did you order....

or...

If everyone that said they want a pair sends the money, will you have any left.....?

I want to get a pair.... but don't have the money right now...

Should I panic and go rob a little Old lady, or will you still have some next month?

<Yah... $35 isn't that much, but no one pays us untill after the New Year>

What Patrick said.

You would get the buckles in just as I finished spending my money away on Christmas stuff. Will you have enough for those of us that desperately want them but can't buy them until next month? I want a pair of each.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Just a heads up... If you have bought some from me. I have already air mailed them out to you!

Thanks

Greg

Pat, it's Christmas, it's time to enjoy yourself! So...

Rob the Old Lady for the fun of it!

Then use the profits to buy some buckles as a kind of bonus

:huh:

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

like everyone else, I am suffering from the Christmas gift poverty.

Hopefully some of the outstanding cheques will turn up in the new year. In the mean Time I shall Check with the rest of C.H.E.S. to see if anyone else wants a pair.

If anyone from the UK is planning on coming to the Pilgrimage to Execution Dock in February, (See Raids) . I could take delivery and hand them out there, in order to save on postage.

Again, if you have paid in the last few days, Your buckles are already on the way too you via airmail.....

Chloe, yours went this morning!

Greg

Again, if you have paid in the last few days, Your buckles are already on the way too you via airmail.....

Chloe, yours went this morning!

Greg

Hi Greg,

Just to let you know that my buckles arrived safe and sound this morning - and very nice they are too! :lol:

A nice little Christmas present to myself they've turned out to be (to go with the shoes, powder horn and belt I recently ordered for myself) - and, at least, I got something I really wanted rather than smellies or socks. My family never normally get me anything even remotely pirate related no matter how many hints I drop. :lol::lol:

To be fair, though, they did pay for the shoes I ordered. That means it's only taken them 4 years to get the hint!

• 3 months later...

Most excellent sir, I received my shoe buckles today and they are marvelous. They are both beautiful and unique. The handcrafted, hand-finished look of each buckle lends them a subtle antiquated appearance which makes them all the more authentic for their minute flaws. I couldn't be happier with them. I like them more the longer I study them.

Now all I need are the shoes to put them on...

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

For the brass ones, if you put them in a plastic container, suspended above a bit of ammonia, the brass will react and really give them an "old" appearance. Don't put them in the liquid, just the fumes from the ammonia are enough, and it doesn't take too long. I'd start with about an hour... overnight and they will look about 200 years old!

Greg

aka

GoF

ps

Thanks for the kind words... The crazy thing is, they really are hand made.