California

John_Flint

I wish. We didn't bring a camera because we thought Mark would bring one. Then he told us he almost never takes pictures and almost never takes a camera anywhere. I did take some pics of him in garb the next day with his cell phone. Hopefully, they'll end up posted here.

So if anyone comes up thisaway and ends up sailing with us, bring your camera!

RHJMap.jpg

They are still in my phone. <_< I tried sending it to my brother in law so I could get them into jpg format and post them and it failed utterly. *Sigh* I have to figure out how to do this. My phone is holding my pictures for ransom.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

BTW, had a fabulous time SF. Much better than the first time. It is a city much worth walking about and observing. Spent the fore with Jack and Jill ( <_< Sorry...had to...) the mid going on walkabout - even found a pirate shoppe of sorts - and the aft with Autodesk.

I met the most fabulous woman this morn' at breakfast. She was in town to fulfill her duty as a board member of the American Funds. But her history included many years of work at a Think Tank. I believe in my heart of hearts I would love to be on the staff of a TT. Like me, she started out as a starry-eyed idealistic communist (the pure sort) and wound up through thought and consideration as a more pragmatic, but still (somewhat) open-minded libertarian (note small "l"). I suspect we would've spent hours and dinners together speaking on great and many things had she not to go to work (as a board member - she lived in VT and had commuted for the semi-annual whatsit) and I not to catch my flight.

I have a whole new view of SF. I should very much like to visit Jill & Co. again and ride aboard that beautifully restored tall ship they mentioned in passing. Yep, good times.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I met the most fabulous woman this morn' at breakfast. She was in town to fulfill her duty as a board member of the American Funds.

Just read this post - you mean the mutual fund company? Their funds are the best (says the former financial advisor.)

Mark - any time you want to visit you'll be most welcome. We'll come up with more adventures for you!

RHJMap.jpg

Yah..... there was just a passing mention that ye were going ter be out here in California......I need more time to drive down to the Bay Area next time you (or anyone else comes this far West and North).......

Wouldda been fun ter meet ye.... but I couldn't fit it in me schedule wit such short notice.....

Hey... maybe next time......