Am I going to far??

JohnnyTarr

Ok so today I went to the local county fair and who was their? Johnny Depp doing PR work for the coast guard. ;) Ok so Depp was not their but the Coast Guard was. Well with me building that boat this winter I got to talking to the guys and they told me about the Coast Guard Auxiliary. For about $30 I can goto eight two hour classes about Boating Skills and Seamanship class. Material will range from the basics to more advanced skills. Now this has got my attention. But on the way home I got to thinking was I getting a little to into this?? :blink:

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

if you are building any type of boat, taking seamanship/boating classes sounds like an excellant idea.

Even if you are just into writing understanding the workings of a boat is a grand idea.

If you just like to have the knowledge of how a ship is run the classes are a good idea.

Now if you asking when you are going to far...well, IMHO, if you pick up a cutlass, commandeer a ship, head out to sea with booty in mind, hail a ship to stand down with an ARGGGG....Well THEN you might be going a bit too far. :lol:

Otherwise naw...just enjoy and have fun!

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

I found a site that advertises tall ship cruises...from 3 day excursions to 12 day ones. You can participate taking the helm, standing watch etc (ifn' you don't know how they will teach) and if don't feel comfortable. you can lollywag about on deck and watch others do the work.

I have already emailed them and asked what their 2007 sailing schedules will be...sounds sooooo good to me.

So taking classes doesn't sound too far at all to me. :lol: Cause 07 I mayhap be ask'n "Where's that horizon" on m'own. ah, well sort :o

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

Well I am thinking of doing more than just taking those classes. I am thinking of joining the Coast Guard Auxiliary. As this is Labor Day weekend I won't try for any more info till at least Tues. Would any of you like info??

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

I salute you and honor all of our gents and jennies that serve this land. It was a wish I had to do so when I was younger...alas it was not meant to be...when I was of age to do so, it was not looked favorably for a lass to do it and my family especially my mother was against it.

How many times I look back and think how I wish I had done it anyway. Now I believe I am tad overage..sigh...But for those that are in the service...please know that offer my heartfelt thanks for serving and protecting us in whatever capacity that you do.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...