What Are You Cooking Tonight?

The Doctor

It feels like Winter here today...so, I decided to put together something simple for Friday evening....Tater-Tot Casserole with ham!

I can feel the pounds just piling on!

Yow!! You really are from Wisconsin, aren't you?! :huh:

Saturday night, I'm hosting a party for Janelle's birthday. Among the dignitaries wil be "Ian MacFarlane" and his lovely wife, "Molly", and the amazing musical duo, "My Lady's Cutlass."

The menu, prepared by Chef Jaque Fou, is as follows:

Homemade French Bread

Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo (Yo, Fred Bob!)

and for dessert,

Creme BruleƩ

"Mad Jack Margaritas" will also be served to those brave enough.

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

let's see tonight it was a good night to cook so i made a homemade chicken with apples sausages and whipped cauliflower au gratin and fresh green beans with pearl onions and white button mushrooms ...and a nice cider ...will probably have a tawny port after while :huh:

Sadly tonight I only reheated lol. But tomorrow I'm making lamb chops wih garlic and rosemary and roasted veggies mmmm...oh and Callenish I love green beans and pearl onions! B)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I decided to put together something simple for Friday evening....Tater-Tot Casserole with ham!

I can feel the pounds just piling on!

Yow!! You really are from Wisconsin, aren't you?! B)

Well Mad Jack,

Though not from this state originally, I do like some of the food they offer. Only, I refuse to eat their chili. Who ever heard of putting egg noodles in their chili?! That's NOT chili! :lol:

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

I know what you mean about the egg noodles in chili thing. Gross!! That, and you can only get it mild, extra mild, or "North Shore style". Ketchup is spicier!

But they do have some really good "comfort food." :)

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Alright that's it, I'm comming for dinner Mistress Lilly. Seriously these menus are making my meals look pathetic.

Tonight it's "my style" black bean soup. Basically vegie stock, onions, garlic & lots of black beans. Mostly I make it as an excuse to eat the beans. I don't do sides or dessert because, well, I'm lazy.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

If I cook a large (or "gourmet") meal, I don't have any time to write about it in the Pub.

Tonight it's reheated stuffed mushroom-and-spinach pizza from Giordano's.

No energy to cook. Still exhausted after Saturday's 12-hour round-trip drive. Ugh.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Last night was crab stuffed flounder... tonight I think it'll be some sort of baked or grilled orange roughy with a plum-chipotle sauce served with potatos and carmelized onions.

I do all the cooking in the galley aboard me ship... I know it's unusual for a cap'n to do the cook'n, but me first mate is also me seamstress. If I am want'n to have a beautiful and accurate coat, vest, shirt, and breeches, I have to leave her to her sewing while I do the cooking. (I do all the cooking as she does the laundry... kind of a great deal, 'cause I love cooking and she doesn't mind laundry as much as I do and she prefers not to cook.)

No, 'stuffies' are just another name for stuff claims on the half shell. It's very popular up here in Rhode Island.

Hello, Miss St. Claire!

I looked up a few recipes fer stuffed clams; the good folks of Rhode Island eat well. Do ye stuff them yer self, or are they available in the markets?

I shop wit' the Trader Joe here, and we had Baked Chicken, brown rice, and Asian veggies. Like Captain Culli, I do most of the cookin' at home.

Bon appetit,

Jacky Tar

tonight I took Cheeks advice & cooked cause I had time.

made the most delish "3 sisters pie" with zucchini, corn, red peppers, tomatoes & pinto beans topped with polenta & browned in the broiler. Even made enough to be enjoying it for the next few days. I'm full & happy now.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

tonight was polish stew....aka kraut, kielbasa, and stew beef with homemade bread

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

left over Mexican food from lunch...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Just finished off the last egg's benidict (sans the ham), made from scratch even! I'm darned proud of myself tonight.

• 1 month later...

Tonight be a marvelous concoction of ingeneous design. Ya takes the old turkey karkass an boils it fer a couple 'o hours. Fish out the bones an add a heap 'o onions, celery, s'hrooms an enough taters ta fill the pot. Add one or two tins of cream O' favorite soup, then ya boils it fer a few more hours. Pour the finished mess o'er a pile 'o biscuits an chow down till ya look like a rum barrel :lol:

PIRATES!Ā  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

Cook, tonight are you out of yer mind? I'm not cookin fer another year after yesterday!

dinner is the last of a bag of checks mix & the last beer in the house. Oh, and there's jest enough pie.

Diced chicken and rice with an enchilada sauce, smothered in colby and monterey jack cheeses.

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.